View Full Version : Chain tension?

quadscrib
03-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Well tomorrow were gonna be in the 40's here in michigan (its be 20's for a LONG TIME!)and we are getting out the DRX for the first time ever... its new and we havnt even started it yet.
Anyways Ive got it bout ready to go and one of the last things on the list is chain tension.....whats the spec? He will be jumping it though Im sure not the first day if that makes a difference...hes 50 lbs MAX if thats a factor also.
And yes Ive addressed the jetting for our temp and I do have a break in procedure as well.
Hes been on the Pred 50 all day today and I think hes gonna be shocked when he first hops on the new DRX! He (We) are very anxious to see how he does ....
anyways some help w/ chain tension would help us. Thanx!

Perazzimx14
03-02-2008, 02:41 AM
Compress the rear suspension the whole way and make sure the chain tensioner isn't touching the chain. At this point the top of the chain should have 1/4" to 1/2" play up and down.

Hope you have and excellant ride, post some pic of your day.

quadscrib
03-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanx! I plan to take some pics and mabey a vid or two. Yesterday Oliver was launching this snow pile step up like Ive never seen him before... wait till he feels the kick from the DRX lol. We,re getting out there soon!