PDA

View Full Version : Custom Axis X-Link

Honda#4
02-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Just wondering if any one has heard about them or seem them or has one on there quad, I saw it in a atv insider magazine I got and it looks pretty trick. Says they retail for 250 bucks each.

Honda#4
02-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Here's a somewhat pic of it

NacsMXer
02-29-2008, 12:42 PM
I don't get it, what is it? Is it the thing where the shocks share a common reservoir? I've only seen it on some pro's quads like Byrd, Brown, etc.

Honda#4
02-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Yea it's a cross-linking system between both shocks providing added anti-roll stability,more "Planted" feel in turns,Increased Anti-Bottoming effect and extra plush ride.

54warrior
02-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
Yea it's a cross-linking system between both shocks providing added anti-roll stability,more "Planted" feel in turns,Increased Anti-Bottoming effect and extra plush ride.

You sound like a spokesman!

250r rider 88
02-29-2008, 01:20 PM
i got to see it up close at the Wildcat WPSA race last year on keith littles honda, very trick piece, is it available to the regular joe yet or just certain pros? im interested if any advantage is gained from it or not

54warrior
02-29-2008, 01:22 PM
It's probably one of those items that will make a slight difference for the pro guys and make them 1/10th of a second faster, but for the average joe, it won't make any difference.

02-29-2008, 01:46 PM
sounds like a good idea.

54warrior
02-29-2008, 01:55 PM
It's not gonna make a C class rider a B class rider, and it's not gonna make an A class rider a PRO class rider. The most it will do is make a 10th place rider an 5th place rider, and quite honestly, luck has more to do with that than any part you can bolt on.

TWILES
02-29-2008, 02:08 PM
It looks like its a good set-up. Unless I'm wrong, when one shock is compressed, the other has more air to compress making it stiffer. It makes the shocks work off eachother instead of totally independant. With that big tank they should fall back down a little faster and come up easier letting the shock work more off compressed air instead of the spring. Its almost like the front-end should be like a swingarm and straight axle that flexes like the old Honda (or arctic cat one) 4x4 swingarms that had a shock on each side. It probably handles really good.

Honda#4
02-29-2008, 03:49 PM
You sound like a spokesman!

LOL! I got it outta my atv magazine.

1fst400
02-29-2008, 09:54 PM
seems like it would act simular to a sway bar

TheNewn
03-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by TWILES
It looks like its a good set-up. Unless I'm wrong, when one shock is compressed, the other has more air to compress making it stiffer. It makes the shocks work off eachother instead of totally independant. With that big tank they should fall back down a little faster and come up easier letting the shock work more off compressed air instead of the spring. Its almost like the front-end should be like a swingarm and straight axle that flexes like the old Honda (or arctic cat one) 4x4 swingarms that had a shock on each side. It probably handles really good.

From what i can gather, you're talking about 'cross talk' between the shocks. And also from what i gather, Custom Axis says there will be no 'cross talk' between the shocks.

Anyway, very interesting Idea. All the companies are doing more of the same lately, its an approach in an ever so slightly different direction i guess.

Nac's22
03-05-2008, 05:33 PM
2 friends of mine have them on their quads. its is a really trick set up and its supposed to perform better because of the bigger tank they can now have more fluid. 1 is an A class rider and has them on both his race and practice yfz. the other is just starting A class and is getting them. very expencive stuff from what i have been told. from what i have seen the performance on them are great as well.

flyin#5
03-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Very interesting.... it seems maybe sharing the same resivour for both front shocks would do the same thing.

paul_700
04-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Fox played around with the hydraulic linking back around 2002 with shocks for snocross racing to control weight transfer from front to back and keep the front end from wheelying excessively. It made a noticeable difference so I can see why CA is trying it. It acts pretty much like a swaybar like others have said. I think one reason fox went away from it is it made tuning more complicated and they were a ***** to bleed completely when servicing.

I'm interested to hear what you guys think if you get a setup. Seems like it'll be worth the cash only to the high level racers or to guys who just need the latest greatest technology. I could be wrong though.

esr250r86
04-10-2008, 12:53 PM
That quad right there is Joey Stellas. Here races ITP Quadcross here on the west and I know him. He really likes the set-up he said. I think I would too! my reg lt axis work great and my fox evols are good too, but evols have alot of body roll and my axis feel like they dont have any at all and its too stiff! So maybe these shocks would be the happy medium!:)