PDA

View Full Version : Supporting member question.

shadowwalker
03-01-2008, 12:39 PM
If you buy stuff from the ATVriders store, do you become a supporting member, or do you have to straight up donate?

Just wondering cause I am in need of a new hat and some stickers.

<DRS>GPF
03-04-2008, 11:40 AM
have you gotten an answer?(in the way of a PM or email perhaps..)

i was curious about this as well, as i already have t-shirts, stickers... maybe a hat somewhere.

shadowwalker
03-04-2008, 02:10 PM
No, but I think it would be benneficial to offer it with say $30 or more purchased. To me that is a bigger incentive to purchase things if you get the supporting member status. We are advertising the site on our dime by buying things. This creates more traffic which you can show to potential and current advertisers, and brings more traffic to our sponsors like C&D and Pappy.

If I have to pay for the merchandise and supporting membership I am either going to order less to offset the cost.

Still waiting for an answer, or see if this is a reasonable thing to ask for.

<DRS>GPF
03-10-2008, 11:32 AM
bump..

<DRS>GPF
03-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by shadowwalker
If you buy stuff from the ATVriders store, do you become a supporting member, or do you have to straight up donate?

Just wondering cause I am in need of a new hat and some stickers.

I emailed Harlen and you need to 'straight up donate'., but I got the new dark grey w/red t-shirt anyway..

Pappy
03-15-2008, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by shadowwalker
No, but I think it would be benneficial to offer it with say $30 or more purchased. To me that is a bigger incentive to purchase things if you get the supporting member status. We are advertising the site on our dime by buying things. This creates more traffic which you can show to potential and current advertisers, and brings more traffic to our sponsors like C&D and Pappy.

If I have to pay for the merchandise and supporting membership I am either going to order less to offset the cost.

Still waiting for an answer, or see if this is a reasonable thing to ask for.

I like this idea as well. I do know that we have been hammered by site issues that have taken so much time and money away from doing new things but hopefully soon we will see some serious improvements. I also know that Harlen doesnt want to rely on donations or site garb sales to help offset the site, but every dime does help, especially now that we have more expenses then just keeping this site rolling. Support it where you can, t shirts, stickers, buy a photo etc, it all helps no matter how small!