PDA

View Full Version : FIRST ride on total rebuild! (pics)

400thacker
03-03-2008, 01:06 AM
well i went riding today for the first time in months. had a blast. 716 acres of private trails with 10 acre lake and all. my girlfriend and I rode by ourselves. we seen a fellow and his daughter riding a fourtrax on the road and they tagged along for a little while.

Had a couple of problems with my quad though. the air intake tube popped out of the box and off my carb a couple of times causing it to run like ****. I also have a really bad oil leak and don't know where it is coming from.

I think that i had a little too much oil to start with today could that cause it? it had oil laying on top ot the motor behind the cylinder and it covered my swingarm. after riding like that for a few hours it still had pleanty of oil in the res. I am hoping i just had it overfilled and it was coming out of the case breather hole.

and my battery died and i had to pull start it once. other than that it was dumb **** like my girlfriend hitting the choke lever and me going crazy thinking the motor was f'd up. i rode for an hour just thinking it was wrong jetting. that was too funny:D
that actually happened twice.

it done the same thing again and the choke was off but it was the intake breather tube disconnected that time. just thought i would share a story and post some pics. if anyone knows anything about a mystery oil leak then please let me know.

:confused:

400thacker
03-03-2008, 01:09 AM
here is a view of part of the lake and the property

400thacker
03-03-2008, 01:13 AM
me and my 416...the top pic is my girlfriend of over a year, she likes to get wet on the quad!;)