PDA

View Full Version : Web Cam Vs. Magacycle Cams

TRXRacer1
03-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Who makes the best cams, Web Cams or Megacycle?

One of my winter projects this year has been playing with this Suzuki 230 Quadsport I bought in a box. The bottom end is all together now and the cylinder has been bored and fitted with a 10.25:1 Wiseco piston. Now it's time to work the head and I've used Web Cams in the past but I've also heard that Megacycles makes a mean cam. Anybody hear one way or the other on these companies? I'll be going with Web Cams unless I hear different and I will be going aggressive with the grind.

chad502ex
03-03-2008, 10:51 AM
imo Web cam.

Mega Cycle Cams makes a good product but imo too over-priced...

I have/had experience with both..

TRXRacer1
03-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks Chad, I think I'll just stick with Web Cams then.

kawiefan
03-04-2008, 07:10 AM
Hey another person with a lt230 haha. We have a megacycle .430 lift cam in ours with a wiseco piston and dg xccelrator full exhaust. We got the stocker hardfaced for about 120. It has much more mid and topend than stock but still a lot of bottom grunt. Next upgrade is going to be a bigger carb.

TRXRacer1
03-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by kawiefan
Hey another person with a lt230 haha. We have a megacycle .430 lift cam in ours with a wiseco piston and dg xccelrator full exhaust. We got the stocker hardfaced for about 120. It has much more mid and topend than stock but still a lot of bottom grunt. Next upgrade is going to be a bigger carb. I'm installing a 300ex carb so I'll be sure to post how it goes. I just got it in today and so far so good. I was able to stretch the stock intake over it (barely) and for the air box I'll get rid of that factory step down adapter and use heavy duty rubber line. The carb will be a big improvement size wise and I like that it will have an accelerator pump now. My only concern is I may have to mold the tank a little with the heat gun to clear the top of the carb. It's no taller just a little wider.