PDA

View Full Version : Cobra's at WORCS

yfz450bb07
03-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Ok here is my question? We are looking at getting my son a cobra in the next couple of weeks, and running the last 5 worcs rounds. Now we are getting him the 50 so he will run in the 51-70 mod and open class's. Has anyone else ran the 50 in those class's and has everything held up for the full 30min??

Any help would be appreciated!!!

raidernut
03-03-2008, 10:16 PM
I believe the promoter is making the 51-70 mod class a cvt only class in the near future, maybe after 4th round i think. The auto cobra clutches do not seem to hold up under these type of racing conditions. a couple have tried, but burnt out clutches. the races are long, and on very rough tracks. The auto cobra clutches are meant for mx racing i believe.

yfz450bb07
03-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Raidernut your just the one i wanted to respond to this, why is that? ( mod class ) Is the open on sunday still going to be ok?? We are going to run mx also but really want to run the worcs cause on the west coast that is the best place to get noticed. Doesn't the 50 run in the GNCC?? I checked the results but couldn't find the 50 class's.

raidernut
03-03-2008, 10:46 PM
The mod class was intended to be the same class as the atva series 51-70 mod cvt. Unfortunately the promoter left out the "cvt" in the class description when posting them, and has given a 4 race waiver i believe. I am not positive as far as the open class. I would imagine it would still be ok, but i really dont know. Maybe Mr. Sizemore can chime in he has spoken with the promoter personally about this i believe. Mr. sizemores son Brock is a National Caliber rider, and ran his cobra at round 1 in the Mod class, and suffered tranmission failure i believe. Keep in mind the mod class runs a track that is several miles in length, in addition to the motocross tracks.

yfz450bb07
03-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Boy-o-boy this throws a big wrench into everything..I know the cobra is the way to go for us but with all of our plans being put into the worcs it really makes me think twice.

raidernut
03-03-2008, 11:05 PM
The cobra 70 manual trans bikes have seemed to hold up in the shifter classes ok. You can call WORCS yourself for clarification, i am no expert just relaying what ive heard.

yfz450bb07
03-03-2008, 11:19 PM
The shifter is not an option as Matt just turned 6 last Oct. Who is the best person to contact?? I know your just relaying what you've heard, but heck in these mini class's half of the times we know more than them and it is our job to give them as much knowledge as possible.( at least its that way on the local level here!!)

LT80
03-04-2008, 06:48 AM
I hope your ready for that Cobra.
Obviously your willing to accept the original cost but the aftermarket parts, motor work, and the constant tinkering is something you should look into also.
You will soon have 10k in a 50cc machine.
I know most have "ok" luck with the Cobra. I know a guy that had one for his daughter and it could not finish a race.

The Cobra was made to eliminate the mini parent working on their quad 2 nights a week. Yup, now you have to work 3 nights a week. :P
:D :D

How about a nice DRR for 6-7k less?? :)

TTracer#22
03-04-2008, 07:12 AM
We ran our Cobra at round 1 but had a some people complain so Worcs came to me and told me we could only run the cobra intil round 4 then the rules were going to change to cvt only in both of those classes. The problem ended up being the stator got wet and went out since that race we have ran (2) more grand prix style races 30 mIn moto and have had no problems. you will spend the same amount of money building a new DRR if you build it right. But i'm sure they will complain about those next !!! Mark they complained about us and that was Brock's 1st. MX race you better tell Buddy to slow down a little bit or the complainers will be after you next.. LOL

TTracer#22
03-04-2008, 07:14 AM
YFZ I'm selling one of our Cobra's with any choise of motor auto or shifter from 50 to 80cc if your still interested. Let me know

cwjr
03-04-2008, 07:19 AM
you must be 13 yrs old to race a cobra in GNCC...All cobras are in the super mini class.

