PDA

View Full Version : I have the worst of luck!

cool 300ex
03-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Tonight i went out for a rride on my snowmboile. I stoped to get my snowflap out of the track. Then i smelled something burning and looked up and saw flames under my hood. So i picked it up and start throwing as much snow on it for 15 minutes. I tryed packing it to smother the fire, i even used my helmet as a shovel, i closed the hood after packing snow on it to cut off air. Nothing would work! The flames where coming from around the carbs and quickly spread then there where even on the bottom of the sled. So i had no choice but to walk away while watching it burn. I heard other snowmobiles and there was like 8-10 of them. So i ran out to the end of the trail to catch them i was yelling as loud as i could and waving my arms. They where going way to fast and didn't even see me. So i called my cousin to come meet me with a quad so i could go get my truck and get it ou of the woods. I was walking out to meet her because she didn't know where i was. I was around a mile or mile and a half away. Then i heard a big boom that i am guessing was my fuel tank with $30 of gas around 10+ gallons exploding. It sound like someone set off fireworks. Then when we got back there there was basicly nothhing left but the remains where still burning.

So we put snow on them to put them out. Left it cool then i went and got my truck back through the groomed snowmobile trails. So them me, my friend, and dad lift what remained into the back on my truck which was the 3 cylinder engine and the front end. Then i shoveled all the melted parts into my bed. Throw snow on the area that was bare dirt. I had no insurance on it. It was a 97 EXT 600 triple. Then i headed for home with my tail between my legs.

I have the worst luck ever i had pics of it on fire with my cell phone. But i just droped it and cracked the screen and no i can't see them. Lets see what else as happened in the last 2 weeks. Yesterday i ahd 3 different people pull out in front of me. The wheel bearing went out in my truck, the airbag light came on in my truck, and the abs light. My quad axle broke, seals went out, and tie rod ends are bad. I bent the a arms and knocked the alignment out on my snowmobile. Well ebough talk heres the aftermath pictures.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/yfzrider450/100_0282.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/yfzrider450/100_0281.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/yfzrider450/100_0280.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/yfzrider450/100_0279.jpg

m.h.s.c.#527
03-02-2008, 11:59 PM
i can see your footprints they just look ur head was down real sorry bro hey it could be a blessing in disguise and you may come across a better one cheap good luck from here on n e way

CannondaleRider
03-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Man, that really sucks....wow. I feel for you.

BUT, chances are, tomorrow you will wake up with a heartbeat....so it can't be to bad. ;) :)

mod440ex
03-03-2008, 12:35 AM
well when it rains it poors:D , sorry about your luck but it could always be worse

derekhonda
03-03-2008, 12:56 AM
Man that is bad luck. Hope tomorrow is better!

03-03-2008, 01:11 AM
My friends articat 600 just went up in flames a month ago.

Sell the motor to some wana be drag racer now. :cool:

NPelletier
03-03-2008, 04:37 AM
thats sux so bad man...but your luck will turn around, your so unlucky you might be lucky, buy a loto ticket or something;)

but, sorry about the snowmobile..:ermm:

cool 300ex
03-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Thanks guys... I wonder if the engine is any good after all the heat?

mod440ex
03-03-2008, 02:20 PM
hell, put it on ebay and say it ran good last time i used it.:D

Lowcountrydave
03-03-2008, 02:57 PM
I wonder if there are any factory recalls on that model/make/year?

Fire hazards, might be worth checking with the manufacturer.

Dave

ZSNOW
03-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by mod440ex
hell, put it on ebay and say it ran good last time i used it.:D

hahaha good one...MAYBE u can make a grand off it. those motors were pretty fast.:D

kawiefan
03-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Man that is bad luck. Hope tomorrow is better!

03-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by cool 300ex
Thanks guys... I wonder if the engine is any good after all the heat?

Should be. Its metal and a engine always gets really hot. Just clean it up and check the gaskets and seals and what ever rubber parts. I would keep the motor and drop it in a quad frame.

Quad18star
03-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Nothing a little Mother's polish can't fix . j/k

Sorry about your luck...... my guess is , the motor is toast. The heat probably warped everything. When you stopped to take the snowflap out , did you turn the machine off ?? If so did you hear any kind of backfire??

My boss lost his brand new Rev XP 800 this season due to fire. His dad was riding it , it rolled over , one of the gas lines ruptured and KABOOM .... up in flames she went. $12 000 sled and all that was left that was salvagable was the aftermarket hitch he put on it. :ermm: