PDA

View Full Version : Is My Quad Nice?

Brauap
03-03-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't know what to think of it. I love it, but I also want it looking good. Tell me what you think.

Thank You!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/100_1844.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/100_1843.jpg

PS: WB E-Series, Alum Air Box and several small things have been added since picture was taken.

dang400ex
03-03-2008, 10:54 PM
looks like it needs a good wipe down of the frame, engine, and all components...otherwise its pretty nice...all that matters is that you like it

ti2ibal1
03-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by dang400ex
all that matters is that you like it

Exactly!

With that being said, I don't like the headlights and the seat cover.

born2ride14
03-04-2008, 05:04 AM
you need a diferent hood
then clean it real good
then it will be very nice

foxracer5464
03-04-2008, 05:09 AM
cut the rear fenders and it looks alot better with the fronts

trx400EXtreme
03-04-2008, 05:32 AM
the one think i would do is loose the seat cover, other than that it looks good:macho .

03-04-2008, 05:34 AM
not too bad...until you look at the hood, the headlights, the seat cover, and the cut off and tweaked front bumper? why is the bumper cut? what do you use to move the front end around with?
absolute worst part, i think, is the hood. it just clashes...

AtvMxRider
03-04-2008, 06:44 AM
:ermm: not really

Honda#4
03-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Clean that Motor!, loose the the hood and the lights, buy a bumper. If you had a PC job done to your quad the seat would look even better, overall the quad looks good. It's all really up to what you want on your quad and how it looks.

REPOMAN
03-04-2008, 07:54 AM
hood and headlights are cool. not big on the seat. it takes time and money just take your time and make sure you like it. i have an extra stock and an aftermarket bumper. i will sell them to you cheap if you dont have alot of money to spend

Brauap
03-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Wow. I have extremely mixed feelings about this. I am glad I know what the con's are, but I am hurt its that ugly. So, this is what I plan on doing:

Getting a new hood. ASAP!

Getting a new bumper! (REPOMAN you have a PM)

Clean up the engine and parts.

But I am keeping the seat cover and lights for 2 reasons. 1) I like the cover and I dont have another 65 bucks to spend. 2) I am keeping the lights because I ride alot of night riding. But I am willing to move them somewhere else. (I am up to suggestions!!) Also, the reason the bumper is cut is because I have the lights right behind it, and it was in the way, so I cut it and found out the lights where UGLY there so I had to move them.

About the hood, I bought it thinking it was black, (I didn't read enough off Maier, lol) But now that I need a new one, I need ideas! I cant afford a Quad Tech, but could someone give me some idea off of maier ect.

Thank You For All Your Input!!!!

Honda#4
03-04-2008, 09:13 AM
At one point all of our quads were ugly, maybe if you move the lights to the top of the handlebars it would benifit you move cuz the lights will move to where you are going instead of being fixed on the quad.

03-04-2008, 09:15 AM
the hood would look good if it were a different color...like black or a matching yellow
put the lights on your bars...they will be more effective since they will be always shining ahead of you in the turns...

the seat cover isn't that bad, but flames there and no where else is cheesy. i have laways though an all black cover looks the best anyway...

one other thing i forgot to mention before is the lame "no fear graphics"...but then again, advertising for someone for free is a pet peeve of mine...

Mercedes
03-04-2008, 09:25 AM
I ride at night so I understand the lights. Try to mount them to the hadlebars(keeps the lights pointing at the trails not the woods)

loose the seat cover and hood.

Sell hood on ebay might even get more that what you paid for it.

Brauap
03-04-2008, 09:33 AM
I just took the hood off and the "bumper."

And for the second time, I am keeping the seat cover. What do you guys mean its "cheesy"? Its very high quality. I love it. But nvm.

I will attemp to mount the lights on the handle bars. That's a good idea!! But, I dont know how I would do that. Because the design needs a hold to bolt onto. Here is the eBay item # 350030904963. If you look, it has one part attached at the bottom of the light and the other is attached to the little tabs of the light by a bolt and nut. But if I want to attach it to the handle bars, how would I do that?!

Thanks!

PS: anyone interested in a hood? ;)

03-04-2008, 09:48 AM
you could find something along these lines at your local hardware store...and for a lot less i might add... http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=194&navTitle=Electrical&webCatId=20&prodFamilyId=14874

the flames look gay because there are no other flames on the bike...i am not one for flames, but if done right, they can look good...here is an example...
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/921056/GGJEZ-400exleftside.JPG
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/921056/CZIQI-300exleftside.JPG

REPOMAN
03-04-2008, 10:13 AM
HEY BRAAAUP I SENT YOU AS PM BUT YOUR BOX IS FULL.

Brauap
03-04-2008, 10:17 AM
I understand. I had these but I took them off to clean them and I went riding and I lost one. Hmm.. I still have no clue where I lost them, but I plan on getting more. http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/Yellow_Black_Flame.jpg http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/100_1373.jpg

mcwilly
03-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Brauap
I just took the hood off and the "bumper."

And for the second time, I am keeping the seat cover. What do you guys mean its "cheesy"? Its very high quality. I love it. But nvm.

I will attemp to mount the lights on the handle bars. That's a good idea!! But, I dont know how I would do that. Because the design needs a hold to bolt onto. Here is the eBay item # 350030904963. If you look, it has one part attached at the bottom of the light and the other is attached to the little tabs of the light by a bolt and nut. But if I want to attach it to the handle bars, how would I do that?!

Thanks!

PS: anyone interested in a hood? ;)

Brauap, seriously. Dont go changing the looks of your quad if you're happy with it the way it is. Are you "customizing" it for yourself or to impress a bunch of people on a message board? Do to it what YOU like....not us. Everybody has different tastes when it comes to 'customizing' their quad.

Brauap
03-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by mcwilly
Are you "customizing" it for yourself or to impress a bunch of people on a message board?

:eek: aa... both, but I prefer our members of EXRiders, because they have great taste, and I want their oppinions. To me, it doesn't mean anything if I like it. Its if other people like it. Its this strange thing in my head. :ermm:

HEY BRAAAUP I SENT YOU AS PM BUT YOUR BOX IS FULL.

Its empty now. Thanks.

Pipeless416
03-04-2008, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brauap
[B]:eek: aa... both, but I prefer our members of EXRiders, because they have great taste, and I want their oppinions. To me, it doesn't mean anything if I like it. Its if other people like it. Its this strange thing in my head. :ermm:

i know its not time for a life lesson, but thats called john kerryitus. giving in to what everybody else wants and never looking out for yourself will hold you back in life.. you got the hood and seat cover because you liked them, and thats what matters the most. i have a stuffed elmo with a santa hat strapped to my front bumper. does it get made fun of? yes. do i care? no. live by the line.. "roost the haters." also, if you're that unhappy with the hoods color, get some krylon fusion and paint it black.
:macho

Brauap
03-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brauap
[B]:eek: aa... both, but I prefer our members of EXRiders, because they have great taste, and I want their oppinions. To me, it doesn't mean anything if I like it. Its if other people like it. Its this strange thing in my head. :ermm:

i know its not time for a life lesson, but thats called john kerryitus. giving in to what everybody else wants and never looking out for yourself will hold you back in life.. you got the hood and seat cover because you liked them, and thats what matters the most. i have a stuffed elmo with a santa hat strapped to my front bumper. does it get made fun of? yes. do i care? no. live by the line.. "roost the haters." also, if you're that unhappy with the hoods color, get some krylon fusion and paint it black.
:macho

Yea. Good point. But, I do hate that that hood, and thats going. BTW I think your elmo is awsome! lol

What do people think about this? (Minus the hood and bumper and there will be the shock covers shown above on.)

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/MYQUAD3-1.jpg

I love how this looks. Also, what about having black back fenders, with a graphic kit similar to Ahraix (misspelled :rolleyes: ) with yellow and black PC frame fading into one another?

STUNTIN400EX
03-04-2008, 02:19 PM
NOW THAT LOOKS GOOD!! leave the hood or paint it and move your lights and you should think about going on ebay and getting a seat cover. there are some that are around 25 to 30 dollars. i wil also rely the message everyone else has said already it is your quad do with it as YOU like.

Brauap
03-04-2008, 02:26 PM
This is the one I got off of eBay. 280204957292 I spent 70 bucks on!!

(I AM NOT CHANGING THE SEAT COVER. SO PLEASE STOP SAYING TO DO SO)(but I thank you for your input.)