TTracer#22
03-04-2008, 07:34 AM
YFZ sent you a pm

dirttrack86
03-04-2008, 08:59 AM
They can complain all they want, you could put Brock on a bicycle and he would still win. He's a very talented rider. :) :D :)

team37
03-04-2008, 09:34 AM
We have run our cobra 50 for two years and that includes winter indoor. Its been run as a 50cc..65cc..and a75cc with one problem in two full years of moto-x and that was a stator and they replaced it for free!! garage time...one night to wash it and check the clutch and one night to polish the aluminium!! what ever clutch you run stock or tomar you have to stay after it......IT is to bad your series is full of cry babys that would rather support a foriegn economy than our own !!but thats how it goes ***** because we have no jobs and import every thing we own and race .......Penalizing AMERICAN built atvs is IDIOTIC!!!!!!Cobra did its homework buit a fast 4wheeler that will advance your child to the next level faster and more safely, than those $10 thousand dollar yard machines......JUST MY OPINION!!

Bubbathegoat
03-04-2008, 03:05 PM
PREACH ON BROTHER! LONG LIVE THE COBRA!

raidernut
03-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by dirttrack86
They can complain all they want, you could put Brock on a bicycle and he would still win. He's a very talented rider. :) :D :)

Brock is a great little rider, and we are glad to have him in the WORCS series. I dont think anyone was crying, it was a worcs official that made the call. The problem is when the classes were made, they were mirrored from the atva nationals. which has a seperate cvt class, and a single speed class. Unfortunately there are not enough of the single speed bikes entering in this type of racing to justify another class. WORCS parents in general are a pretty mellow group, and the promoter is open to making new classes to accomodate any style bikes out there as long as the numbers are there, he just doesnt like to award National Championships to classes with a couple of riders.

team37
03-04-2008, 06:59 PM
The crying started two years ago that is why atva split them to begin with!!those same people are still buildig $7 to $10 grand beltdrives and using $$$$ as the reason to split them. If the numbers are not there to split them, Cobras should not have to step down, the rest should have to step up!!Run them all tiawanese...chinese....japanese....and even atvs built in the USA!!! Thats racing!! Again this is just my opinion!!No offence to anybody any racing series or any forein country!!!

yfz450bb07
03-04-2008, 07:18 PM
If the rules are going to change fine....BUT NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF A SERIES!!!! How can that happen??? At the atva there are two 50 class's, 4-6 limited stock ( no cobra's ) 6-8 50 mod ( cobra's allowed ) now the only difference is the worcs doesn't have a 50 mod class, so it has to run in the 51-70 class which is the first mod class??? I also want matt to run with the most competition but i don't think he should be punished for him getting a cobra.. He was told if he performed at a certain level he could get a cobra when he was 7, well he way overachieved and was getting one now. But now I have to tell him sorry buddy you can't run that bike in the race's we planned on hitting???? Is that fair??

As far as the cost......If you build a DRR the right way, you'll have just as much into and get half as much out of it!!!! Ask anyone who built a kasea with all the goodies, at the time that they were the only bike to have, and ask them how much they got out of it??

raidernut
03-04-2008, 07:23 PM
[i] those $10 thousand dollar yard machines......JUST MY OPINION!! [/B]

I personally dont care if they run the cobra auto in the cvt class or not, as my rider on his "10 thousand dollar yard machine" as you call it has already proven itself against the cobras in the past. But i am not a race promoter, but i do know enough that the promoters will cater to the majority, and unfortunately in this series it is the full gates of cvt classes. I dont believe he is denying them to run, just in another class. i dont know how this post turned into a cobra vs cvt war anyhow, just trying to anwer a mans legitimate question.

raidernut
03-04-2008, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by yfz450bb07
[B]If the rules are going to change fine....BUT NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF A SERIES!!!! How can that happen???

I dont believe they are changing the rules, just enforcing them how they originally intended it to be posted, excactly as the atva class #13 i believe, 51-70 cvt belt drive.

raidernut
03-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Ok guys i went out on a limb for you. I have a pretty good rapport with the WORCS promoter, and just got off the phone with him. I got him to ease the rules a bit for you cobra guys. He is going to allow the auto cobra to run in any open class, 50-70 open against the other cvts on sunday. He is not going to allow the auto cobras in the two classes that say mod, 51-70 auto , and 90 mod auto. You can still run the cobra both days, either in the shifter open class on saturday, or any other open class, and on sunday you can run vs the 50-70 cvts in the open. I think this is a good compromise, and not alot of promoters would of even done this. I think he is being very flexible considering we are only talking about a couple of bikes. The changes will be posted online tonight. Please take this as it is, as those of us involved in worcs for some time, feel very fortunate to have a guy that will work with us, and it only takes one to ruin that.

Hope this works for your boy yfz450

team37
03-04-2008, 08:07 PM
So if you are beating the cobras with your $10 thousand dollar yard machine why on earth are they getting split up!and i dont dought that you are and that is my point. why are the cobras getting penalized this way all across the country. In our series here they wanted us to run our 50cc cobra in the 90cc mod class!!with all the cr JB mods.And if the majority was not crying your class would not be called cvt . it would be 90 auto..70 auto or what ever .not cvt only.with what they are building for cvts today they should not be split . the apex comes with 10 and10 for travel .why does it not have its own class.thats more than a cobra has!!THEY SHOULD NOT BE SPLIT!!

raidernut
03-04-2008, 08:17 PM
if you read the post entirely He is letting them run with the cvts in all but one class, because he wants to at least keep one class consistent with the other major national series. Show me another promoter that would do this. I am not the promoter, and dont care who my kid beats and doesnt beat, and dont care what they ride. We do this for fun, and friendship, and i am merely trying to help a couple of guys out so their kids can run the series on whatever bike they choose.

team37
03-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Thats what im talking about!!you would have to put in the 90 mod shifter class on your drr, against some of the fastest kids in this country to feel my pain....

howmuchnow
03-04-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm with ya 37. We have to run are 50 in the 70 class in are state series. Pisses them off when they get beat by a quad down 20cc and almost half the cost of a national ready cvt.

TTracer#22
03-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Sorry Mark I didn't mean to start the war just stating what I was told from the promoter of WORCS. Just for the record it wouldn't matter what bike Buddy rides he would be up front he has a talent you can't teach he is a natural racer and if you ever decited to take him to the east coast to a national i'm sure he would be in the same place he is at the worcs races up front.

Just my 2 cents

Full Throttle00
03-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Guess some others can't appreciate help & still just don't get it.

Raidernut, thanks for your help on this. Wish we could get to more WORCS this year. AJ is counting the days down & can't wait till WORCS comes & play with all his friends he has made.

We too are in this for fun, meeting you guys and having our kids be soo competative on the track & then friends off the track is the best feeling a father could have watching their children grow up respecting eachother and not let politics from a few sour apples mess it up. That's what it's all about.

YFZ, awesome to see Matthew has achieved his goal. Glad to see you broke the bank!!! I'd have to sell all my cvt and get $ .05 cents on the dollar, Microsoft stock & not feed the dog for a year just to feed a Cobra.

The Cobra is a very nice machine & we have run against a few, they are pretty fast!

Not looking to become Earnhart and have a mini that's worth more than both cars parked in the driveway just to get only 2-3 years out of it.
And who decided that our backyard BBQ Chin-ta-wong" junk is worth $10k? ::chinese: I know the price of steel has gone up....

I barely have a few $K into my junk & it runs just fine.

