PDA

View Full Version : guess what i got

mittman
03-02-2008, 08:27 PM
i went up with my dad to his cusins and he just bought a new dodge and he has an old 85 dodge and i asked him how much for it and he said for me it was free so i couldnt resist it has a 5.2 318 4x4 and a crazy loud exhust lol. the only things that are wrong with it is its needs a smog pump a catalytic converter to pass inspection (who needs that stuff anyway lol) and a new front axel he has one but it needs put in and i figured while it was out i would put in 4.11s in it. now my next question is where can i get all that stuff for a good price ebay doesnt have anything. i was working on it today to get it moveable i'll get pics when i get it home.let me know thanks

dpizz450
03-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by mittman
i went up with my dad to his cusins and he just bought a new dodge and he has an old 85 dodge and i asked him how much for it and he said for me it was free so i couldnt resist it has a 5.2 318 4x4 and a crazy loud exhust lol. the only things that are wrong with it is its needs a smog pump a catalytic converter to pass inspection (who needs that stuff anyway lol) and a new front axel he has one but it needs put in and i figured while it was out i would put in 4.11s in it. now my next question is where can i get all that stuff for a good price ebay doesnt have anything. i was working on it today to get it moveable i'll get pics when i get it home.let me know thanks

catalytic converters are not cheap at all. anywhere from 150-400 bucks. i work at napa and we dont even have most of them for most cars available to us. most of them are dealer only items. which we all know dealers for anything are expensive as hell. but good luck man sounds like a sweet muddin truck. got any pics :devil:

NJ450rider
03-03-2008, 06:36 AM
its an 85 he just needs two 12inch regular old cats theyll be like 60-80 bucks each. Why are they so expensive where you live?

As far as a smog pump i dont remember but i got an old dodge manual ill go look at it. I had a 79 dodge with a 318 in it. I image it should be a 4 barrel but maybe a 2 barrel like mine was.

mittman
03-03-2008, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by YZrida
catalytic converters are not cheap at all. anywhere from 150-400 bucks. i work at napa and we dont even have most of them for most cars available to us. most of them are dealer only items. which we all know dealers for anything are expensive as hell. but good luck man sounds like a sweet muddin truck. got any pics :devil:

i dont need a catalytic converter now but i figured since i was spending money i would buy one ill go to the junk yard. i forgot when i was there i hope to bring it home next week i wish i could drive it home:( but his son went mudding in it and did somthing to the axel so i took it apat hoping it was nothing major but the axel houseing is bent so im getting it back together enought to get it on a trailer.