PDA

View Full Version : Real Bad Vibration???

blacknblue#2
03-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Well some of you might know that i was building at 04 pretty much from scratch to trail ride with, it was a complete quad just when i got it the motor was COMPLETELY disassembled and threw in a box for about 8 months till i saved it. Well i finally got about 5 hours of seat time on it today since it warmed up and man it runs real good starts no later than third kick and everything is perfect except it has a real bad vibration all over the whole quad. What could this be?? its not so bad that you cant ride it but its worse than any other of the 450s ive ever had?? i just dunno what it could be cause everything went back together perfect?

CSR400EX
03-03-2008, 12:05 AM
sounds like the counterbalancer is off. you will have to pull the right side cover off and check to see if its off or not.

86 Quad R
03-03-2008, 10:25 AM
2nd that..........

i'd also check the balancer bearings aswell. :cool:

JAKE YATES
03-03-2008, 01:25 PM
THATS YOUR PROBLEM FOR SURE I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM A FEW WEEKS AGO JUST MAKE SURE ALL YOUR MARKS LINE UP.

blacknblue#2
03-03-2008, 03:24 PM
thanks guys ill check it out, is it a hard fix or just pull that fover off and check the marks on the balancer?? And also do you think ive damaged anything riding it like this??

CSR400EX
03-03-2008, 10:45 PM
if you havent rode it much, you shouldnt hurt anything at all. but check the balancer bearings too. i remember once i had a LT250R, and i had the balancer off by quite a bit on it. when i started it, it felt like sitting on a jackhammer lol

tank69
03-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Are you sure you didn't put a Harley motor in it by accident? :D

Tank ----> I have a harley, I can make fun of myself! ;)

blacknblue#2
03-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by tank69
Are you sure you didn't put a Harley motor in it by accident? :D

Tank ----> I have a harley, I can make fun of myself! ;)

haha thats funny you said that cause i have a cousin that is die-hard harley and i was pickin on him the other day when i told him about my quad i said "man it feels just like im settin on one of your darn hogs while its settin there vibrating the bolts loose" haha good thing he has a good sense of humor some guys woulda kicked my a** over that

DEERCHOOPER
03-06-2008, 02:58 AM
i might be wrong, but when i changed my flywheel to the heavyer one. i thought it had a key way in it to make sure it lined up right.