PDA

View Full Version : Torque wrench?

11-05-2001, 09:58 AM
Where can I find a torque wrench that would work with my machine? I am going to take apart the engine this week and send the jug to Terry at Marcum,s ATV to get my 416 kit going. Also where can I find a service manual. I believe I will need one so I have all the torque specs. Knightime, if you are out there, how hard has this been for you? I know you are in the process of doing this for your machine.

knighttime
11-05-2001, 11:13 AM
First off, buy the Honda 400EX service manual from www.helminc.com. Thats a must! The book has great directions and lists all torque specs. Get it overnight delivery if you have to. As for the torque wrench for assembly, I purchased a cheap $25 dollar torque wrench from Pep Boys. I works ok, but not nearly as well as $100 one.

I'm all done with the teardown except for removing the piston from the crankshaft (easy), and getting the cylinder bored. I'm only waiting on the piston.

Just make sure you don't let the timing chain drop and watch out for losing 4 bolt sleeves (the manual shows them).

Just clear the work area, stay loose and don't hurry, and buy the manual and you'll be fine.