PDA

View Full Version : can you get a overbore 330 piston kit from FST?

maddmatt02
02-29-2008, 01:29 AM
ok, my sisters got a 330ex, its a four stroke tech kit. now about a year ago the little kids were riding it and they sit close to the limiter all day in the lower gears, as well as somehow dislodge the air filter and suck sand all day. needless to say this engine has about no power compared to 2 years ago when fresh. I am gonna get the seats recut and install new valves and also need to get a fresh cylinder and a new piston/rings in there, but would I just have the cylinder resleeved and just re-ring, or can I have the sleeve bored .010 over and get a .010 overbore piston kit from FST?

I guess it doesnt necessarily need to be a FST part as long as I have the sleeve bored to the correct measurement for the piston kit Id get. any other companys that sell 330 kits sell just a overbore piston kit?

and if it sucked sand, new valves and getting the seats recut and a fresh cylinder should be all thats needed to undo the damage right?

bwamos
02-29-2008, 07:23 AM
My piston from FST was a Weisco piston w/ the valve releifs milled fo the larger valves.

Doubt you need to get a new piston, but I beleive you can get rings that are sized ever so slightly larger for after you clean up and rehone the cylinder.

You may simply also just need new standard rings and a hone.