REDRIDDER
03-04-2008, 02:33 PM
what a waste of $70 bucks lol....that seat is ugly as hell.

Honda#4
03-04-2008, 02:39 PM
I would definently shoot for that look

03-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Its pretty good I guess. I would deffinately lose that seat cover but the phot shop you did on it looks awesome just lose the flame seat and just get all black.

shadowwalker
03-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Do they still make that hood? Or do I need to buy a 450r one. I want it in black though.

REDRIDDER
03-04-2008, 02:47 PM
oh Brauap by the way i meant no offense just letting you know that i didn't like that seat cover.

:)

dirtmerchant42
03-04-2008, 03:53 PM
im not a huge fan of the flames but other than that its not 2 bad after you swap the lights/bumper/hood

Brauap
03-04-2008, 04:42 PM
I like the black hood, but I am not so sure about the black seat cover.. :ermm:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/MYQUAD4.jpg

Brauap
03-04-2008, 04:42 PM
I like the black hood, but I am not so sure about the black seat cover.. :ermm:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/MYQUAD4.jpg

440challenger
03-04-2008, 05:06 PM
You can get a whole complete honda seat for about 75 bucks ,foam and all.

It looked a lot better before you changed things not to be mean. All you needed to do was change those rear tires.

Now, i would change the hood, even if you painted it it doesnt fit or flow right. Black rims would make a world of difference,especially with the seat cover and the yellow plastic.

mat1977
03-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Braup,stress less about what it looks like and concentrate on performance parts.I think it would look better without the hood and all the flames,though.Just clean it up a little and it will look good bro.

jesseweaver
03-04-2008, 05:50 PM
dude that last pic is lookin pretty sick. i know you dont wanna hear this, but if you would get a new bumper and yellow and black akraix graphics, definatley consider getting an all black seat cover. i got the black and red akraix graphics and it looked awful with the light red honda seat cover so i picked up an all black one industries cover on rocky mountain for like 40$. plus they'll really help you to not slide off the seat any more. and a frame that fades from yellow to black would look really nice. probably get a black grab bar too.

and listen to everyone else, dont listen to everyone else. (sounds a little confusing i guess) it doesnt matter as much what other people think of it, just make sure you like it. if you wanna keep the seat cover and lights, good. theres always gonna be people with $15,000 race bikes that are gonna think of theres and laugh at yours. and theres people like me who compare it to our own bikes too, and think it looks good.

oh yea, heres my 400 with AX graphics and a black seat cover. different colors, but same concept.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/1999_416ex/GEDC2157.jpg

UNBROKEN
03-05-2008, 06:49 PM
wut do u guys use to clean the mud stains from ure motors

03-05-2008, 06:55 PM
I use a power washer, dishwashing degreaser soap, car scrub mit and on occasion i'll bring out the toothbrush.

03-05-2008, 10:37 PM
mothers wheel cleaner

UNBROKEN
03-07-2008, 02:35 PM
the powerwarsher didnt get the stains off mine i guess ill try a brillo pad then powerwarsh it should come out

REDRIDDER
03-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by 440challenger
You can get a whole complete honda seat for about 75 bucks ,foam and all.

It looked a lot better before you changed things not to be mean. All you needed to do was change those rear tires.

Now, i would change the hood, even if you painted it it doesnt fit or flow right. Black rims would make a world of difference,especially with the seat cover and the yellow plastic. WOW:eek2: your right i didnt think that they were so cheap.Brauap paid that just for a cover lol..... poor dude.

03-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Well I didnt read all the posts but I did see the picture of it before the hood and awful headlights and I must say it was so much nicer with the stock front end and teh seat cover looks good in that picture also. Dont get mad becuaes everyone says it is ugly because everyone thinks a quad needs a lt front end and hipers to look good. I think its alot nicer before the hood and stuff so if I were you I would keep the stock hood and headlights and mount them back up and sell that other stuff and then get some aftermarkets that make a difference.

boylan300ex
03-07-2008, 05:11 PM
I really like the hood because i have the same one on mine>>>>

But ya the seat looks bad and you shoulda kept your front fenders

trx400EXtreme
03-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by UNBROKEN
wut do u guys use to clean the mud stains from ure motors i use eagle one etching mag and aluminum cleaner. it very strong stuff so you have to be careful what you spray it on. it will ruin anything polished or chromeed. here what mine looked like after i used it for the first time. i sprayed my nerfs, motor, engine mounts, air scoops, heat sheild, rims and exhaust.

BigBore24
03-07-2008, 09:02 PM
I would definately say keep the hood and paint it black. that paint would proly work real well on a hood since it wont be flexing much. I also think your right about the shock covers, if you had another set of them it would make the seat cover look much better. BTW you still got the thumb throttle

BigBore24
03-07-2008, 09:05 PM
oh yea. im one of the nice votes. c'mon guys with the voting only 4 nice votes so far. thats a bit harsh.

Brauap
03-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by BigBore24
oh yea. im one of the nice votes. c'mon guys with the voting only 4 nice votes so far. thats a bit harsh.

Thats what I was thinking, but they can vote how ever they want. Yes, I still have the throttle for sale. I had it painted gloss/flat black. But right now I am in the middle of polishing the lid. If your intersted, would you want the lid polished (the best I could do, which is a slight mirror finish.) But the price would be booted up to 15 dollars, to pay for the Mothers Polish. It will look very nice. Tell me if your intersted.

TRXRacer1
03-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Brauap, you seriously need to care less what members here think. It's nice to get an opinion now and then like my seat cover thread. It was a good way to find the cover I wanted but if I listened to everything the majority said around these forums I'd have a fancy graphics kit and hundreds in parts I don't need.

The first thing you should do is paint that hood. You already paid for it and it flows with your bike better then a lot think. The color is just wrong. Now for your seat cover it's not everyone's cup of tea but it apparently was yours! You paid a fair price for a quality cover as far as I can tell. I knew I could have got a whole new cover and seat from Honda for the price I just paid for my new cover but what's the fun in that?

So get that hood painted and post new pics. Start thinking of what else you can do to your quad that will go with the flame theme you started. Right now it's a little unfocused. Contact the place you got the shock covers from, maybe they can sell you 1 to replace your lost one. Maybe just get a new set if that's what you're into. Lastly get a new bumper. That's the most hackish thing you got going. I got mine dirt cheap off ebay because it was bent. All I did was straiten it in the press at work and now nobody knows it was twisted unless I tell them.

TRXRacer1
03-08-2008, 10:00 AM
See, not too bad. You should consider getting your hubs PC'd yellow too.

http://miltechsolutions.tripod.com/offroad/junk/brauap.jpg

416exfreak
03-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Ditch the NO FEAR stickers too man...

"no fear to speak out"....the whole 'gay rights' thing from the 90's is what those stickers remind me of.

JOEX
03-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak

"no fear to speak out"....the whole 'gay rights' thing from the 90's is what those stickers remind me of.
What you did in the 90's is your own business...:chinese:

BigBore24
03-08-2008, 07:47 PM
lmao

416exfreak
03-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
What you did in the 90's is your own business...:chinese:

In the 90's I was growing from a toddler into an adolescant (sp).

Im just letting him in on something he may not have known.:ermm:

TRXRacer1
03-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak

"no fear to speak out"....the whole 'gay rights' thing from the 90's is what those stickers remind me of. If it was rainbow colored he might have a REAL reason to be worried about :rolleyes:

Hondamaster5505
03-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Hey Brauap,

I was on craigslist and found this. Its a hybrid, but 400ex frame and plastics.

This is what the raptor hood looks like. I personally like it.

redneckchop420
03-11-2008, 07:42 PM
thats cool

Brauap
03-11-2008, 07:44 PM
thats pretty cool but its too far away. I wish there was a closer pic, thanks though

Brauap
03-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Good News!!! I found my other shock cover!! lol

It makes it look so much better, and it saved me 45 bucks!! lol

416HondaEX
06-21-2008, 09:08 AM
That seat cover is just brutal looking. 1. Flames are out 2. the plastic looks cheap on the side of the seat.

Just do a black seat cover, a FX or One Industries for like $35. If you can't afford that then why come and ask for peoples opinions then? If you like it the way it is then why bother asking others if they like it?

HondaRaceReady
06-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Sorry man, I don't think your bike looks good. I've never seen aftermarket race plastics that I liked on a 400ex. I think stock plastics with a cool decal set would look better. The yellow beadlock rims look good though.