Guess I better up my insurance policy with "Vern Fonk" maybe add the Cobra umbrella policy. LOL

Can't wait to see you all @ Round 4 here in our back yard.
I'll bring the junk & the BBQ pork ::chinese:

raidernut
03-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Thank you for the compliment Mr. sizemore, it does means alot. I dont believe you started any war, i believe you were just helping out like myself and unfortunately, you just cant please everybody. Most that are voicing their opinions arent even involved in the series we are discussing. I just hope that the gentlemen that innocently started this thread will be satisfied with the outcome, and his ability to now run his cobra or whatever he chooses in a truly family friendly series. Sean did say that he will keep an eye on how things are going, and possibly look at other alternatives. He is a very smart man, and has researched the Factory involvement and contingincy offerings for the youth bikes by companies such as DRR, Polaris, and soon to be can-am. This has a huge impact on what classes he will offer in the future.

raidernut
03-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Full Throttle00
[

Can't wait to see you all @ Round 4 here in our back yard.
I'll bring the BBQ. [/B]

Ya we are trying to build an early points lead, because we know what happens when we head to Washington. The local kids, A.J, Cody, Nick and the rest of your kids are no joke up there. You guys are very hard to beat on your home turf. Will be an accomplishment to podium up there, looking forward to coming though, and so is Buddy.

Nick's #1 Fan
03-04-2008, 10:55 PM
It's in the water.....Thanks for the compliment Mark...

Buddy sure looks tough to beat this year...You should be proud..

We'll see you guys soon:D

Maybe if the money tree comes in early we'll finish out the series with ya.....Nick's got his eyes on a schucks shifter we're gonna roll in the shifter open and sport class, I hear those four strokes can move:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

raidernut
03-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Nick's #1 Fan
It's in the water.....Thanks for the compliment Mark...

Buddy sure looks tough to beat this year...You should be proud..

Buddy has had pretty good luck so far, but a long ways to go. Cody is running very strong, but has fallen on some bad luck early on, im sure he will come back up top soon. Gillespie is getting fast too, and has been clocking impressive lap times, but seems to take a couple laps to warm up. The new kid on the block Brock Sizemore is going to be a force. He ran round 1, and quickly moved himself in the top three, before having some problems.Factory Apex has fielded a team with some fast riders too. All in all it is an extremely competetive class, and is anybodies game. It is crazy to see 22 minis line up for the sport class too. Buddy is really enjoying running his 70 against all the 90s in that class. I still think Buddy has a long way to go before he is at where Nick was in his CVT prime. Ill never forget the sight of him powersliding the corners in washougal in a torrential downpour.

team37
03-05-2008, 07:39 AM
2008 DRR LE...$3500...national built motor...$3000...long travel a-arms...$1000....+2 swing-arm...$500...shocks...$1600...set up to keep gears in it...$1000....steering stem...$375...I could keep going but i thought i had better stop at $11grand...I think I get it!

tireman43
03-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by team37
2008 DRR LE...$3500...national built motor...$3000...long travel a-arms...$1000....+2 swing-arm...$500...shocks...$1600...set up to keep gears in it...$1000....steering stem...$375...I could keep going but i thought i had better stop at $11grand...I think I get it!

That may be what it takes to compete with the Cobra. People like myself(with 2 kids racing) don't have the funds to throw at a CVT with a scooter motor to keep up. If you take a $7,000 Cobra and add shocks, long travel and the extras, it adds up too. The biggest reason the ATVA splits them is for the average person who wants to race on a budget, doesn't compete against the very fast Cobra's. Just my .02 cents

Kevin

team37
03-05-2008, 08:18 AM
That is what you need to spend to win the worcs race this weekend , In any cvt mod class. and I think the Tittles have proven a stock cobra works just fine. All you need is a port job.

Nick's #1 Fan
03-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Washougal in the rain.......

The good ole days....:D :D :D :D

The shifter has been a diffenrent struggle for Nick but he is coming around. We're planning another visit to Professor Byrd this summer to help him dial it all in. It worked well for us in the past and it appears to have worked very well for Buddy.

I only wish that Nick was a little smaller so that we could have competed with Buddy again. There looks to be a lot of talent this year in all the classes.

Nick and I always check the results each WORCS weekend to see how everyone did.

Tell Buddy we said hi and to keep up the good work!

