PDA

View Full Version : danget :(

derekhonda
11-19-2002, 06:13 PM
I just called the place i raced mx at last year to see when practice would start...i guess they went out of business or something. After i just bought that 250f to motocross too. Danget

TC17
11-19-2002, 06:23 PM
maybe they just closed early for the season? that sucks. i hope you can find another track to race on.

derekhonda
11-19-2002, 06:44 PM
nope, message said there landloards (it was at a fairgrounds) didnt want them there anymore, and they couldnt think of any land anywhere close :(

Ryan
11-19-2002, 07:31 PM
That really sucks, is it that they didn't want a motocross track their?

11-19-2002, 07:34 PM
sorry man. maybe tyhere is somewhere else u can ride

trx400ex
11-19-2002, 08:25 PM
INDY MX?

derekhonda
11-19-2002, 09:29 PM
yep indy mx....no more

there are a few other places i can ride, further away, and harder tracks, i was really thinking i would win the 125 c class this year there though

Texan32
11-20-2002, 08:20 AM
derek, i feel your pain 100% we have a pretty sweet track here at our fairground too. Take a guess how many times it gets used......2 times a year!!!!! There are beautiful patches of green grass growing in the middle of the lanes:eek:

The fairgrounds owns the land and the track, but a local dealership leases it. The owner (who is a known A-hole) shows NO support for racing in this town, and that is SAD! There are entirely too many quads and bikes in this area not to be running races on a regular basis. I can only guess he just doesn't want to put in the effort to organizing a schedule.

If i were you, i would get ahold of the fairgorunds commision and see what their plans are. Who knows, perhaps you could organize enough people to open it up yourselves.

My buddy and i (until he got sent to Saudi Arabia) used to drive 8 hours to go to a XC race. There is NO racing in North Dakota...and i just don't understand that. GOD, i can't wait to get back to Texas!!!!!

Racing Rice
11-20-2002, 12:24 PM
I know how it is too.

The local track just closed down here too.. Due to management issues. Hopefully they figure something out and will open back up. A friend and I are going to go over there and see if we can help the guy out with anything. If not we are stuck trying to find people that have land to ride on.:(

QuadTrix6
11-21-2002, 12:47 PM
i hear ya bro, theres a track here that might close due to poor attendence, which i think is mainly due to the weather, it has been raining every weekend but hopefully it won't close or im gonna have to drive far just to ride :grr

11-21-2002, 09:49 PM
http://www.readsracing.com heres a series ran in north central indiana. all the tracks are nice. you should check them out. indy mx was kinda lame anyways

derekhonda
11-21-2002, 11:07 PM
yeah, thats actually why i liked it, I KNEW i wouldnt get hurt there, all table tops and swooping doubles. Plus I thought INdy mx was kinda far (45 minutes for me) and thats the closest place.

Ohwell, thanks for the link Ill check it out

trx400ex
11-23-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by MX#132
http://www.readsracing.com heres a series ran in north central indiana. all the tracks are nice. you should check them out. indy mx was kinda lame anyways
DEF. lame, but i was planning on going there next year too, oh well, just have to go to better tracks.. do you race mx?

stocktires
11-23-2002, 11:54 AM
I feel bad for you guys, theres a decent amount of racing around here and about 4-5 tracks that are within an 1 1/2 hrs of me.

You could always build a track (friends with land are kewl), but liability sux

trx400ex
11-23-2002, 01:31 PM
My favorite track is only a couple minutes, i mean 5 hours, away from me.... www.blackrockmotocross.com really i dont think indiana is that bad off...sure the NE states have way more, but as you go further south and west i think theres pretty slim pickings