BigBore24
06-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by 416HondaEX
That seat cover is just brutal looking. 1. Flames are out 2. the plastic looks cheap on the side of the seat.

Just do a black seat cover, a FX or One Industries for like $35. If you can't afford that then why come and ask for peoples opinions then? If you like it the way it is then why bother asking others if they like it?

why bother posting in a thread thats over 3 months old. r u wanting to insult someone that bad?

speedfoxracing
06-21-2008, 07:23 PM
nice were did u get the hood from

hornetgod13
06-21-2008, 07:30 PM
why bother posting in a thread thats over 3 months old. r u wanting to insult someone that bad?

Exactally! I thought the same thing. This is an old thread. Three months with out a post and he had to dig it up.

Hondamaster5505
06-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Where did this kid go? He posted like crazy every day, then he just kinda fell off the face of the earth.,...:confused:

hornetgod13
06-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Where did this kid go? He posted like crazy every day, then he just kinda fell off the face of the earth.,...:confused:

He was a knuckle head. This forum is better know that he's moved on. I bet he's probably annoying the heck out of people on another website.

Hondamaster5505
06-22-2008, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
He was a knuckle head. This forum is better know that he's moved on. I bet he's probably annoying the heck out of people on another website.

LMAO.

I think he was a tool too. He was perfectly happy with his 400ex, but then we started seeing threads like "Do you like my 400ex" and just completely ruined his bike. I liked it when it looked stock.

*meanwhile at thumpertalk*

Where can I get it plated?
What do you think of it?
Show your YZ!

Honda#4
06-22-2008, 07:43 AM
Sense his quad needs a rebuild I'm pretty sure he is just ridding his YZ now according to the last time I talked to him on AIM.

Ruby Soho
06-22-2008, 08:34 AM
LMAO.

I think he was a tool too. He was perfectly happy with his 400ex, but then we started seeing threads like "Do you like my 400ex" and just completely ruined his bike. I liked it when it looked stock.

*meanwhile at thumpertalk*

Where can I get it plated?
What do you think of it?
Show your YZ!

your kidding me right?!

Hondamaster5505
06-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
your kidding me right?!

what? His quad was never like great or anything, but he added all this crap on it and it was just so he can try and impress other people. lol.

I like me 400 the way it is, and add stuff according to MY tastes.

Anyways, I wonder what the hell happened to the kid.
He was obsessed with this site

Yippie-Ki-Yay
06-22-2008, 09:26 AM
I like it, dont see that many yeller bikes. It needs a few sos pads or a pressure washer. I like the light setup, but in my opinion, the hood sticks out to far. If you had a different hood, maybe a darker one, i would love it.

Ruby Soho
06-22-2008, 09:29 AM
what? His quad was never like great or anything, but he added all this crap on it and it was just so he can try and impress other people. lol.

I like me 400 the way it is, and add stuff according to MY tastes.

Anyways, I wonder what the hell happened to the kid.
He was obsessed with this site

no i meant about the TT part.. haha

hornetgod13
06-22-2008, 11:39 AM
What's his name at TT?

My Son and I are in the YZ forum all the time. He got a 06' YZ125 at the end of the school year.

lorenjr83
06-22-2008, 01:30 PM
well he went by brauup on all the other sites he visited about 400ex's so i would doubt it if it was something along those lines or ringdingdingding lol

Yippie-Ki-Yay
06-24-2008, 01:24 PM
He also has a youtube channel called "braaup" He has like 70 videos of coppied music videos...

Brauap
06-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Wow. Thanks guys. I took a break, and I came back just to check up and this is what I saw. You are all *******s. Half of you who I thought where nice, and maybe even a friends, you back stabbing son's of *******

I am finally thrilled with my 400EX. I love how it looks, and preforms. So, there. One guy says he doesn't like my quad, then everyone insaults me? Real mature guys. On my thread too. Whatever.

Brauap
06-24-2008, 09:49 PM
What's his name at TT?

My Son and I are in the YZ forum all the time. He got a 06' YZ125 at the end of the school year.

I have seen you several times.

blaaze416
06-24-2008, 10:00 PM

Your lame......go wash your quad.

BlasterEaten250
06-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Wow. Thanks guys. I took a break, and I came back just to check up and this is what I saw. You are all *******s. Half of you who I thought where nice, and maybe even a friends, you back stabbing son's of *******

I am finally thrilled with my 400EX. I love how it looks, and preforms. So, there. One guy says he doesn't like my quad, then everyone insaults me? Real mature guys. On my thread too. Whatever. It's an internet forum, get over it.

hornetgod13
06-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by blaaze416
Your lame......go wash your quad.

It's washed. Thanks :macho

jesseweaver
06-25-2008, 06:14 AM
It's washed. Thanks :macho

lol is that thing ever dirty

Hondamaster5505
06-25-2008, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by jesseweaver

i dont think so, but hey, whatever keeps it perty.

hornetgod13
06-25-2008, 07:18 AM

All the time. I clean it after nearly every ride.

hornetgod13
06-25-2008, 07:20 AM
i dont think so, but hey, whatever keeps it perty.

and another for the non believers........

Hondamaster5505
06-25-2008, 07:24 AM
damn! lol.

How do you get your tires so shiny after every ride?!?! Mine always get like yours, but it's almost like the mud is stained onto the tire. The sides I can armor-all fine, but the tops always stay dirty.

Example:

Brauap
06-25-2008, 08:34 AM
I just use a good powerwasher. I made my razrs look like new, and I mean.. new It wasn't shiny just like when you take it outta the box.

powermadd400ex
06-25-2008, 08:35 AM
i pressure wash the tires(along with the whole quad) and that takes all the dirt and mud outta those suckers

Hondamaster5505
06-25-2008, 10:31 AM
thanks for the tips guys. The tires annoy the hell out of me.

fastredrider44
06-25-2008, 10:45 AM
spray your fourwheeler with bleech white or purple power, and let it sit about a minute before you spray it. It will clean things that you normally have to sponge.

jesseweaver
06-25-2008, 02:36 PM
All the time. I clean it after nearly every ride.

well then it cleans up really nice. one of the nicest 400s ive ever seen

my88r
06-25-2008, 06:06 PM

lol, i never know hornet would talk smack.:p

my88r
06-25-2008, 06:07 PM

I am finally thrilled with my 400EX. I love how it looks, and preforms. So, there. One guy says he doesn't like my quad, then everyone insaults me? Real mature guys. On my thread too. Whatever.

:rolleyes:

my88r
06-25-2008, 06:10 PM
and another for the non believers........

that is not enough mud..... and your intake boot didn't fall off.:p

Brauap
06-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by my88r
:rolleyes:

What does that mean? I am not good enough to ask questions...? All rightt.........

powermadd400ex
06-25-2008, 06:58 PM
What does that mean?
that would be a green man rollin his eyes ;) XD

blaaze416
06-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Sorry Hornetgod13, I was just givin you some shoulder. I really do like your quad, and it's soo clean, it was the first thing I thought of :ermm: . But hey, at least this thread got pretty interesting!! :D

my88r
06-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
that would be a green man rollin his eyes ;) XD

lol..:p

my88r
06-25-2008, 10:12 PM
i was just over at thumpertalk. whats his user name?

hornetgod13
06-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by blaaze416
Sorry Hornetgod13, I was just givin you some shoulder. I really do like your quad, and it's soo clean, it was the first thing I thought of :ermm: . But hey, at least this thread got pretty interesting!! :D

No worries. I've learned you have to have thick skin on websites like this. Others still need to learn a thing or two.

Brauap, post a picture of the 02' YZ125 you got. Here's a picture of my Son's new YZ125

Brauap
06-26-2008, 10:20 PM
No worries. I've learned you have to have thick skin on websites like this. Others still need to learn a thing or two.

Brauap, post a picture of the 02' YZ125 you got. Here's a picture of my Son's new YZ125

Its actually an 00' I need to fix that. It is all stock except fly bars, and a worked rear shock by Race Tech.

I am going to make my Yz look real nice. I have learned my lesson and don't go cheap, because cheap looks cheap. I am going to try top of the line. I am planning either a black out with red accents, or white out with blue accents. What do you think?