We'll see you in April...Bring your rain gear!:) :) :)

team37
03-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Look i am not here trying to cut down the belt drives,I nkow if it was not for the belt drives half of the kids in the country would not be racing.I had $6500 in my eton and i dont care what kid was on it it was not going to win any nationals.If you have a low budget machine you are still battaling the same uphill battle with the kid that has the $10 grand belt drive.It does not matter if you are racing against that or a cobra. the outcome will more than likely be the same.I just think if you have a production auto you should be able to race that class no matter what brand it is. I saw one national last year . And caston mconnel had no problem checking out on the cobras with his cvt.

team37
03-05-2008, 09:30 AM
One more thing it is really hard to concentrate in the middle of this west coast love in......coomb by yaa!!

QuadJunkies
03-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Nick's #1 Fan

We'll see you in April...Bring your rain gear!:) :) :) [/B]

I think the rain gear may be required at ALL the races this year ,were not off to a good start so far! :scary: :p lol

We cant wait for Straddleline,Brandon had an awesome round there last year and loves that track,even the logs. lol
I may be driving up a day early for the PR round to meet up for a photo shoot with TM$ and do BBQ and practice day.

yfz450bb07
03-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Raidernut I appreciate the calls to sean that you have made..I also understand the appreciation of having a great promotor to work with as we have a couple here in the nw that do a ton for the quad community....

But as Raidernut stated i don't know where this got to cobra vs cvt... It was simply can the cobra run at the worcs and in what class's and if not why??? I still can't figure out why the cobra 50 auto can't run in the 70 mod class though??? What if you just have to leave it as a 50, then if you put the 65 jug on it run with the 90's then after that if it started as a shifter it runs with the shifter's???????

Adam I appreciate the compliment's for Matt, I believe the mud race last year at Straddeline is what started his turnaround!! We really didn't know where his dedication was before that, since he started to show signs at top gun last year, he had his sections that he would fly on then he had his pudder sections!!!!! Then as I was trying to work with Taylor on her shifter Matt was always there saying "I want to ride" "I want to ride" so he would....And the rest is history as they say it!!!!

But this should not be about the cost of the cobra. Who has the right to tell anyone what they can or can't spend on any bike or part???? Isn't that the choice of every parent???

Man I have more to say, but Matt's telling me its nice and time to go practice...........playing catch that is.........its all about the kids lets not forget!!!!!!!

raidernut
03-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by yfz450bb07 I still can't figure out why the cobra 50 auto can't run in the 70 mod class though??? What if you just have to leave it as a 50, then if you put the 65 jug on it run with the 90's then after that if it started as a shifter it runs with the shifter's???????[/B]

That is something that im sure can be looked at later on. He just said for now he would rather keep at least one class consistent with what atva is doing. He is offering many more classes than they are, but for some reason wants to keep at least one of each displacement exactly as they have it. Maybe he is looking at atva sanctioning down the road, i really dont know.

team37
03-05-2008, 08:12 PM
yfz450bb07....I have been fighting this for two years,most promotors know very little about the minis.they take advice from the other racers.and in your case they are all belt drive owners.and thats were the cobra vs cvt gets started they do not want to race against the cobras....................mr. full throttle00 if you can build me a DRR just like Buddys#16y for $2000 i will take two of them .please let me know the shipping cost to wisconsin and when they will be ready.

raidernut
03-05-2008, 08:57 PM
We would love to race against your cobra, will be at round 1 atva pro race at glen helen this weekend, where they will let the cobra autos run in the 51-70 class. and i wish i had half as much money in our drr as you think we do, so could sell it and buy stock in cobra.:)

Nick's #1 Fan
03-05-2008, 08:58 PM
geez enough already we get your point.

Let's face it, if promoters didn't cater to the masses then who would be there to race? Sean is allowing the Cobras to race, it may not be the classes that you think it should be but he is providing classes. If more and more Cobras show up I truely believe he will divide the class accordingly but it will be at the end of the year. At the end of each year Sean welcomes all input for next years classes.

yfz450bbo7, You know as well as I do that there are a few other cobra owners in the NW that will be looking for more of an opportunity to race more WORCS races once Sean gets the classes evaluated again. It would be great to see Matt out there on a cobra, from what I hear he has earned it.

