PDA

View Full Version : 450r case cracking?

ridding4fun
02-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Has anyone else had any problems with the case cracking just behind the kicker on an 05 450r, My brothers has done this 2 times. The first time we replaced the side cover with a brand new one and now it has cracked again. Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else?

duke416ex
02-29-2008, 02:51 PM
I am about to replace mine for the second time. It is caused by the kicker comes back up hard when you are trying to start it.

Scro
02-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Giving it gas while kicking will cause it to kick back like duke is talking about. But it does happen on occasion without giving it gas.

desratt
02-29-2008, 04:43 PM
I had it happen several times on my 04 but not yet on my 06 kicker thank god.....after tons of looking in to this what it all appears to stem from is the ignition sparking before top dead center when the engine isn't turning over fast enough causing the engine to try and fire backwards.. so when you give it gas kicking it over the throttle position sensor thinks your trying to speed up and advances the ignition... also if you are not running the (TPS) it defalts to full advance. and also changing your cdi can play with that too.

NJ450rider
02-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Yeah its what happens when your calf and thigh muscles get huge from kicking so much. LOL jk

Yeah its common with 04/05 R's. Gotta try not to give it gas when you kick it. Also never kick the first time. Cycle through one time and then kick it.

ridding4fun
02-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Ok guys, thanks for the info,, We were hoping that someone else is having the same problem. now we have an issue, so we can address it!