PDA

View Full Version : rebuild my ohlins or buy new elkas?

ZSNOW
02-29-2008, 09:05 PM
i got my 250r close to a year ago. the guy i bought it off of hadn't ridden it in years! so the suspension was pretty bad from sitting for so long. then i pushed it to its limits last year at the track. so my question is. should i rebuild the ohlins that are on it? or do i find elkas? would elka rebuild ohlins shocks?

as always
thanks guys/gals
Zack

02-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Get C&D racing to rebuild your Ohlins, rebuilt Ohlins would deffinately be better than any factory Elka shock that the average guy buys.

nickmelll
03-01-2008, 08:11 AM
it depends on the ohlins you have i bought the cheap ones (non adj except preload) for my blaster and they were way to soft so i tryed to have them rebuid and made stiffer but there is something different about them and my local guy would have had to send them away and it would have been like 400$ and no gaurentee that they would be right.... if you have those you would be better off geting the elkas... i would check on ebay ive seen sets of peps for for pretty cheap.

nickmelll
03-01-2008, 08:14 AM
also im not sure if they make them but you may want to try the fox floats( if they make them for an R)... they are around 650 for the non ressys

ZSNOW
03-01-2008, 08:26 AM
i cant do anything but elkas or rebuild the ohlins i have( see sig)

i THINK my ohlins are completely adjustable(compression rebound preload)

nickmelll
03-01-2008, 08:40 AM
o ok sorry i didnt see that ... i would just try to redo the ohlins

bradley300
03-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
Get C&D racing to rebuild your Ohlins, rebuilt Ohlins would deffinately be better than any factory Elka shock that the average guy buys.

i agree

bradley300
03-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by nickmelll
there is something different about them and my local guy would have had to send them away

thats probably the PDS system on the inside. i'm not 100% sure what it is, but any of the big re-valvers like GT Thunder, DeRisi, and probably C and D shold know what it is and not have any issues with it

ZSNOW
03-01-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by nickmelll
o ok sorry i didnt see that ... i would just try to redo the ohlins

hey man, i didn't mean that to sound "mean" incase you took it that way. i was just pointing it out.:)

d kelley
03-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Why cant yo use any other shock? Because Elka is your sponsor? If you mean sponsor as in they are giving you shocks then whats the problem. If you mean sponsor as in they are giving you a 10-15% discount, you should tell them to pound sand. Elka has the worst customer service I have dealt with. Sponsorship that means you must BUY their products is not a sponsorship, it is a discount! I had them service rebuild a set of elites last year and told them to set them up for MX, they sent the shocks back to me set up with desert valving, and told me they would be better for me than what I requested. When they were the same terrible shocks I sent them, they wanted more money to revalve them again. sending shocks to Canada is a 3 week at least deal. Buy what ever shock you want.

Colby@C&DRacing
03-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Sounds like you already have a quality shock, they just need to be serviced and looked over. As for them being PDS we see that used more in the rear but it is an option in the fronts. Give us a call we can take care of them for you.