View Full Version : few questions about badlands in indy

bignehls
03-03-2008, 07:01 PM
i'm new to this atv parks stuff as i have never been to one and have a few questions.

i seen they have a campground anyone stay there and have any pros and cons about it. (if i camp there i will have a 26 ft travel trailer) do they allow alcohol in the campground i don't drink and ride but chillin at night with a cold one is nice.

i have a 6 yr old son with a predator 90 and a 50cc dirt bike is there areas to ride with him that i don't have to worry about him gettin in the way of faster riders.

is there any restrictions on what size his atv can be since he is only 6.

if any other thoughts come to mind about your experiences at the badlands please share them.

this would be my first park excursion and i just want to be prepared.
thanks for any help and ideas!

smr
03-04-2008, 04:23 AM
First thing you might want to know is the park just sold. I don't know what that means for changes but it is under new management.

Here's the link

http://blogs.fourwheeler.com/6233541/features/breaking-news/index.html

I took my son there when he was about 8 years old. Never had any problems as far as age restrictions. There is plenty of room down in the bottoms for him to play.

They didn't have the campground ready when I was there. I have heard it's nice and they do say no drinking but they don't surch your coolers either.

good luck

Raptor68
03-04-2008, 06:46 PM
I live about 30 minutes from the Badlands and have been there dozens of times, but have only camped there once. The campground is nice, but doesn't have any trees. It's just basically an open grassy field, however they have just recently built showers, but you may not need them with your trailer. There should be plenty of room for a 26-footer, but I am not sure what hook-ups they have. You might want to call ahead to try to reserve a site with power and water, if it's available. You cannot bring alcohol into the Badlands, however the campground is just outside the entrance and I think they say no alcohol, but I didn't have a problem when I camped there. There should be plenty of room for your kids and I don't think they will say anything about what they're riding. I'm sure you guys will have a good time.

BIGCATDAVE
03-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by smr
First thing you might want to know is the park just sold. I don't know what that means for changes but it is under new management.

Here's the link

http://blogs.fourwheeler.com/6233541/features/breaking-news/index.html

You guys out in Indiana have nothing to worry about. The couple that bought the park are wonderful people. They ran Paragon Adventure Park in Pennsylvania till corporate greed and political corruption forced them out. Paragon was on 4300 leased acres, and their organization was first class. They will be sorely missed around here.

http://paragonap.com/

They will be incorporating the Badlands site into the forum on the Paragon site. I look forward to meeting some of you there.