How's that for West Coast Love!:p :p :p:

howmuchnow
03-06-2008, 06:03 AM
RIDER They dont let the cobra 70ss run with the 70cc cvt at the nationals. We have are own class there to however you can run in our class, 70 vs 70 but we cant run in yours. fair isn't it . I have 3 cobras and run them for a third of the cost, as i did the cvt. I would not want to run with cobra if I didn't have to , the cvt just can't compete. 2 years ago I seen a cobra 70 ss run in the 90 production jr class at lorettas and finished quite well.

raidernut
03-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by howmuchnow
RIDER They dont let the cobra 70ss run with the 70cc cvt at the nationals. We have are own class there to however you can run in our class, 70 vs 70 but we cant run in yours. fair isn't it . I have 3 cobras and run them for a third of the cost, as i did the cvt. I would not want to run with cobra if I didn't have to , the cvt just can't compete. 2 years ago I seen a cobra 70 ss run in the 90 production jr class at lorettas and finished quite well.

I am aware that the nationals have their own ss class for the cobra, however round 1 at glen helen this weekend is a pro only round, and all the amateur and youth racing is being sanctioned by itp quadcross, that does let them run together, you make some good points however

team37
03-06-2008, 08:05 AM
And thats how it should be, if you only offer one 70 mod auto class it should be ss & cvt......cvts have come a long long way in two years, they are very cometitive with the cobras......dude come to California, NO WAY !...Berkley..... San fransico......echo terrorist.....that just scares the #*#* out of me I have no idea what they would do to a family of rubes from wisconsin out there!:D

Dirtblast
03-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Swede,that's why we haven't seen or heard from you..... you moved to San Fran.lol:D

team37
03-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Georgia -San fransisco its all the same i seen that movie deliverance!!

howmuchnow
03-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Not quite Guss Florida is enough of a melting pot for me. We get any more yankes down here I'll move to Ga and be your neighbor. I Dalton on a 300 now. Ya Guss was a co-star in that movie.

drr5
03-06-2008, 02:01 PM
dont ley swede fool ya he keeps stayin in key west during certian pride type events not sure what he does there thoe? lol

drr5
03-06-2008, 09:38 PM
not so much! we were refering to howmuchnow thats swead, sorry for getting your hopes up about possibly finding your last summer romance.

drr5
03-06-2008, 09:46 PM
hopefully one day we will all be able to get along. but something to think about at the indy show metrakit introduced there new mx bike line very impressive, will they ever build a quad? probly not but i thought there graphics for the 50 mongoose were cool , a mongoose killing a cobra. huh interesting lol but they do look well built

team37
03-07-2008, 06:43 AM
Hey i get along with everybody ,this is just good ol winter bench racing we are still up to are ***** in snow up here ,being a cobra owner there is nothing to work on. Sorry about the mistake on your love intrests Guys...........hey drr5 if you put a vowel in your name it would be much easier to read, maybe an E or U i think they would both work DERR or DURR,and im asuming you were the fifth child born in your family.just kidding!! I have been wanting to use that one and thought it would be better to pi$$ off one guy instead of 500 derr owners ..............whoops I mean DRR owners ,sorry.

drr5
03-07-2008, 09:32 AM
team 37 its ok us derr owners can take it, atleast i can , i think, but anyway while your stuck in the snow ill be racing year round here in sunny florida while you freeze near to death. oh and as far not having to work on a cobra, ive seen plenty fall apart due to lack of maintanence kinda like a 2 stroke toilet , wait till it breaks and flush your money down it , point is its all in fun and its all very expensive for either type machine.. cheesehead..... LOL. just kidding

howmuchnow
03-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Did someone say cheese I'll take some. I'll be on goverment cheese if the keep raising our homeowners insurence. Yep we have nice winters down here but it comes with a price and that would be it's the home of durr or is it derr nation and them damn yard karts. 37 I have tried to switch drr5 to cobra but he insist on working late nights on the durr in the shop, he said if he owned a cobra he would have to spend to much time with mama.

