PDA

View Full Version : 04/05 crank rod problems

kbh78
02-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Does any one know if any one is modifying the oil passage or what exatly the problem is with the rod bearing failing on all the 04/05?

xcracer416
02-29-2008, 10:01 PM
there is a sticky at the top of this forum on whats going on with them

kbh78
03-01-2008, 12:25 PM
I read that and it talks about replacing crank bearings the rod bearings are the ones we see failing it might be related to the forum above I don't know that is what I am asking but I have seen about 3-4 04/05 fail and its the rod bearing not the crank bearing so I didn't know if it is a oiling problem or it related to the forum above?

400exrider707
03-01-2008, 04:49 PM
I think it's more of a problem of leaving that bearing in there for too long. Mine went out last winter, put a new OEM rod and crank in, but this year I have a different problem. I didn't modify anything and don't plan on it. Honda has more knowledge on the subject than I do, so I trust the engineering that went into the motor, which is why I still ride Honda. It's a bearing, with a LOT of force being applied, on a race motor. It should be replaced. I would say a safe bet would be once a season depending on how much you ride. JMO.

kbh78
03-02-2008, 07:00 AM
Yea most of these quads are raced that I have seen the rods going bad in. My other buddies that just rec ride haven had a problem with thier quad. I have an 06 I don't know if the rod might go in it soon or not cause they changed the motor a little and I have an Hrc kit.