If you still want, I will post pictures right after I am done with the top end rebuild (full)

BTW: My name is O3400EX (Should of tought of something better and more unique, like Brauaap. Haha jk)

I still have alot to learn about the 2 wheeled 2 smoke world.. :eek:

ATVMX905
06-26-2008, 10:31 PM
ditch the seat cover and get a new hood, then it would look nice.

tri5ron
06-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by ATVMX905

OOooohhhh BOY!,
here we Go....
LOL!
Brauap, lets see a pic....

Brauap
06-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by ATVMX905

I already did. These pictures are wayy old.

smelly$cat
06-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Just trolling the forums here. I thought this thread was priceless! LOL! Seriously, LOL!

DementeD
06-27-2008, 05:51 PM
wow..i definitely saw some stuff i didnt think i would from other members ..but anyway

Braaup ill pretty much say everyone has there own taste and nobodys the same..thats what keeps everything interesting
so u spent a couple hundred and maybe ur not satisfied..
i honestly dont like the look of it..but hey
hornetgod spent like 4k into his bike and its still ugly

but thats just my opinion
i think one of the best looking 400s ive seen is wheelie's

and i dont remember the members name
but it was a girl with white plastics and pink frame
which i believe she had a hood where i love the stock headlights look..

and right now i think my quad isnt the pertiest..but i dont plan to make it look perty until im done with performance/susp. setup
and have enough down time to pc the frame etc..

either way keep ur head up and fk the haters and two faced people

Honda#4
06-27-2008, 06:20 PM
I somewhat agree with Demented but i dont agree with the fact that saying that hornets quad is ugly I like it sure theres things i'd change on it same with everyones elses but if theres one thing I do its not going around saying peoples quads are ugly no offense Dement but people try to get there quad the best of the best and its a tuff road for some people money being the main issue here, and people want ideas from other people but its what you want that makes your quad the best not what everyone says or thinks Brauap.

Again I apologize dement just my opinion also.

Ruby Soho
06-27-2008, 06:37 PM
not everyone liked eachothers bikes guys... we all have our own opinion. everyone's bikes are nice. but of course, if they were your's or mine.. id change this and that because I like it. and just cause I don't like whats on YOUR bike, doesn't mean a thing.

my88r
06-27-2008, 06:44 PM
bikes are made to ride. put the things on it that are useful. then go ride it. you cant see what it looks like when your riding it.:D

DementeD
06-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
I somewhat agree with Demented but i dont agree with the fact that saying that hornets quad is ugly I like it sure theres things i'd change on it same with everyones elses but if theres one thing I do its not going around saying peoples quads are ugly no offense Dement but people try to get there quad the best of the best and its a tuff road for some people money being the main issue here, and people want ideas from other people but its what you want that makes your quad the best not what everyone says or thinks Brauap.

Again I apologize dement just my opinion also.

no need to apologize to me at all
its my opinion of what i think of his bike ...is mine any better? no definitely not..but thats my taste/opinion (i bought my bike used and ill get around to the beauty of it..when its said n done ill post and if no one likes it well..no problem cuz imo itll be exactly what i want..and hopefully since no one likes it, it wont get stolen :D )
i go for a nice clean look with no graphics(unless on white plastics i believe white looks great but there has to be something to set it off whether it be a lil bit of graphics or just a wicked powdercoated frame) and the wheels imo are just nasty..i dont like them at all

now am i being a little more...blunt then i usually would be..yes
but theres reason for that..once i saw disrespect to another member of the forum for being..curious..and more then likely just young then i lost respect for the person(s) who disrespected him..
especially since they are so known around on the forum and you would THINK for kids they would be the ones to look up to..
instead of hurting the kids feelings...

hornetgod13
06-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by DementeD
hornetgod spent like 4k into his bike and its still ugly

Too funny!

Closer to $6,000 and your eye sight and/or your judgement is flawed.

Seriously, you're entitled to your opinion. Everyones tastes differ. If you ask for peoples opinions than you should be prepared to take the good with the bad.

I'm sure DementeD's quad looks fantastic.

my88r
06-27-2008, 08:03 PM

Closer to $6,000 and your eye sight and/or your judgement is flawed.

can we see a parts list.:huh

01exrider 281
06-27-2008, 08:07 PM

here you go
parts list (http://www.atvriders.com/qotm/quadofthemonth2008-03-red-honda-trx-400ex-atv.html)

hornetgod13
06-27-2008, 08:08 PM

It's well over 6 grand and that doesn't include shipping cost. See below. I have nearly 3 grand in the suspension, rims, and tires alone. Sounds like you doubt me. Add it up yourself if you don't believe it.

Here's a link to the individual break down of each parts costs with pictures and descriptions.
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vid=11242

Wiseco 87mm (416cc) 11:1 Hi-Compression Piston Kit / XR400 Head Gasket / Hotcams Stage 1 Cam Shaft / CRF450 Cam Chain / EBC DRC HD Clutch Kit / iShocks i5500 Front Suspension Kit / Rebuilt, Tuned, and Resprung Stock Rear Shock (iShocks) / Durablue 2+2 Eliminator Axle / Anodized Black Rad-Loc Axle Nut / All Balls Rear Axle Bears and Seals / Gibson 7 Way Adjustable Steering Stabilizor/ New Viton Valve Seals / AMR Monster Coil / ProCom Performance Rev Box / HiPer 9x9 3+6 (Off Set) Dual Beadlock Rear Rims with Red Rings / HiPer 10x5 3+2 (Off Set) Single Beadlock Front Rims with Red Rings / HiPer Mud Plugs 9" & 10" / Kenda XCR Klaw Tires 20x11-9 / Kenda XCF Klaw Tires 22x7-10 / ITP .190 T-9 Black Pro Series Rims 9x8 (3+5 Off Set) and 10x5 (3+2 Off Set) / ITP Sand Star tires 20x11-9 and 21x7-10 / ITP 10mm Chrome Lug Nuts with 14mm Heads / Red HMF Slip-On with Black Vector End Cap / Black Exhaust Guard (1200 degree paint) / DMP Graphics and Matching Vynil Sided Gripper Seat Cover / Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper Powder Coated Texture Black / Black Powder Coated Tinner Scoops / Black Powder Coated AC Black Line Pro Pegs Nerf Bars with Black Webbing / Cobra Swingarm .250 Skid Plate / Cobra .190 Chassis Skid Plate / Works Connection Frame Guards / Scotts Stainless Steel Oil Filter / XRs Only Oil Temperature Gauge / Black Tusk Fuel Vent Valve / RK 520 X-RING Chain (94 Links) 7,400 lbs. Tensile Strength / Trail Tech Endurance Computer / Trail Tech 1-1/8" Bar Clamps and Endurance Dash Board / Black Trail Tech 1-1/8" Medium Bend X-Bars / Black TerryCable Dual Gasser / Red & Black Milano Gel Grips / Red & Black PowerMadd Hand Guards / Black ASV Unbreakable F3 Series Clutch and Brake Levers / Black ASV Brake Rotator Clamp / R.I.S. "Fear No Gear" Billet Shifter / EBC MXS Sintered Metal Brake Pads / Tusk Parking Brake Block Off Plate / Reverse Start Modification / EHS Racing Air Box Lid / UNI Filter / Snorkel Removed / Nac's Snorkel Plug / Permanent Charge Leads / K&S Hydralic Front Brake Switch / "13" Red and Black Racing Numbers / Front and Rear Steel Braided Brake Lines / Black Modquad Billet Quick Release Flag Mount / Stainless Steel Swingarm Bolt / Pivot Work Swingarm Bearing Kit / DLR Front Wheel Bearing Conversion Kit

hornetgod13
06-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by 01exrider 281
here you go
parts list (http://www.atvriders.com/qotm/quadofthemonth2008-03-red-honda-trx-400ex-atv.html)

01exrider 281
06-27-2008, 08:10 PM
idc what it cost. i love the way it looks. great job on it man.

my88r
06-27-2008, 08:28 PM
It's well over 6 grand and that doesn't include shipping cost. See below. I have nearly 3 grand in the suspension, rims, and tires alone. Sounds like you doubt me. Add it up yourself if you don't believe it.

I misunderstood,

Purchase Price 5,800 USD
Total Mods 59
Total Spent 7,260 USD

i though you where saying it has 6,000 in aftermarket stuff. i just misunderstood.

hornetgod13
06-27-2008, 09:29 PM
I misunderstood,

Purchase Price 5,800 USD
Total Mods 59
Total Spent 7,260 USD

i though you where saying it has 6,000 in aftermarket stuff. i just misunderstood.

