PDA

View Full Version : Rear shock adjustment

Hondamaster5505
03-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Hey everyone.

Well, I believe my quad still has the factory settings on the rear shock. My problem is whenever I try to jump it, the damn thing will buck on me. It's at a point where i'm afraid to jump.

What will solve this problem? Preload adj./Rebound adj./both

I know preload will definitly make it come up slower, but is that all it takes to solve the bucking? Or do I need to adjust the rebound too?

03-03-2008, 03:17 PM
rebound, I slowed my rebound a bit its all trial and error. You have to adjust it, ride over a section of whoops or jumps, adjust it more or another way and ride the same way you just did to feel whats best. For me I slowed my rebound a 1/4 turn maybe from factory setting and it made such a difference. Jumps, whoops landing all felt smoother.

TRXRacer1
03-03-2008, 04:31 PM
The biggest problem is they have that spring tightened down way too much from the factory. Loosen that puppy up until you gain 1-2" of sag over stock. Once that is done then you can start playing with the compression and rebound.

03-03-2008, 10:39 PM
gt thunder link and revalve...

Hondamaster5505
03-04-2008, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
gt thunder link and revalve...

I don't have the kind of money. lol. Will just a link do it? And how much?

400exMO
03-04-2008, 09:15 AM
I wouldn't put on the link without a revalve, it might cause the shock to be harsh somewhere in it's travel.

michaelj
03-04-2008, 09:48 AM
i got the same problem the rear spring is so hard when I go over whoops the seat comes back up so hard, so I guess you have to loosen everything up the spring, compression, rebound-I dont know I am gonna try it