PDA

View Full Version : Brand loyalty stories.

450raider
03-01-2008, 09:16 PM
well this is just something i thought id try, Brand Loyalty Stories, meaning why do you like your brand i dont mean bashing another companies product or lineup or anything, now ill kick it off as a youngun i grew up like will smiths kid in the pursuit of happyness we would walk the trails and watch others have a jolly time on their honda 300s and ex's and such so when i got the chance to get a quad at 17 i jumped on honda and have been that way till summer 06 when i simply tried to get ahold of honda about a product concern with calls and emails all of which were ignored except one call where the "consumer care" person was rude (without going into detail), so after that i decided my next brand should be one of the big4 and with no disrespect yam. has never appealed to me, so i was real close to zuke being top choice but for one i have an older cousin all high on them and i didnt wanna seem like i was copying him, then i took notice to kawi steppin up and took it, so far have nothing bad to say about them and thats where i stand now.

450raider
03-02-2008, 04:06 PM
...or not, alreay been done huh, oh well it dont really matter we'll just turn this into q&a, now speaking of brands which one has been around the longest anyway? both as a buisness and first quad makers.

Blue250X
03-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
...or not, alreay been done huh, oh well it dont really matter we'll just turn this into q&a, now speaking of brands which one has been around the longest anyway? both as a buisness and first quad makers.

Honda = first threewheeler, US90

Suzuki = first fourwheeler, LT160? That could be wrong.

416exfreak
03-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Suzuki claims to be have been the 1st on 4 wheels.

Im really not sure. I would have to look into it...:ermm:

450raider
03-02-2008, 07:06 PM
well as for companies i always just thought (back when people raced those old timey motorcycles) was that honda or kawi was first on the scene then the original canam came in and dominated things and ended the era, then when quads came out i thought honda was first followed by yam then kawi & zuke then lastly pol, did i hit anywhere close?

HondaEXrider22
03-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Honda was my first quad. And i love it.

I never really had other but from what i see, they are the most reliable and that is why i stick with them.

I have an 03 400ex and it hasnt seen the shop yet. I ride with newer(and older) yamis, kawis, sukis,(bikes and quads) and they are contantly being fixed or something is wrong. My Honda has no problems whatsoever.

trxwannbe
03-03-2008, 06:52 AM
pretty sure suzuki was first on 4 in like 84' and i'm not sure which they released first the 160 or the lt250r

trxwannbe
03-03-2008, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22
Honda was my first quad. And i love it.

I never really had other but from what i see, they are the most reliable and that is why i stick with them.

I have an 03 400ex and it hasnt seen the shop yet. I ride with newer(and older) yamis, kawis, sukis,(bikes and quads) and they are contantly being fixed or something is wrong. My Honda has no problems whatsoever.

welllll then you must just not be fast....j/k the 400s are bullet proof if you take care of em right

TWILES
03-03-2008, 08:45 AM
I've always like Yamaha's. Our first ever was a Honda 110 3-wheeler. It didn't last long and Dad got a 225DX Yamaha and then a 1987 Big Bear. As a kid in the late 80's/early 90's, I can remember going to Turkey Bay for Labor Day and seeing all the new Yamaha's under the tent when Town and Country Yamaha would have BBQ, drinks, and chips brought out. I thought a Warrior was the baddest thing on earth. I didn't really know what a Banshee was. I saw the Honda's but didn't know what they were. We rode with a bunch who bought Quadracers in '88 and I thought they were the greatest because they were fast but the Yamaha's always got my attention. I'm really not "brand loyal" now after having one of everything but the Yamaha's always seem to fit me better and hold up better than the rest. Yamaha's sport atv's, hands down, have the best shocks. The 4x4's are simple compared to the more expensive Honda's and have great suspension. Kawasaki never stood out to me at all and Suzuki's were stupid looking.

AND when someone thinks that Dirtwheels only like's Yamahas. you are wrong. I remember one where they compared a STOCK Banshee and STOCK 400ex. The Banshee had it beat in every way possible and they still said the Honda was better. THEY CAN'T PISS-OFF THE MASSES!

54warrior
03-03-2008, 11:30 AM
First bike: 1982 XR80
Second bike: 1979 XL100
Third bike: 1987 CR125

ALL Honda's. The third one ended up being a basket case. lost about $2500 on that bike. I was 14 at the time and decided that I'd never own another two stroke. I also said I'd never buy used again. My next decision was: bike or quad. I chose to get a quad. In 1996, my choice was between a 300EX and a Warrior. Well, since the Yamaha dealer made me a great deal on the Warrior, that is what I got. Actually it was in my dad's name, since I was only 14. They were hesitant to sell it, even though I was 6'2" tall at the time, lol.

So anyway. I had great luck with that quad, it's been a tank. Very happy with the Yamaha product, and have been impressed with other Yamaha products that my friends have owned.

I am not brand loyal though. I did own a C'dale Speed for about 2 years that I also bought new, back in 02. It ran great...when it ran, lol. Another lesson learned!