team37
03-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Now this is a good example of good ol east coast love fest.Im takin that concern for are frozen arsses as a invite to stay at your place in sunny florida,my brother and his 5 kids are in not positive if he will be bringing the 3 pitbulls.so right now its just them our2 dogs my wife and son and 1 friend from school and possibly my next door neighbor and his wife and 2 kids good news is he has no dogs.but if his oldest son gets out of jail in time that makes 3 kids. see ya soon!

team37
03-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Howmuchnow they call you swede, It was an honest mistake on my part, up here in wiscosin you cant throw a broken CVT gear, without hitting a swede!!Drr5 just a heads up the one dogs explosive diarea has somewhat slowed down to just oily gas!!must be the brats & cheese.

drr5
03-07-2008, 12:19 PM
no i believe it to be he c heap beer, and cold temps, as far as bringing downhe family and friends , come on down well keep the refrige box light on for you, the oily gas youll have to deal with your self due to over crowding in our freezer box, after paying for cvt repairs

howmuchnow
03-07-2008, 12:20 PM
The dog has oily gas, can I have it , thats what the drr folks run in their yard kartd down here. lol might be able to bottle it and sell it to them.:D

Dirtblast
03-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Yep!! Sun Stroke and Brain Freeze. It'll do it everytime. LOL

Nichols Atvs
03-07-2008, 10:05 PM
I dont know how to fix that . But i did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

team37
03-08-2008, 08:33 AM
hey Derr, we need bail money aparently in the state of tennesee you cant have three trailers hooked to one truck, we could not come to florida without the boat and jet-ski. we offerd the trooper a beer but that did not seem work like it does in wisconsin.

howmuchnow
03-08-2008, 10:58 AM
37 your in luck DRR5 owns a towing company. If I know him he's on his way to get the jet ski I mean you. Hide the cobra because he really wants one of them. Psst don't mention you have beer, you will never get him to come back to florida untill it's been drank.

drr5
03-08-2008, 02:14 PM
now if he has summer sausage well be buddies forever even if he owns a crapra oops ment cobra , what part of wis a re you from i have most of my family there , mostly milwaukee, and iron river

drr5
03-08-2008, 02:17 PM
it just hit me with all those trailers in tow with one vehicle , they could do a movie about that, national lampoons atv florida vacation.

team37
03-08-2008, 04:19 PM
We live in Salem just south of Milwaukee, our real neighbor is atv racing ledgend, and atvs version of the G.O.A.T greatest of all time..... DOUG GUST................

wvspeedfreak
03-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by howmuchnow
them damn yard karts.

Referring to them as backyard belt buggies has a better ring to it :D

drr5
03-08-2008, 08:55 PM
agreed, you can usually hear one of the dads yell , hey yall watch this!

QuadJunkies
03-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Congradulations to Buddy win at Glen Helen this past wk end!
Great job!
Mark, how did Grant do? I assumed he raced as well?

Quad4Fun
03-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Wow, that was some fun reading :D :rolleyes: :eek2: :ermm:
hahahahahaaaaa..........

I'm just gonna stick with my lil ol' Stock DRR 70..:) :)

Buddy is fun to watch that is for sure. Hayley runs in the stock on Sunday, so we get to Watch Buddy haul ***** around the track. I'll have to keep track on how many times he laps the stockers...hehehehehehe

Nick was flat out moving on his shifter this weekend at Oakwood. Looks like he is getting it down pretty good...

robb
03-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi Tina

Grant raced 91cc to 300cc class and had a great time and ended up in 5 th .
Buddy looked great way to keep charging little man :)
Kohl looked fast as always good job!!!!! We had alot of fun this weekend the boys had a blast watching the pros !!!!!

