PDA

View Full Version : brakelines

SicRipp83
03-01-2008, 11:40 AM
hey guys i need to know what everyone did with their brake lines when they put wider bars, extended steering stem. did you replace the whole line down to the box that slpits the lines to the front tires or did you replace just the rubber part. and any info where you got the parts would be great thanks

Scro
03-01-2008, 03:04 PM
You would be better off getting a set of stainless steel braided lines. It will give you better braking power, and they will be the right length.

You can go two ways with this. They make a set of line that have the "T", and mounts just like the stock lines. You would have just one line coming out of the master cylinder. They also make a dual line kit that is two completely separate lines that run from the master cylinder down to each caliper. There is no real advantage to the dual line setup, except maybe that there is a little more fluid.

SicRipp83
03-01-2008, 03:52 PM
who makes the twin line set up?? i need like an extra 4 in i really dont know what to measure either

SicRipp83
03-02-2008, 08:44 AM
come on guys i know alot of you have the twin line set up iv seen it in your pics

bloodmoney23
03-02-2008, 10:45 AM
they have them at a lot of places. I got mine from lonestar along with the rest of my stuff. its www.lsracing.com and im sure dennis kirk has them too.