Check again. It IS $7,260 in aftermarket parts. I bought the quad new back in 06' for $5,800

Scroll to the bottom of the page. All the prices are listed.

DementeD
06-27-2008, 10:31 PM
eyes flawed? hardly.. ur bike is ugly to me thats that..
sry u spent all that money and didnt impress everyone..
and boasting about your money spent..wow..
must not have anything else to boast about huh

oh and ill admit my bike is ugly too me..but as said..i dont plan to change that any time soon i have other things on my agenda first..
sry cant go for qotm

hornetgod13
06-27-2008, 11:13 PM
eyes flawed? hardly.. ur bike is ugly to me thats that..
sry u spent all that money and didnt impress everyone..
and boasting about your money spent..wow..
must not have anything else to boast about huh

oh and ill admit my bike is ugly too me..but as said..i dont plan to change that any time soon i have other things on my agenda first..
sry cant go for qotm

I'm happy with how it looks and performs. I'm not concerned with what you like or dislike. I wasn't boasting. You stated that I had spent 4 grand on an ugly quad and I corrected your estimate and another person questioned the amount. I provided proof.

jesseweaver
06-27-2008, 11:29 PM
lol owned...

definatley one of the sickest quads around. cant win QOTM with an ugly quad.... DementedD throw up some pics of your quad and we'll take a vote

my88r
06-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Check again. It IS $7,260 in aftermarket parts. I bought the quad new back in 06' for $5,800

Scroll to the bottom of the page. All the prices are listed.

so,its a 13,060 quad.

im not trying to be a ***. just trying to figure out the numbers.

DementeD
06-28-2008, 12:39 AM
lol owned...

definatley one of the sickest quads around. cant win QOTM with an ugly quad.... DementedD throw up some pics of your quad and we'll take a vote

wow ur just retarded...
go back n reread what i posted..
ok?

and i said its my opinion i think its ugly..thats it..
if he likes it great...
Wheelie has a beautiful quad imo...clean simple..i love it
like i said..i dont like graphics on a quad...i dont like those rims AT ALL other then that he just has some bolt ons...nothing to OH and AH about imo..
i just dont think its great taste..
i see guys on here with quads that are 3/4 different colors on them..i dont like that either..thats just my taste..i really dont care if u think otherwise or dont like my taste...

the only reason i posted in here was because how he acted towards another member..

now if u wanna compare my quad vs his i mean..really thats ok we can do that..i know what everyone will vote..i said my quads not perty..
i bought it used and havent added one thing to it other then the advance timing key..
anything else u want to compare??
my computer is bad ***..something i take pride in..
my crx was very fast..ugly but fast as ****
took pride in that(well just the motor)
i play day of defeat: source if u wanna scrim??

oh and hornet...i was just throwing out a number of atleast how much u have into ur quad...
anyway...im done with the subject..ignorant people can respond and give ur lil .02

fact still remains..i think i have good taste..and i dont like his quad..
and i have no respect for him insulting another member..atleast until he apologizes..

my88r
06-28-2008, 12:55 AM
^:rolleyes:

hornetgod13
06-28-2008, 01:03 AM
i have no respect for him insulting another member..atleast until he apologizes..

You are hilarious! Apologize....Not going to happen. I don't give 2 cents if you respect me or not. It was my opinion and I stand by it. Read all of the kid's posts and you see exactally what I mean.

blankenship
06-28-2008, 01:06 AM
i wouldnt worrie about it hornetgod13 opinions are like *******s everyone has one lol some are good and some stink i like ur quad good work

Hondamaster5505
06-28-2008, 06:22 AM
All of you are fighting like children...:grr:

First of all, so what if someone made an insult towards him. Thats life, get over it. No one goes through life perfect, and everyone has flaws. If no one ever criticzed anyone, then things just wouldn't be right.. There are good and bad in everyone, and show me one person that is 100% good.

As far as Brauap, he means no harm. He has good intentions, and never want's to pick fights with people. But, like I said, everyone has FLAWS. He just happened to post a lot of stupid threads. As he became more aware of the site, he stopped posting as much.

And your quads? All of you have to get over it. What you like is what you like. If you like to rub feces on your quad, and bend stuff, whatever makes you happy. As long as you like it.

I don't understand people these days, I really don't. People used to always ride together, no matter what each person rode. These days everything's about looks. God forbid someones quad doesn't have a lot of money in it..

I for one like Hornetgods quad. Thats my OPINION. If I can do that much stuff to mine, I would in a heartbeat. But I'm not going to die over it if I don't. Im happy with my 400ex the way it is, and whatever I invested in it that I could.

I know I'm immature at times, but my god people. Get a hold of yourselves...

hornetgod13
06-28-2008, 09:08 AM
All of you are fighting like children...:grr:

First of all, so what if someone made an insult towards him. Thats life, get over it. No one goes through life perfect, and everyone has flaws. If no one ever criticzed anyone, then things just wouldn't be right.. There are good and bad in everyone, and show me one person that is 100% good.

As far as Brauap, he means no harm. He has good intentions, and never want's to pick fights with people. But, like I said, everyone has FLAWS. He just happened to post a lot of stupid threads. As he became more aware of the site, he stopped posting as much.

And your quads? All of you have to get over it. What you like is what you like. If you like to rub feces on your quad, and bend stuff, whatever makes you happy. As long as you like it.

I don't understand people these days, I really don't. People used to always ride together, no matter what each person rode. These days everything's about looks. God forbid someones quad doesn't have a lot of money in it..

I for one like Hornetgods quad. Thats my OPINION. If I can do that much stuff to mine, I would in a heartbeat. But I'm not going to die over it if I don't. Im happy with my 400ex the way it is, and whatever I invested in it that I could.

I know I'm immature at times, but my god people. Get a hold of yourselves...

Well put! I've said what I had to say and I'm done with this thread.

UNBROKEN
06-28-2008, 09:34 AM
i also agree with hondamaster , but wut i cant see is y braupp posted alot of the dumb threads he did and im not pickin on him, i mean hes not a newbie on this site so idk, yeah that flamed seat cover looked cheap lol everyones entiled to there opinion i guess he relized that and took it off , but everyone likes to mod there quads in there own way i like the sleeper look, like mine its all stock lookin but has motor mods to make it perform better, stickers and graphics are a waste of money to me because when i go serious trail ridin they will get all tore up and all they do is look nice , but no need to flame on someone just becuse he likes diffrent things then u do...

Brauap
06-30-2008, 09:00 PM
wow ur just retarded...
go back n reread what i posted..
ok?

and i said its my opinion i think its ugly..thats it..
if he likes it great...
Wheelie has a beautiful quad imo...clean simple..i love it
like i said..i dont like graphics on a quad...i dont like those rims AT ALL other then that he just has some bolt ons...nothing to OH and AH about imo..
i just dont think its great taste..
i see guys on here with quads that are 3/4 different colors on them..i dont like that either..thats just my taste..i really dont care if u think otherwise or dont like my taste...

the only reason i posted in here was because how he acted towards another member..

now if u wanna compare my quad vs his i mean..really thats ok we can do that..i know what everyone will vote..i said my quads not perty..
i bought it used and havent added one thing to it other then the advance timing key..
anything else u want to compare??
my computer is bad ***..something i take pride in..
my crx was very fast..ugly but fast as ****
took pride in that(well just the motor)
i play day of defeat: source if u wanna scrim??

oh and hornet...i was just throwing out a number of atleast how much u have into ur quad...
anyway...im done with the subject..ignorant people can respond and give ur lil .02

fact still remains..i think i have good taste..and i dont like his quad..
and i have no respect for him insulting another member..atleast until he apologizes..

X2 but I wouldn't say its UGLY, its "just not my taste."

Brauap
06-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Oh and to just clear it up. The reason I posted soo many threads was because I was new to the sport quad world, and I wanted to learn. I wanted to acheive as much knoledge as possible because I love to learn. And then I figured out how to use the search, but when that doesn't help, I ask a question.

I want to appolgize for how annoying I was (and still am (to some of you))

I also want to appoligize for how I acted earlier on this thread. It was very immature.

Could you all please give me a new beging?

leasureryan
06-30-2008, 09:41 PM
OMG!!!

Like....this thread is like soooooo yesterday.......loolllool

+1

quit whining and meet me at Waynes national forest on Sunday!

