PDA

View Full Version : more mods/'07trx250ex

rescuescrub
02-29-2008, 06:14 PM
hey all. got some stuff on the way for me and sons atv. a/c stuff, razrs all around.wondering about exaust and filter. k/n air filter is on ther now guess its ok. but what exaust is good for the $$$? im sure a full sys is the way to go. and as far as a good jet kit...??? heard bout k/n, fmh i think and others...want to do all i can but think im gonna wait on a rev box . dont need to blow it....thnxs from and old guy....

m.h.s.c.#527
02-29-2008, 07:33 PM
id go hmf or sparks on the pipe and get a big gun rev box the timing curves are amazing just got mine

250excrf250r
03-01-2008, 07:42 AM
get a hmf because it is the most common and yet the cheapest you can go to hmf's website and but the full system for 310 dollars. for airfilters i would get a twin air or no toil or uni because they are foam and you can also run with no lid. if you gat kandn you have to keep it on because k,n suck alot of dirt. for jetkits the most common i know of is dynojet. i run dyno jerts and they work great.

BlasterEaten250
03-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by 250excrf250r
if you gat kandn you have to keep it on because k,n suck alot of dirt. Just keep the K&N clean and it will be fine. People are just too lazy. Don't get an HMF if you will be riding in noise sensitive areas.

TRXRacer1
03-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
Just keep the K&N clean and it will be fine. People are just too lazy. Don't get an HMF if you will be riding in noise sensitive areas. X2, on both

250excrf250r
03-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
Just keep the K&N clean and it will be fine. People are just too lazy. Don't get an HMF if you will be riding in noise sensitive areas.

then wat do u suggest he getts all aftermartket exhausts are loud if you take te spark arrester out but hmf you can buy a turn down end cap for 25 bucks

BlasterEaten250
03-04-2008, 03:04 PM
The White brothers e series can be pretty quiet along with big gun systems (with the vortex or regular quiet core insert), both of which are available for the 250. My brother has an hmf with a quiet core and its still very loud.

exrider12
03-04-2008, 06:25 PM
dont wrry about the hmf bein to loud. i ride trails all the time and there isnt a problem

BR16250
03-10-2008, 10:55 AM
EX-what is the rev limit on the procom? because the big gun doesnt add much

Honda10
03-10-2008, 04:18 PM
AMR makes a stage 2 and 3 rev box, the stage two gives up to 1000rpms and the stage 3 gives 1200+ rpms.

03-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by 250excrf250r
then wat do u suggest he getts all aftermartket exhausts are loud if you take te spark arrester out but hmf you can buy a turn down end cap for 25 bucks

are you aware of that the "turn down" end cap is simply the same end cap as you get from the sport series. "turn down" as in it turns the exhaust flow down towards the ground for MX where its required. They have the Vector "turn down" which who knows why its listed as that because its basically a straight shot with no angle but it has no affect on sound. You could also just buy the quiet core. The 250ex isnt that loud with an HMF anyways.

prairiemonster
03-10-2008, 05:10 PM
If you ride around the yard, farm, or woods trails the K/N is ok but if you do dust, water, or mud it is not ok.K/N will flow the most air for sure but they also flow the most dirt.Take your quad for about a 2hr ride wherever you ride at most of the time.Then pop that k/n off the carb and run your finger around the inside edge of the carb if your finger comes out with nothing but gas on it you are good to go but if it has dirt in it scrap that filter and get foam one.If the gas on your finger is brown or cream colored that
is the dirt.
As for the jet kit you do not have much of a choice dyna-jet is about it,and yea they suck too but if that's all you got, you have to go with it.
I'm not going to say what pipe is better because me and knowbody else really knows either.That depends on how you ride and where you ride.Most pipes are not made for a wide rpm range
they are made for power in just certain rpm ranges low, middle or high,it's your choice and needs.In the end it will most likely come down to the all mighty dollar.
About the cdi/rev box, here again not going to say what brand to use but I will tell you a good secret about them if you do not tell anyone else.Very simple, keep your battery fully charged just 1/8 to1/2 volt less can rob you of 1-3 hp,if you doubt me write the company you buy it from and see what say.If your not 60 yet do not try to take my title as the old man!
:p :macho :)

prairiemonster
03-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by BR16250
EX-what is the rev limit on the procom? because the big gun doesnt add much The pro com does 1200+ also,water is the killer for most after market boxs a hotter spark will help more than 1200 rpms.

250excrf250r
03-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
are you aware of that the "turn down" end cap is simply the same end cap as you get from the sport series. "turn down" as in it turns the exhaust flow down towards the ground for MX where its required. They have the Vector "turn down" which who knows why its listed as that because its basically a straight shot with no angle but it has no affect on sound. You could also just buy the quiet core. The 250ex isnt that loud with an HMF anyways.

no i wasnt i thought the quiet core and turn down were the same because turn down could mean alot of things but, you do make sence about that thought and i did orrigionally mean the instert the quiet the noise.