PDA

View Full Version : Stealership

STUNTIN400EX
03-01-2008, 11:21 AM
GOT MY TAX CHECK IN THE MAIL THIS LAST WEEK AND I THOUGHT I WOULD GO TO SOME OF THE LOCAL DEALERSHIPS AND SEE WHAT KIND OF DEALS THEY HAD ON 450R TAKE OFFS. WELL WE HAD THE DEALER EXPO HERE IN INDY 2 WEEKS AGO, AND THE DEALER I WENT TO TODAY HAD 2 NEW 450 WITH ISHOCK FRONT ENDS. SO I ASKED IF THEY STILL HAD THE OEM SHOCKS AND WHAT THEY WANTED FOR THEM. WELL THEY GUY AT THE PARTS COUNTER WENT IN TO THE BACK AND CAME BACK WITH THE PRICE. 800 BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR STOCK TAKE OFFS THAT WHERE JUST TAKEN UP SPACE IN THEIR SHOP. WELL NEEDLESS TO SAY I SAID THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND LEFT.:grr:

Ruby Soho
03-01-2008, 11:22 AM
:eek2: 800$ WOW!

i just bought some 07 take-offs for 197 on ebay:p

TRXRacer1
03-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Damn that all caps *shaking fist like an old man*

I could see double the street value being a dealer but 4x, that's just stupid.

STUNTIN400EX
03-01-2008, 11:28 AM
TELL ME ABOUT IT. THEY ARE JUST RYIN 2 RECOUP THE LOSS ON THE 450'S THEY HAD WITH 2000 BUCKS WORTH OF AFTERMARKET SUSPENSION UPGRADES. THEY WHERE ASKING ROUND 10K FOR THE UPGRADED 450. YOU CAN BUY A 1000RR FOR THAT!:eek2:

flauge
03-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Thats why I try to stay away from the stealerships.:scary:

STUNTIN400EX
03-01-2008, 11:57 AM
THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE IT A SHOT! THEN I COULD HAVE GOTTEN BRAND NEW OEM SHOCKS. NOT ONES OFF EBAY THAT I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT. BUT HEY GUESS ITS EBAY FOR ME!!:ermm:

greenblood01
03-01-2008, 05:02 PM
I don't like reading posts that burn dealerships, due to the fact that I work at a Honda dealership. I'm not saying some aren't out to get you, but I would like to let you know what all aren't. We generally sell any take off parts much cheaper than brand new would be, mainly being Rhino tires and wheels. (as we deal Yamaha also). I don't understand how they could ask $800 for factory shocks, when I'm not sure that retail is even that high. As for selling the decked 450R's for 10k, that could be a deal depending on how much they have done to them. We always keep a Rhino 700 on the floor with a tire/wheel kit, fender flares, bumper, poly or aluminun top, and who knows what else. I believe a new 1000RR would have to sell higher for 10k, beings the Graffiti Edition 600RR retails at $9,999. I'm not disagreing that the dealership is trying to stick it to someone, I just want to let you know that all dealerships are not like that.

boosted3g
03-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Ebay or aff boards like this are the best place for used parts. Dealerships are good for new factory parts and new quads. Granted some dealerships you wonder how they stay in business. For instance i bought a new 07 40ex in october and i stopped in the local dealership and the lowest i could get them was 5800 otd. I knew that credit was not going to be problem so i left and just started calling around since there are dealers everywhere around me. I ended up driving about 10 miles further but i got one for 5600 otd with all new riding gear and an HMF. Makes you wonder why they wouldnt want to come down on price since i told the original dealer from the start that if he told me numbers i liked it take it home that day.

03-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by greenblood01
I don't like reading posts that burn dealerships, due to the fact that I work at a Honda dealership. I'm not saying some aren't out to get you, but I would like to let you know what all aren't. We generally sell any take off parts much cheaper than brand new would be, mainly being Rhino tires and wheels. (as we deal Yamaha also). I don't understand how they could ask $800 for factory shocks, when I'm not sure that retail is even that high. As for selling the decked 450R's for 10k, that could be a deal depending on how much they have done to them. We always keep a Rhino 700 on the floor with a tire/wheel kit, fender flares, bumper, poly or aluminun top, and who knows what else. I believe a new 1000RR would have to sell higher for 10k, beings the Graffiti Edition 600RR retails at $9,999. I'm not disagreing that the dealership is trying to stick it to someone, I just want to let you know that all dealerships are not like that.

I agree. I work at a dealership too and 10k really could be a reasonable price if they have a lot of money invested in building the machine. We have an '08 YFZ450 on the floor right now for $9200 which is a really good deal considering how much stuff is on it and how much time our service dept. has in it. $800 bucks is probably a little steep for factory take-off parts, but as greenblood01 said, not all dealerships are out to rip heads like everyone lets on.

greenblood01
03-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Ben_Johnson
I agree. I work at a dealership too and 10k really could be a reasonable price if they have a lot of money invested in building the machine. We have an '08 YFZ450 on the floor right now for $9200 which is a really good deal considering how much stuff is on it and how much time our service dept. has in it. $800 bucks is probably a little steep for factory take-off parts, but as greenblood01 said, not all dealerships are out to rip heads like everyone lets on.

I'm happy I'm not alone on this one ben. I wish there were more demand for sport quads around here, so we could trick some more brand new stuff out. The biggest display sport quad we did was a white '07 450R with complete HRC kit, AC nerf bars, front bumper, and C-series wheels.

03-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by greenblood01
I'm happy I'm not alone on this one ben. I wish there were more demand for sport quads around here, so we could trick some more brand new stuff out. The biggest display sport quad we did was a white '07 450R with complete HRC kit, AC nerf bars, front bumper, and C-series wheels.

Historically there hasn't been a huge following for the sport quads here yet either despite being right in the middle of some awesome riding areas. That's something we're trying to change. We have done a ton of Rhino's and a lot of ITP wheel/tire kits on the utility quads, but we have just recently started trying to push the sport quads and accessories for them. I've got the Sales Manager really turned on to doing more of the sport quads as long as we have a decent turn-around on them and are able to sell more accessories for them by doing the displays and showing what is possible for people to do.

STUNTIN400EX
03-02-2008, 10:17 PM
thats great that you guys and the dealerships you work at are stand up. but i was only referring to my own personal experience. there was no motor work done just a set of hyrdo +2 a-arms a a set of i shock springs and bling star graphics. the quad was awesome, but to ask 800 for a set of factory 450r shocks is INSANE!!!!

03-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by STUNTIN400EX
thats great that you guys and the dealerships you work at are stand up. but i was only referring to my own personal experience. there was no motor work done just a set of hyrdo +2 a-arms a a set of i shock springs and bling star graphics. the quad was awesome, but to ask 800 for a set of factory 450r shocks is INSANE!!!!

That price is a good bit cheaper than retail, but considering that they are factory take-offs and the dealership will be making 100% profit off of whatever they sell them for, that price is way too high. They'll realize that a couple of years from now when they sell them on e-bay for whatever they can get for them.

STUNTIN400EX
03-04-2008, 07:46 PM
puttin the shocks on ebay was what they told me they were going to do with them ne way! so there is no way the would gey close to 300 dollars. guess it just turned me off, especially when it is the dealership that i bought my quad off of and they gave me a really good deal.

03-05-2008, 01:53 PM
boosted3g please check your PM's I sent you one regarding the a-arms

03-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by STUNTIN400EX
puttin the shocks on ebay was what they told me they were going to do with them ne way! so there is no way the would gey close to 300 dollars. guess it just turned me off, especially when it is the dealership that i bought my quad off of and they gave me a really good deal.

Yeah, they should take care of you a little better than that since you purchased your atv there. I understand that they want to make money, but they could still be reasonable.