Everybody come!

big_poppa49
07-01-2008, 07:16 AM
As for looks, PLZ loose those tacky yellow grips! get a front bumper. And since you got nerfs, loose the black plastic behind it. Get a new seat cover. re-locate the lights, and the hood, eh, I would just get another one or paint that one.

I do know one thing that does look good in the picture, and that is that Grill in the background....:D

Hondamaster5505
07-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Oh and to just clear it up. The reason I posted soo many threads was because I was new to the sport quad world, and I wanted to learn. I wanted to acheive as much knoledge as possible because I love to learn. And then I figured out how to use the search, but when that doesn't help, I ask a question.

I want to appolgize for how annoying I was (and still am (to some of you))

I also want to appoligize for how I acted earlier on this thread. It was very immature.

Could you all please give me a new beging?

Well first of all, welcome to the forums!:p lol.

im good. it seems like youve learned a little more on how this site works. and holy chit i just realized i have 27** posts!:eek2:

my88r
07-01-2008, 01:02 PM
holy chit i just realized i have 27** posts!:eek2:

check my post count:D

powermadd400ex
07-01-2008, 01:21 PM
psshh! show off

Hondamaster5505
07-01-2008, 03:15 PM
hahahaha

Brauap
07-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by big_poppa49
As for looks, PLZ loose those tacky yellow grips! get a front bumper. And since you got nerfs, loose the black plastic behind it. Get a new seat cover. re-locate the lights, and the hood, eh, I would just get another one or paint that one.

I do know one thing that does look good in the picture, and that is that Grill in the background....:D

Took lights off (relocated on h-bars for night taken off durning day) Got new grips, getting a seat cover, got new hood (nice) and I have no bumper.. I like the way it looks

hondarider101
07-01-2008, 09:11 PM
any new picS?

Honda#4
07-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Yea lets see it now

my88r
07-02-2008, 12:53 PM
I WANNA SEE THE PICS:)

Brauap
07-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Well, its over my aunts for the 4th of july weekend.. and once I get the new cover, I will be more than happy to. You guys where right.. that seat was cheep, its tearing after almost exactly 1 year of use. I am thinking about getting an FX Gripper

BigBore24
07-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Well, its over my aunts for the 4th of july weekend.. and once I get the new cover, I will be more than happy to. You guys where right.. that seat was cheep, its tearing after almost exactly 1 year of use. I am thinking about getting an FX Gripper

i commend you for being a very forgiving guy. some people said some pretty ugly things about you and your still posting.....admirable

tri5ron
07-02-2008, 07:39 PM
i commend you for being a very forgiving guy. some people said some pretty ugly things about you and your still posting.....admirable

X2,
and BTW Brauap,...

Your O.K. in my book,
we're cool.

Brauap
07-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Thank you guys. It means alot, even though its just an online forum.

alex10
07-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Pics please

my88r
07-02-2008, 09:56 PM
its just an online forum.

:ermm:

Brauap
07-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Hey guys.. there won't be any pictures for a long time. I when I was over my aunts house (jumping) I broke off my fenders.. don't ask me how, because I don't even know how. So, I am going to buy new plastics front and back, and I think I am going to go back to the stock plastic... full fenders with headlights... I miss that.

Brauap
07-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Hey guys.. there won't be any pictures for a long time. I when I was over my aunts house (jumping) I broke off my fenders.. don't ask me how, because I don't even know how. So, I am going to buy new plastics front and back, and I think I am going to go back to the stock plastic... full fenders with headlights... I miss that.

Hondamaster5505
07-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Hey brauap.

You should look around for some black or yellow 05 style plastic.

Or if you like the old style better, some yellow ones with akraix graphics.

It'd look sick;) I never like the aftermarket hood look on the 400ex, I just despise it for some reason. And I absolutely HATE cut fenders..

But, i like the stock front look of the 99-04 and 05-07

Whatever you like better though.

Pipeless416
07-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey brauap.

You should look around for some black or yellow 05 style plastic.

Or if you like the old style better, some yellow ones with akraix graphics.

It'd look sick;) I never like the aftermarket hood look on the 400ex, I just despise it for some reason. And I absolutely HATE cut fenders..

But, i like the stock front look of the 99-04 and 05-07

Whatever you like better though.

you must hate mine :devil:

Ruby Soho
07-06-2008, 07:56 PM
i love pipeless's EX.

i was gonna have that front end, and hood, and axle.

but i decided to loose 2 wheels:p

NickG5755
07-06-2008, 07:59 PM
yooo... throw a bumper on that beast and id love it

i really liek simple clean quads..

Hondamaster5505
07-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
you must hate mine :devil:

Actually, yours kinda pulls it off alright along with the rest of your quad.

I still prefer the stock front ends, but there are a few exceptions of when I think hoods/shaved fenders look good.

"i really liek simple clean quads.."

I second that. I like a little bit of flash but not too overdone. Like when everything on the quad is chrome, for some reason it's just un appealing to me.

rid3r3d33
07-08-2008, 03:16 PM
looks pretty good. i would have to agree with the wiping down but other than that nice.

alex10
07-09-2008, 09:58 AM
pics pics pics

Brauap
07-09-2008, 10:16 AM
I can't. Unless you want to see my destroyed quad....

I am planning on a FULL rebuild that will take about 1 1/2+ years

alex10
07-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Let's see it destroyed.

Brauap
07-09-2008, 10:21 AM
okay. Once I get it back home I will take pictures for you guys, or maybe a before walk around.. I should get it home today..

alex10
07-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Ok, how did you wreck it so bad?

Brauap
07-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Just by jumping..:rolleyes:

cracked off my rear fenders, cracked my skid plate, ruined my exhaust, trashed my bearings and bushings :mad:

big_poppa49
07-09-2008, 12:11 PM
check my post count:D

Then I suggest you guys start going riding instead of spending all day on message boards...:D

j/p man, its all in good fun man. I have been on here for a long time, long before you guys even knew it existed. Back when it was called "EXRiders.com" and not even real popular. But I just get on every now and then to ask a few questions and see whats going on. ;)

BTW, this is my 2nd s/n name, I had one before, but I created a new one due to the reputation of my old one, hehe, I would say but,.....nah I better not. Wasn't me but it was other people nagging on me...:ermm:

my88r
07-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by big_poppa49
Then I suggest you guys start going riding instead of spending all day on message boards...:D

j/p man, its all in good fun man. I have been on here for a long time, long before you guys even knew it existed. Back when it was called "EXRiders.com" and not even real popular. But I just get on every now and then to ask a few questions and see whats going on. ;)

BTW, this is my 2nd s/n name, I had one before, but I created a new one due to the reputation of my old one, hehe, I would say but,.....nah I better not. Wasn't me but it was other people nagging on me...:ermm:

i know it existed way back and we all know it was called ex riders. i go riding all the time. :rolleyes:

Hondamaster5505
07-09-2008, 01:00 PM
i know it existed way back and we all know it was called ex riders. i go riding all the time. :rolleyes:

hell, i still call it exriders.

when i go to get to my usercp, i just type in www.exriders.com/vbb/usercp.php

alex10
07-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Why does it take more than a year to replace bushings bearings and rebuild an engine. And get new plastic?

Brauap
07-09-2008, 01:33 PM
haha.. well I am a poor 13 y/o.

I am planning for Hiper wheels, Elbrock Carb... Flexx bars... And I need to save up for all my own stuff.. I may get some smal stuff for my b-day and x-mass, but either than that I am on my own.

Here is my list soo far:

Chassis | Suspension | Controls:

Frame: Stock PC ???
A Arms: ??
Swingarm: ??
Steering Stem: ??
Stbilizer: ??
Axle: Lonestar Axcalibur
Carrier: ??
Locknut: Lonestar Anti Fade Brake Hub
Hubs F|R: ??
Bars: Fasst Flexx
Throttle/Clutch Lever: ASV
Grips: ??
Nerfs: Pro Armor Race Peg (Black
Bumper: Pro Armor Bull Horn (Black)
Grab Bar: ??
Front Shocks: ??
Rear Shock: ??
Brake Lines: Galpher Steel Braided Lines
Rotors F|R: Galpher Wave Rotors
Rims F|R: Hiper
Tires F|R: Maxxis Razr2|Maxxis Razr 6-Ply

Body:

Plastic: Maier Stock Red
Graphics|Seat Cover: ??|??
Number Backgrounds: ??
Handguards: Tusk D-Flex w/ D-Flex Spoilers
Bar Pad: Red Fasst Flexx
Fuel Tank: ??

