PDA

View Full Version : 2006 DRR 50 Injector problems

jkkclfamily
03-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Hello to all,
I bought this quad used and now trying to put it back to the Stock 50 class.
I found a cork in the large injector hose from the oil tank, I removed it and also found a small screw in the smaller hose going to the carb from the injector pump. The last owner was mixing the gas before not using the injector. I fixed both hoses now and still can not get oil to come out the small hose going to the carb.
Would anyone be able to help with what I need to do next? I am new to the DRR 50.

Thank you all in advance for hopefully helping.
Joe

WOLFPACK
03-01-2008, 07:41 PM
We'd be glad to help! Can you post a picture of the set up you have to give us a rough idea what we're dealing with?

If you can't post pics send them to our email wolfpackracing@comcast.net and we'll have you running in no time.

Shane

jkkclfamily
03-02-2008, 04:48 AM
New pics I cannot load them on this forum but I can email them to anyone.

I did have the cable hooked up before and the little hose in the top of injector but no oil comes out when the quad was running or shut off. I did check the large hose coming from the oil tank it does have oil going to the injector.

Also the pic of the carb the does that little hose should get hooked up to that fitting on the side of the carb?

Thanks again Joe

MWMKX250
03-02-2008, 06:51 AM
You should have a big hose coming from the oil tank to the pump and a little hose going from the pump to the front side of the carb. Make sure your throttle cable connects to the carburetor AND the oil pump.

Hope thaht helps.

Mike

jkkclfamily
03-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Thank you,
I did have all that hocked up but to make sure the injector was pumping I took the small hose off the carb and no oil is coming out, when to quad is running at idle or full throttle.

Thanks for trying to help.
Joe

backinsaddle
03-02-2008, 12:21 PM
did you take out the oil pump and make sure the plastic drive gear is still good?

jkkclfamily
03-02-2008, 01:26 PM
I will check for the drive gear need to get a pulley.
Thank you

hotquads1
03-02-2008, 08:34 PM
you may need to flush out the lines and pump with some solvent to clear from any debris and confirm that injection oil is in tank , it is thinner than pre-mix oil. new pump and gear may be the answer , not much cost.
marc