PDA

View Full Version : 400ex oil engine disapear

randelator
03-02-2008, 07:21 PM
ok first of all sorry for my typing (i am french) i just bought a 400ex for my wife than i decide to put fresh oil in it and new filter,wich i did like the manual said 1.89 quart of oil,than i warm her up and check the oil level on the stick.... no oil so i put more in for a total of 2 quart and still no oil,so i put more for a total of 2.5 quart of oil satrt her again took a little ride and let her rest for a min or 2 and check oil again... still no oil, i touch the oil rad and hose and they were warm, and i still got the stock oil tanks and no the oil filter was not misplace, so tell my guys where the oil is and why is it happening thanks!!! oh and no there is no oil leak and she dont burn oil , and when removing the screw near the oil line on the engine there was oil but way more than flush at the tread like supposed to any help would be appreciated thanks steve!!!

JOEX
03-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Make sure you let the motor idle for about 5 minutes before shutting it off then let it rest for another 5 minutes or so before checking the level.

Did you put the oil filter in backwards?