PDA

View Full Version : how to get into racing

rigger
03-02-2008, 07:23 AM
Never raced before. Thinking of maybe trying to run some sort of a GNCC or something like that with my 400ex.

I am a good old fashioned hard core trail rider. Grew up on bikes and now I ride atvs. Thinking of racing something before I get to much older and out of shape just so that I could say I had at least tried it once.

I live Charleston, SC. What can I do or where can I look to try and maybe get into running something? I know races are run everywhere so I would only be able to run the ones that are somewhat close to me being I have to work 5-6 days a week and have the family thing to do too.

The other reason I may have to start racing a little is for exposure of a "maybe" new Polaris dealership in charleston that I will more than likely be part of. So I may have to start running a race or two just for the exposure. But that would mean I would have to run an Outlaw and not my 400. Guess if that is what I have to do for work, then so be it.

trailrider894
02-11-2009, 08:45 PM
call a local dealer and they should know about races in your area. don't go for gncc for your first time. run like a c class.

Pappy
02-11-2009, 08:47 PM
There should be an article on the homepage about starting out racing.

Check out www.atvaonline.com

They will have races that are local to you as well as the National series.