Engine|Drive System:

Cylinder|Head: ??|??
Bore & Stroke: ??|??
Displacement: 416cc
Cam: Hotcams Sg. 1
Carburetor: Edelbrock Qwiksilver
Air Filter|Box: Uni|Stock
Pipe|Silencer: FMF Powerbomb|Lexx Slip On
Clutch|Plates: ??|??
Gearing F|R: 15|38
CDI|Killswitch: Stock|Pro Armor Pro Series
Cooling: Spal 4" fan|Oversized Oil Tank|CBR1100 Oil Cooler
Other:

BigBore24
07-09-2008, 03:11 PM

lol me too

07-09-2008, 03:50 PM

same here lol the URL I use for the forums, www.exriders.com/vbb/ I remember when it was just exriders I made an account but never went on lol I was younger and wasnt mod my quad crazy and I hardly knew anything about a motor. Oh how that has changed lol

Hondamaster5505
07-09-2008, 03:57 PM
my god anyone who knew me as a kid would never recognize me.

When I was 5, my dad bought me a go-kart and surprised me with it on my birthday. I actually started crying because I was afraid of it. I feel so bad these days because of that. he went out of his way to buy it, lol.

then when i was 6, my sister bought a atc110 for herself. Whenever my dad would start it up, i would be afraid and run into the basement. When I turned 7, somehow he talked me into riding it and I fell in love. It basically became mine because my sis just couldnt care less anymore and turned into a girly girl.

Been riding since, and to intrest me it MUST have an engine, haha. I can explain exactly in technical details how a two-stroke works, and name everything in a four-stroke engine.

My have times changed since I was younger...:eek:

trx400EXtreme
07-09-2008, 04:01 PM
i was the same way when i was young. when i was 6 my dad borrowed a friends pw50 with training wheels, and i couldnt do enough to get away from that monster lol. that little thing scared the living **** out of me. the next year i got a crf70 and you couldnt keep me off it.

Brauap
07-09-2008, 04:57 PM
HondaMaster5505 why the basement? haha I am still afraid of my basement.. :blah:

I have always loved the sound of loud engines ever since I first rode my Mom's 250 Polaris X-Plorer when I was 3. Have been obsesed with the sport since.

Hondamaster5505
07-09-2008, 04:59 PM
HondaMaster5505 why the basement? haha I am still afraid of my basement.. :blah:

I have always loved the sound of loud engines ever since I first rode my Mom's 250 Polaris X-Plorer when I was 3. Have been obsesed with the sport since.

lol, idk. When he started it, there was nowhere else to run and the basement door was right there, lmao.

my88r
07-09-2008, 05:03 PM
my god anyone who knew me as a kid would never recognize me.

When I was 5, my dad bought me a go-kart and surprised me with it on my birthday. I actually started crying because I was afraid of it. I feel so bad these days because of that. he went out of his way to buy it, lol.

then when i was 6, my sister bought a atc110 for herself. Whenever my dad would start it up, i would be afraid and run into the basement. When I turned 7, somehow he talked me into riding it and I fell in love. It basically became mine because my sis just couldnt care less anymore and turned into a girly girl.

Been riding since, and to interest me it MUST have an engine, haha. I can explain exactly in technical details how a two-stroke works, and name everything in a four-stroke engine.

My have times changed since I was younger...:eek:

master was a little girl when he was young:devil:

i think we all said and done stupid stuff when your younger. times change when you hit 7th grade.

but Ive got a lot wiser :cool:

Brauap
07-09-2008, 05:12 PM
What does everyone think about my list of mods? I need help on all of the ones with ??
Also I don't know if I should get a Lexx S/O with a PowerBomb or Lexx S/O with an FMF Hi-Flo headers? The Hi-Flo headers seem better to me but I am not sure..

I am planning to race XC once I am finshed with this build.

Frame: PC Black? Gloss? Flat?
A Arms: ??
Swingarm: ??
Steering Stem: ??
Stbilizer: ??
Grips: ??
Front Shocks: ??
Rear Shock: ??

Body:

Graphics|Seat Cover: ??|??
Number Backgrounds: ??

Engine|Drive System:

Cylinder|Head: ??|??
Cooling: Spal 4" fan|Oversized Oil Tank|CBR1100 Oil Cooler|Air Scoop
Other:

07-09-2008, 05:16 PM
me on the other hand grew up around motor heads and stuff lol All my uncles had fast loud cars, they had quads, 3 wheelers. Heck my mom just found a picture of me when i was 3 riding my Suzuki powerwheels lol Everyone in my family is a motorhead or quad owner its great

Brauap
07-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Here is a picture of myself when I was 5.. See that jump? It was 2x larger and less than a month later it was completely _____

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/Colton_4_wheeler.jpg

Hondamaster5505
07-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
me on the other hand grew up around motor heads and stuff lol All my uncles had fast loud cars, they had quads, 3 wheelers. Heck my mom just found a picture of me when i was 3 riding my Suzuki powerwheels lol Everyone in my family is a motorhead or quad owner its great

my dad, grandpa, uncle, are all motorheads. same with his friends. It was just something when I was younger that just scared the living chit outta me, haha.

When i was 4-5 i loved my powerwheels jeep. I was always driving it.

Brauap, thats awesome you actually have a pic of you riding when you were that young.

powermadd400ex
07-09-2008, 07:59 PM
when i was 4 my dad bought me a go cart with a fiberglass BIGFOOT body (bigfoot is a monster truck. i LOVED monster trucks and still do but bigfoot was my favorite). it was AWESOME. i loved that thing. but it only had a 5hp briggs and straton motor in it. after i turned 8 or 9 it couldnt carry me nemore. so we had to sell it :(
and when i was 7 or 8 i got a ttr90 for my christmas present. i loved it but when my dad started her up i was scared as hell XDDD
when i turned 10 i started to grow into it i guess. i got used to fallin down and scrapin my knees.
my family is REDNECK. half my family is in alabama the other is in kentucky. we all have quads. my uncle has a mustang cobra. my other uncle had a chevelle. i was raised around engines and loud exhausts. i wouldnt have it neother way :)

01exrider 281
07-09-2008, 08:28 PM

yea my grandpa and grandma used to own action motorsport in the 80's and early 90's. that was the first place i went after i left the hospitol. i remember riding my little power wheels suzuki at 1.5 years old. and at 2.5 i started to ride my LT50. again as most of you guys said my family was always into bikes, quads, and cars.

01exrider 281
07-09-2008, 08:35 PM
mine have "" around them

Frame: PC Black? Gloss? Flat?
A Arms: "stock or maybe +1's"
Swingarm: "stock"
Steering Stem: "burgard +1"
Stbilizer: "W.E.R"
Grips: "what ever feels comfortable to you, pro taper pillow tops are nice tho"
Front Shocks: "450 revalved , and resprung to your specs"
Rear Shock: "stock, revalved , and resprung to your specs"

Body:

Graphics|Seat Cover: " what you like, custom to make them "yours"
Number Backgrounds: "custom"

Engine|Drive System:

Cylinder|Head: "port polish"
Cooling: Spal 4" fan|Oversized Oil Tank|CBR1100 Oil Cooler|Air Scoop
Other:

jesseweaver
07-09-2008, 08:52 PM
you'll like the 416, they really buzz compared to stock. and 450r take offs are probably the best thing you could get. for trails and xc racing id say right now for you 450r shocks would be the biggest help, then maybe get some good tires, then go to engine, 416 pipe filter etc...

just thought of this too, maybe some tire balls? save a lot of flats.... uve never used them though and never talked personally to anyone who did, but i've heard good things. they wont be too nice on the piggy bank though...

Brauap
07-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks aton!

Also, what color cheme should I do? I was thinking red and black but then again.. that very common. I want something that you could look at and say, Up! That's Brauaps! Just like how you can point out HornetGod's or RepoMan's

Hondamaster5505
07-09-2008, 08:56 PM
you'll like the 416, they really buzz compared to stock. and 450r take offs are probably the best thing you could get. for trails and xc racing id say right now for you 450r shocks would be the biggest help, then maybe get some good tires, then go to engine, 416 pipe filter etc...

just thought of this too, maybe some tire balls? save a lot of flats.... uve never used them though and never talked personally to anyone who did, but i've heard good things. they wont be too nice on the piggy bank though...

pool noodles:D

There was a thread about it somewhere.

