PDA

View Full Version : ex bigbore long term life survey here

jaspurx
03-02-2008, 07:42 PM
OK guys , lets hear about what you have ( details please) and how they held up over the years. Since we can`t get the mags to put up the info. , lets hear from the real riders and racers!

NacsMXer
03-02-2008, 08:23 PM
I had a 440 big bore that I ran for a couple years before I seized/bent my intake valves due to oil starvation...but that was an isolated incident.

The reliability of any big bore is going to depend on many things: quality of components used, precision/quality of machine work, how good of a job you do on the general maintenance of the motor, type of conditions you run it in/how long, jetting, type of fuel used, etc.

It's not what it is that makes it reliable/unreliable, it's how you build it/set it up/maintain it that has the biggest influence on how it will hold up. That's my 2 cents on the topic :o :)

03-02-2008, 08:46 PM
my friend had a 440 stroker it was crazy fast but it didnt last very long. After a year or 2 he sold it because he felt the motor going out. Other just 440 big bores that a few of my friends have had didnt last that long either. Them seemed to be more trouble than they were worth.

Wheelie
03-02-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm going on my 3rd year with my stroker, no problems yet. As stated before, it's all in the maintenance. Keep the valves adjusted, keep the air filter clean and change the oil often and it will last. I change the oil in my EX before and after every dune trip.