PDA

View Full Version : Track Conditions at BPG Sun. Mar. 2nd

dan harris
03-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Well everybody has been asking why we didn't open this weekend as planned. Check out the pic's and you'll understand! It's still like winter up here. The snow is starting to melt, but that and the ground thawing is leaving the tracks pretty muddy.

dan harris
03-02-2008, 01:21 PM
This picture is of the landing ramp of the uphill flag jump. Its been widened to twice it's original width.

dan harris
03-02-2008, 01:23 PM
This is the downhill ski jump, notice how I'm working on building up the landing ramp. It used to step down in the middle. When I'm done it will step up another 5 feet but will gradually do so from the takeoff to the landing.

dan harris
03-02-2008, 01:26 PM
The landing will be much smoother. I think you'll also be able to jump further.

dan harris
03-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Hopefully I will be able to finish this and the flag jump this week.

dan harris
03-02-2008, 01:31 PM
The driveway is just as muddy as the tracks right now. I doubt we will actually open until the Weekend of March 14th which is two weekends away. I'll be sure to have the tracks in great shape before we open.

MX MaNiAc 06
03-02-2008, 05:34 PM
That looks awesome man. The uphill is going to be SICK for pictures with two quads.

KH426
03-02-2008, 06:10 PM
You just wanted to get pics of your new lift out there. lol:devil:

dan harris
03-03-2008, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by KH426
You just wanted to get pics of your new lift out there. lol:devil:
Actually my accountant didn't understand how a 6" suspension lift and 35" tires could be a business expense?? I showed him the pics and told him Its my resposibilty to check the tracks regularly.

KXRida
03-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Hopefully the weather we have today will melt some of the snow. It's around 60 here. haha good thinking writing off your lift with taxes.

maticus
03-03-2008, 12:53 PM
even i the shape it is with the snow and mud that track is still about 500% better than any local track around here. how far from cincinnati are you guys i would love to take a weekend trip to BRG.

KXRida
03-03-2008, 03:58 PM
It's about 4 hours on a good day of traffic for me to get to cinnci. Probably about 5-6 hours for you depending on traffic and which way you go. I myself am about an hour away.

ROLLIN
03-03-2008, 06:00 PM
hey dan, did you make any other changes... like on the little track. big fan of BPG. if anyone is into mx they have to make the trip, yall will love it

dan harris
03-04-2008, 05:13 AM
The warm weather on Monday melted all the snow that was here. The ground is still in the process of thawing, but with these warm temps I'm expecting the ground to be thawed by the weekend.

I'm still finishing up the downhill ski jump - its almost done, and it looks killer. The landing ramp is so tall its sick !!!!

Haven't done anything to the kids track yet. But in the next couple weeks I'll be up there making some cool changes.

I haven't been able to do as much to the tracks as I had hoped with all the bad weather we had this winter. Trust me I'll be out there everyday now that the weather has changed, and you'll be seeing lots of changes every time you come up.

NJ450rider
03-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Its amazing your like 4 to 4 1/2 hours away and the difference in temps/ground conditions are huge. This winter has been warm/dry here in NJ as a whole. If breezewood was in NJ you literally could have been open most of the winter. I cant wait for a lil bit warmer temps to be constant though. Also daylight savings starts this coming weekend!