robb
03-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Rocccccoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 101:macho :macho

raidernut
03-10-2008, 08:46 PM
ITP ATVA/ITP QUADCROSS #1 - 3/9/2008
GLEN HELEN RACEWAY

51-70(70cc MAX)AUTO 6-11yrs - Class Finish Positions Points for this class

Overall Nbr Name Moto 1 Moto 2 Points Earned
1st #16 BUDDY WILLIAMS - DRR
BLYTHE, CA 1st 1st 50
2nd #8 LYONS LYONS - COB
ALOHA, OR 2nd 2nd 44
3rd #211y KOHL FEUERHAHN - DRR
BAKERSFIELD, 5th 3rd 40
4th #11 CRISTIAN ELMS - DRR
BLYTHE, 4th 5th 38
5th #22 ZACHERY MICHEL - DRR
ONTARIO, CA 6th 4th 36
6th #38x JACOB GILLESPIE - DRR
NORCO, 3rd DNS 34
DNS #51 RYAN HENKEL - APX
OREGON CITY, OR DNS DNS 0

QuadJunkies
03-11-2008, 12:02 AM
^^^ Niiiiccceeee.... :cool:

team37
03-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Ok then, HAIL thee Buddy and his trusty mount derrr!! but it must be boring as kings of such a tiny kingdom .Interms of entrys and states represented that is .you may want to think about leaving that tiny kingdom and raiding the much larger ones to the east!Like the kingdom of WPSA were the cobras are king or the atva nationals .Then and only then can you really be king...reality is I am sure you guys could compete at any level nice job this past weekend,:D :D

team37
03-11-2008, 01:46 PM
I will be apearing at the Chuckle Hut the rest of the week!!It is nice you guys are hangin on a cobra post,I looked at the derr post last month and the fighting and arguing going on over there was scary,to say the least .but if you want to hang with the cobra guys you must bring a sense of humor .:D

raidernut
03-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Actually in terms of entries are "tiny" kingdom is the fastest growing youth series in the country. We are seeing full gates which the atva hasnt seen in years. we do pull from multiple states, and hold races in as many states as any other series. i am not refering to the itp race last weekend, which i will admit is weak at best, but the worcs, arguably the toughest racing conditions in the nation, which do require both motocross and cross country skills.

riding4fun
03-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Mark,

Tell Buddy great job. Zachary can't wait to hit Glen Helen on the "big track" as he calls it.

Hopefully we can make it to one or two.

raidernut
03-11-2008, 09:10 PM
We would like to see you guys there too, turnout was more than normal, but still nothing near WORCS numbers.

jandjracing
03-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by team37
We have run our cobra 50 for two years and that includes winter indoor. Its been run as a 50cc..65cc..and a75cc

Thats funny, I thought the class you raced in locally limited your quad to 50cc. Guess I should of had your motor taken apart after all. :eek2:

team37
03-22-2008, 10:14 AM
That is what they talked about origanaly, 50cc cobras only in the superstock class with the 125cc hondas and the 90cc belt drives. But I was able to convince them that that was freakin rediculous!!We raced last year with a 65cc motor so you still had 5cc on us, with your 70cc cvt . That was quite a race the two boys had at Byron. Joey has only been racing for 2 years, and when he saw your impressive rig parked in the pits, and I told him Jake came with a racing resume which includes, championships and national wins, and having other notable national champions and national winners in that race, he rode as hard as as he knew how.You saw all our little cobra had............................................... ...........And there is no cc limit on the single speed cobra in the UQCS.Scotty changed that before the season got started last year.Any way it was nice to here from you ,GOOD LUCK AT THE PELL CITY NATIONAL!!

jandjracing
03-22-2008, 12:19 PM
It was a good race for a 3500 dollar "yard kart" against your big bore Cobra. Jake has only been racing for three years, but he is pretty commited. I do not think our bug splattered camper looked nearly as impressive as your Cobra did though. I was so impressed with how fast your Cobra 50 was that I had to go get one. We are very excited to get some more practice in at Byron a few times this year before they have thier races again, it is a very cool track. Sorry for getting off track in this thread. See you at the races!