PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else with a Dasa exhaust...

05Z400rdr
02-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Are any of you's having problems with it getting wayyy too hot? I have a stock engine, stock intake with the lid off, cherry bomb, and the pciii. After trying a few maps that weren't working good (getting VERY hot....very red, almost turning white), we took it to get dyno-tuned last night. After a bit of tuning to achieve about a 13.9 with the air-fuel, when being run on the dyno, once getting into the mid-high rpm's it would just turn bright red, almost white, within seconds. And it would glow about a foot back, but it wasn't running too lean or too rich, it was all tuned throughout all of the rpm's.

Then, after putting my stock exhaust on to dyno that, we something black on the mid-pipe of the Dasa. It was melted plastic, so we look and there is a hole almost the whole way through in my airbox. This was just from a few minutes on the dyno, in about a 30 degree temp. I have a very good feeling that if I would have ridden it like that, I would have burnt the whole quad up.

Also, after tuning the pciii for the stock exhaust, no spark arrestor, no lid, it was getting almost identical hp on the low end, about 1 less hp on the high end than the Dasa. Not to mention, I even had more torque with the stock exhaust. I wanted to see if anybody else ran into this? I am most likely going to Yoshi now anyway, though.

Thanks,
Landon

GSXR36
02-28-2008, 08:29 PM
I had the problem with the airbox touching too. just took a 3/4" panhead screw, took the bolt out on that side of the airbox, pushed up on the box and screwed the screw into the side. worked like a charm. As far as power, not sure because I got about 6 more hp on the dyno than with the stock. I haven't had any of the problems with it glowing.

450Rchaser
02-29-2008, 08:15 AM
I have a Dasa w/ almost the same mods except I have the fuelatv intake. As far as the pipe getting hot. I had to wrap mine cause it burnt a hole in my riding pants. When the 700 Raptor 1st came out my buddy got on and his head pipe did the same thing your talking about. We called Yamaha and they said it was normal.

LTR450_#67
02-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Yeah most header pipes do it. You won't see it most of the time during the day, but at night it's cool looking. It has to do with how thin the pipe actually is and sometimes material.

05Z400rdr
02-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I do understand and expect a pipe to get pretty hot and for it to glow maybe a little bit in the dark, but this was running so red that it was almost white, and we probably could have stuck a screwdriver through it. Also, this was just from a few minutes on the dyno, and it was only about 30 degrees at most, and it was lighted obviously. It is also not normal to melt my airbox, especially being that cold and only from a few minutes on a dyno (a fan was on it too). Thanks for the responses, and if anybody else has any, please post them.

Thanks,
Landon

Zero74
02-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Whoa very interesting experience with the dasa. Usually people only have rave reviews about it. I've been reading through alot of the dasa threads lately on multiple ltr sites, and it would seem the dasa is the holygrail of ltr pipes.

I asked this question on lt-*********** recently but I will ask here also. I want to get a pipe for my ltr but have heard that the pipe on the 08 is better than the pipe on the 06's & 07's. If this is true than how much more hp will a pipe give me over my stock 08? A dyno graph using an 08 ltr would be great to compare stock pipe with cherry bomb & lid off to dasa piped with cherry bomb lid off also.

05Z400rdr
03-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that we got a yosh slip on, and that made over 5 hp more than the dasa, and a lot more torque. If for some reason you want the dasa, it is for sale! It was only used one time, and that was on the dyno. I'll do 400 shipped.

Landon

DEVINF450R
03-07-2008, 04:24 PM
anyone used a WeaponMX pipe? I got them as a sponsor and get one REALLY cheap but I doubt I could ebay it if I didn't like it. I think they look pretty awesome though

Speed_MDS2
03-07-2008, 07:51 PM
5hp more! LOL Absolute BS.:rolleyes:

05Z400rdr
03-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Speed_MDS2
5hp more! LOL Absolute BS.:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, let me tell you man, the dyno lied to me, always does! :rolleyes:

DEVINF450R
03-07-2008, 08:24 PM
My guess is that something is bogus with your Dasa:devil:

05Z400rdr
03-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by DEVINF450R
My guess is that something is bogus with your Dasa:devil:

You may be right, too, I really don't know. I have only heard of one other person with this same problem, and everybody else seems to love their's and get a lot of power out of their's. But when it was tuned, on the pull it got almost identical resutls as the stock exhaust without the spark arrestor, lid off, cherry bomb, and pciii got. Now we put this Yosh slip-on on, tuned it, and it is getting 5 more hp and a lot more torque. That, and it was running very abnormally hot.

DEVINF450R
03-07-2008, 09:21 PM
well there had to be something wrong with the pipe... supposed to get 7-8 extra hp with yoshi and dasa full system

05Z400rdr
03-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Yeah that's what I thought, too.