PDA

View Full Version : blown banshee

superchevy
02-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone had any ideas i ended up blowin up my banshee locked up the bearing and the whole lower end is screwed i was wondering what i should do or where i could get a whole lower end that is assembled and all for cheap any ideas help me out thanks

Hondamaster5505
03-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by superchevy
Hey just wondering if anyone had any ideas i ended up blowin up my banshee locked up the bearing and the whole lower end is screwed i was wondering what i should do or where i could get a whole lower end that is assembled and all for cheap any ideas help me out thanks

Well, your in a sucky situation.

Find a crank on ebay. Preferably a trued and welded one.

Your gonna have to split the case, which is a pain in the arse. Do you know anyone that works at a yamaha dealer that can do it for you? You can put an all new crank and bearings in the bottom end. You can do it, buts like i said its a pain.

As far as top end, all we run is wiesco pro-lites. They're known and trusted, and the only piston we will ever run. Have your cylinders bored by a local machine shop, but make sure he knows what he doing.
After they're bored to match the pistons you buy, you can easily reassemble the head.

On ebay they have complete rebuil kits, gaskets and all, for about $150 shipped.

Dinner
03-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Just curious as to what area you are from?

And it depends if you want to have this one rebuilt, or buy a complete used engine. You can usually buy stock cranks for fairly cheap, and who knows they may be trued and welded already. And if your tranny, clutch, cases, etc are all fine. Then it would just be putting in a new crank, honing or boring your cylinders and getting the pistons to match that hone/boring. Also make sure to get all new gaskets, seals and bearings when you replace the crank.

Or if you wanted, you could try to find a complete engine for sale. I know of a 421 cub on Alky that is for sale, complete engine!

99banshee
03-24-2008, 09:22 PM
I just had to do the same thing to mine and i bought the complete wiseco pro lite top end off of www.motosport.com for 159.99 and free two day shipping and i bought the complete wiseco bottom end with everything u need to build it for 400.00 on ebay and another good investment when completely building it is to buy a pingle dual petcock vavle to keep the left side from running so lean cause thats usually the side that blows first! The dual petcock vavle will keep both sides the same. A high flow impeller isn't a bad idea either to help keep it running cool!

superchevy
03-25-2008, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the help guys yeah found some parts on ebay a buddy of mine is goin to school for buildin this **** so sent it down to him hes fixin it all up iam open for any other ideas of keepin this thing cool and lastign so i dont blow it up again..

Dinner
03-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by superchevy
Thanks for the help guys yeah found some parts on ebay a buddy of mine is goin to school for buildin this **** so sent it down to him hes fixin it all up iam open for any other ideas of keepin this thing cool and lastign so i dont blow it up again..

What is your oil/fuel mixture? What is your altitude, temperature and jetting in your carbs right now (and also what are all your mods?)

As long as you have your jetting spot on or fairly close, there are no air leaks anywhere in your engine, you are not sucking in case oil into the crank and cylinders, and you are watching your overflow of your coolant bottle so you know when you are running the engine fairly warm, you should not have to worry or have a problem with blowing/seizing your engine.

The stock cooling system can handle a lot, like yea I've gotten my engine fairly warm on hills climbs and drags right after eachother to have my coolant bubbling out of my overflow, but I havn't blown or seized my engine yet.

Nick08
06-21-2008, 12:47 PM
if you still have it blown up and would be interested in selling i might buy it because i am looking for a blown banshee to fix up