There not as good as tireballs, but will last a long time. If you get a flat, you don't even know it until you look at the tire. so if you get a flat, it won't spoil your day. ride it back to camp and plug it.

Hondamaster5505
07-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks aton Jesse!

Also, what color cheme should I do? I was thinking red and black but then again.. that very common. I want something that you could look at and say, Up! That's Brauaps! Just like how you can point out HornetGod's or RepoMan's

orange/black

green/black

blue/white (white plastics with blue frame looks hot:devil: )

red/white

black/white

I like so many, lol.

I can photoshop some scheme's for ya. just give me a good pic and tell me what you wanna see.

Brauap
07-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Tire Balls???

Hondamaster5505
07-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Tire Balls???

little air-filled balls that go in your tire. You don't need to put air in your tire then.

Basically, if one gets busted from a nail or something, the rest won't be affected and you can't tell the difference.

pool noodles work too and are a lot cheaper:D

Brauap
07-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Wouldn't that be a pain to put in though??

Hondamaster5505
07-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Wouldn't that be a pain to put in though??

i wouldnt think so? idk. but i cant afford em, lol.

Brauap
07-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Where do you find them? I think I may try the Pool Noodle idea when I reasseble forever from now haha

jesseweaver
07-09-2008, 09:13 PM
yea i dont know much about them like how to put them in or anything, i just know a lot of xc guys use them and then a flat wont ruin your day. but you should be good with 6 plys.

colors...

all black can be nice if its done right.

i also like white plastics with blue frame but then people think yamaha=no good

i see a lot more black and white around now too and i like it. maybe you could switch it up. instead of white plastics and black frame arms swinger, etc... you could go black plastics and try to paint some engine stuff black and go with white a arms frame swingarm steering stem and white hubs on black rims. no idea if that would look nice or not, just came off the top of my head.

Brauap
07-09-2008, 09:13 PM
I know what quad I LOVE! I am just trying to find the picture. It is in the I LOVE THIS SECTION thread I am on page 4 out of 30 :scary:

jesseweaver
07-09-2008, 09:14 PM
and another color that looks good is blue plastics with an orange frame and stuff. i remember seeing one on here like that it was real nice.

Brauap
07-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I don't really want black plastic for a couple reasons. But I love how they look! If I flip it, and there will be huge white marks where it was stretched and scratches will be real noticible

Brauap
07-09-2008, 09:18 PM
and another color that looks good is blue plastics with an orange frame and stuff. i remember seeing one on here like that it was real nice.

Could you please try to find it? Perdy Please?:chinese:

Gatekeeper
07-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Cant remember where it was, but one guy on here had white 250r plastic with the red/blue graphics. I think that combo with a red or blue frame would be dasht

Hondamaster5505
07-09-2008, 09:29 PM
250r style.

yours would be such a one-off everyone would know who's it is..

Brauap
07-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Do you guys like this?

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/WHITEgreen.jpg

Brauap
07-09-2008, 09:34 PM
HondaMaster5505 Could you please PS Hiper's with black rings on that white/green EX I posted please?

Hondamaster5505
07-09-2008, 09:36 PM
HondaMaster5505 Could you please PS Hiper's with black rings on that white/green EX I posted please?

ehh, thats something I can't do. Never learned how to actually add stuff to a quad, just change colors really good.

Brauap
07-09-2008, 09:47 PM
okedokie!

Could you please put this color frame on the bike with the white plastic I posted? I really like this color blue!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/rebuilda.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/rebuilde.jpg

Brauap
07-09-2008, 09:50 PM
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/rebuild1.jpg

Hondamaster5505
07-09-2008, 09:51 PM
ill try to do it tomorow. its almost 12:00 and im beat.

night guys:o

Brauap
07-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks! Good Night. I otta be going to bed tomarrow to. Once I wake up I gotta go to the docs again and get blood work.. :grr:

jasonex
07-10-2008, 08:38 AM
dont like the head lights and the engen and fram ar really dirty.
spray it with simple green then wash it of and it will look nice

Brauap
07-10-2008, 10:02 AM
:mad: :grr: :scary: We are done talking about my quad!! :scary::grr: :mad:

magnum5225
07-10-2008, 04:26 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha this is the funniest, longest, most entertaining and dramatic thread i have ever read! lol this is just funny so i decided to make a post so i can be in the most epic thread around!!!

Brauap
07-10-2008, 09:01 PM
haha

Brauap
07-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Does anyone have an idea on a color scheme? I was thinking white plastics/dark red frame?

01exrider 281
07-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Ok. go with white plastics, orange, white a-arms, swinger arm, and other little parts, a sweet set of graphics and a black gripper seet cover. get a little bit of orange into the graphics. maybe black wheels. if you did hipers, orange rings. and black nerfs.

Hondamaster5505
07-10-2008, 09:32 PM
sorry i didnt get the photoshop done today brauap. I was at my dads shop all day and he doesnt have photoshop. I just got home.

Im gonna be here all day tomorow, so ill play around with schemes for ya.

Brauap
07-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Notta problem bud! Do you think this would look cool?

Go on here and just look. Like at the colors and locations.. Like what about Black Frame.. Orange fins flat black cases orange plastic? i dunno.. It has some cool pics tho.. here: http://www.jmccoatings.com/gallery.html

Hondamaster5505
07-10-2008, 09:47 PM
I think a chromed engine with black fins, would be so trick! And maybe black side cases.

I really don't know. I like so many different scheme's I wouldn't be able to choose for my own quad.

I keep changing my mind on what scheme i want on my shee, lol.

Hondamaster5505
07-11-2008, 02:28 PM
:D :devil:

Hondamaster5505
07-11-2008, 02:37 PM
race cuts :devil:

Hondamaster5505
07-11-2008, 02:47 PM
black rims:D

Hondamaster5505
07-11-2008, 02:52 PM
so it looks less choppy, I re-did the seat and front cuts.

Brauap
07-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks ATON! LOOKS AWESOME!

Hondamaster5505
07-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks ATON! LOOKS AWESOME!

thanks!

That was my first try at making race cuts on photoshop. For a first try, i dont think it came out that bad if I say so myself:D

klutch
07-12-2008, 10:40 PM
I already have the exact look i want for my 450 now i just need the cash to buy the plastics and parts lol ^.^

T_bling11
07-13-2008, 02:02 PM
take of lights and put itps rims with razr fronts

07-13-2008, 02:06 PM
man i wish I could photoshop because i wanted to see my quad with cut fenders before i touch it lol

Hondamaster5505
07-13-2008, 02:19 PM
man i wish I could photoshop because i wanted to see my quad with cut fenders before i touch it lol

Post a pic of your quad at the same angle (preferably around grass like the one pictured, because its easier to make the cuts) and id be glad to give it a shot.

klutch
07-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Eric i have a request!!! White plastics red hood and red a arms pls :D

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg249/666_HondaTRX/Picture011-3.jpg

07-13-2008, 02:42 PM
well here is how I wanted to cut them cutting the bottom off. do you need them without the black part because thats the part i want taken off.

Hondamaster5505
07-13-2008, 04:18 PM
damian, ill do yours soon.

fox, The way the quad sits, it makes it kinda hard. To make the fenders go away, you need to use the clone stamp tool to copy what should be there and clone it. With your pictures, too many colors and objects there to clone so it would come out like crap, being I dont know whats behind there in the first place.

Hondamaster5505
07-13-2008, 04:55 PM
...:cool:

07-13-2008, 05:11 PM
damian, ill do yours soon.

fox, The way the quad sits, it makes it kinda hard. To make the fenders go away, you need to use the clone stamp tool to copy what should be there and clone it. With your pictures, too many colors and objects there to clone so it would come out like crap, being I dont know whats behind there in the first place.

so how should i take a picture of my quad what angle and everything so you can do it? I have other pictures from other angles I just made a thread to show you if any other ill help you.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3298752#post3298752

klutch
07-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks Eric :) , I plan on doing that but with red and black east coast atv graphics, and red number plates with white numbers :D

Hondamaster5505
07-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by klutch
Thanks Eric :) , I plan on doing that but with red and black east coast atv graphics, and red number plates with white numbers :D

that would look awesome!

I always wanted to make my 400ex white, with blingstar graphics. The black ones, where basically it just says blingstar a bunch of times.

:devil: