PDA

View Full Version : Custom Axis X link

mx4christ
02-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the X link Custom Axis shocks? It basically combines the front shock reservoirs into one to help with body roll in the turns but I wonder if it has any drawbacks. Is the X link a perfect upgrade that only increases the performance of the shock while having no drawbacks (other than price)?

Honda#4
03-01-2008, 08:49 AM
I just posted this topic yesterday in the open forum LOL!:D

ben300
03-03-2008, 06:07 PM
ok....wheres the stock rebuild fans out there....im sure theres got to be something wrong with this new system...

no in all honest...i saw the ad for this and thought it looked cool. i'd like to know how it works and if there is any real benefit from this system too.

Colby@C&DRacing
03-04-2008, 08:57 AM
The only thing I see wrong is that you will get a little cross talk from one shock to the other. this will cause a stiff shock issue in certain situations but other than that it is a good idea

mx4christ
03-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
The only thing I see wrong is that you will get a little cross talk from one shock to the other. this will cause a stiff shock issue in certain situations but other than that it is a good idea
I was thinking the same thing but Custom Axis claims that there is ZERO "cross talk". I'd like to get an unbiased opinion though.

number52
03-04-2008, 09:20 PM
I'd say they have it figured out so I wouldn't worry about it! They've been running this setup on Formula 1 cars for 10 years so they know how it works.