PDA

View Full Version : anyone put honda calipers on a kfx??

450raider
03-01-2008, 07:02 PM
im thinking about it because i read in a mag or somewhere that some racers put rear honda calipers on the kfx for better stopping and while i dismissed it at bfirst today i just took a look and compared the 2 and the honda one is a little bigger so if i was to try it (just to have something to do of course) what all would i need? just the caliper and brakepads and any guesses on how installation would be?

thanks

450raider
03-01-2008, 07:34 PM
ok scratch that, this info still maybe useful to someone but i just looked at how much those calipers run and said fuuuorget that! so i looked into some brake pads and i found 2 tusk ones (hey they do make good stuff) made out of different stuff which is better "carbon" or "sintered metal"?

QUADROOKIE
03-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Try this.

http://www.myspace.com/glanninnovations

John is a great guy and has some great products.

Tell him Quadrookie sent ya. ;)

mod440ex
03-02-2008, 12:06 AM
i just sent him a friend request on myspace. what exactly does he do for the caliper, or is that a new one in the pics?

08mxkfx
03-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Lonestar makes the conversion kit. It includes a new brake caliper mount and and rotor hub for $130. Then you need to purchase a 450 caliper and rotor.

QUADROOKIE
03-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by mod440ex
i just sent him a friend request on myspace. what exactly does he do for the caliper, or is that a new one in the pics?
I' not sure what all e does. Talk to him. he can make just about anything.