PDA

View Full Version : All Irs Models Recalled

ds450maniac
02-28-2008, 05:31 PM
If you guys didn't already know, the 525 IRS are recalled I read it on the main page of polaris's website. Its recalling the following quads:
06 Outlaw 500 IRS
07 Outlaw 500 IRS
07 Outlaw 525 IRS
08 Outlaw 525 IRS

Check out polaris's website, sorry I forgot to post a link:rolleyes:

OzLinc
02-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Hazard: A retention bolt can come loose causing the rear wheels to lock-up, which poses a risk of serious injury to the rider.

Incidents/Injuries: The firm has received 11 reports of loss of control, including one rider who suffered a strained leg muscle.

One bolt????......One rider strained a leg muscle.........get a life.

It's a conspiricy by all those dis-effected Cant-Am DS450 riders........lol

Linc

wilkin250r
02-29-2008, 11:41 AM
For those of you involved, consider this your warning. We don't need posts like that on here! :mad:

xrdrsux
02-29-2008, 12:38 PM
well if it isnt supposed to be in here where does it supposed to be posted at..
Seems like a logical thing to do .. there IS a recall and i just looked it up. The topic starter didnt make anything up or try to start anything.
Is there something that im missing or what..
I got flamed for mentioning about the extended recall for the sportsman . If i was a polaris rider and it said so in my user name or the topic starters user name nothing would ever gotten brought up about not posting it up.

did all the mods get memos telling yall "dont let anyone talk about the polaris products if they are not a polaris rider" . This is getting rediculous. I check the polaris/ outlaw forum because i think they are pretty cool quads. I see something get posted about an issue with them and every one jumps in basically saying "dont you dare talk about the quad I spent my money on" WTF is wrong with this picture..
Did you guys do this when ppl talk about the yamaha raptor 06 model having a fuel pump issue.

OutlawBill
02-29-2008, 01:13 PM
I hope this not about some IRS quad's not having loctite on the rear sprocket bolts

xrdrsux
02-29-2008, 01:28 PM
yea it may be something that is simple like locktite.. I hate for something to happen to someone that is serious that could have been prevented if they was aware of it.

OutlawBill
02-29-2008, 01:48 PM
or it could be the cheap Chines bolts they use.

02-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Sam is a fat son of a ***** and he needs to go **** a cow hahahahahaha:chinese:

xrdrsux
02-29-2008, 02:11 PM
SAM ??????

ds450maniac
02-29-2008, 03:07 PM
ya thats I was trying to do by starting this thread, was to warn people about it that didn't know and I had that OzLinc guy jump down my back lol but Idk I think he was just mad and thur should be another one of my post between Ozlinc and wilkin250r but I guess that wilkin didn't like what is said back to linc idk, I didn't even say anything bad. No I don't have a polaris yet but I'm looking into getting one of the outlaws but I haven't decided yet thats why I have other threads asking about the outlaws.

02-29-2008, 03:11 PM
hey sam i was just foolin around. that was a good thing that u did cause who know how many people on here go buy um every day. and they might not of known that they were bein recalled so that may of saved a couple lives.lol:chinese:

wilkin250r
03-01-2008, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by xrdrsux
did all the mods get memos telling yall "dont let anyone talk about the polaris products if they are not a polaris rider" .

We fix problems with posts and threads, regardless of brand. If a thread goes south, I delete it, whether it be Polaris, Yamaha, or Honda, and regardless of who rides which.

The problem we are having here is that some people assumed they knew the reasons that I deleted certain posts, and they were offended. Turns out they were incorrect, and the issue has been resolved.

Believe me, it would have been easier to just delete the entire thread, but I was kind enough to leave it up because I feel the topic to be valuable information.

xrdrsux
03-01-2008, 07:15 AM
i completly agree. I cant figure out why the threads "go south" when someone mentions something about a recall or a particular problem. Its like the child comes out in grown *** men. " mommy they are picking on me" and come to find out it isnt even nearly the case.

sure the outlaw pic that i posted up may have pissed off the ppl that have issues but alot of ppl cracked a smile when they saw it.. It is funny. I asked ppl direct questions on here wanting to know the answer and i got the run around. Can someone explain.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=337889

rgasper33
03-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by xrdrsux
i completly agree. I cant figure out why the threads "go south" when someone mentions something about a recall or a particular problem. Its like the child comes out in grown *** men. " mommy they are picking on me" and come to find out it isnt even nearly the case.

sure the outlaw pic that i posted up may have pissed off the ppl that have issues but alot of ppl cracked a smile when they saw it.. It is funny. I asked ppl direct questions on here wanting to know the answer and i got the run around. Can someone explain.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=337889

What he is talkin about is not the thread topic. He deleted one post on here where a guy went off usin asterisks as swear words to bleep them out callin someone ****in **** a** and stuff like that. He deleted that post and said we dont need that on here. Nothing to do with the topic of the thread xrdrsux.

somewon
03-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Regardless of the side issues that have come up on this thread I would like to thank the original poster as I was unaware of this recall until I read this thread.

Any drive train issue can be a very serious given the circumstances. Maybe everone so far has gotten lucky and nobody had a failure when jumping, or doing other activities that would cause injury greater than a strain.

-Adam

ds450maniac
03-01-2008, 09:22 PM
your welcome somewon for the recall info, I was on Polaris's website and saw it and I figured not to many people knew so I posted it on here so you guys that have the IRS don't get hurt while riding or racing cause who wants that? not me, although I would like to die riding or racing. I had a friend that just died in a middle of a race because he suffered a massive heart attack. Its sucks losing people, specially riding buddies. Hope all you guys that have the IRS's get the recall fixed soon:muscle:

#17TBoneRacing
03-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Has this issue been confirmed as a sprocket bolt issue? I lost one of my bolts right away and noticed the rest slightly loose the second time I rode. I use LT and have not had an issue since. My bro had the same issue with his 500 IRS.

OutlawBill
03-04-2008, 08:44 AM
yes they are adding locking tabs

#17TBoneRacing
03-04-2008, 08:54 AM
OutlawBill,

Thanks for the confirmation. I see your Outlaw is listed as a 540 in your signature. Do you know what kits are avail for the 500 Fuji motor to make it bigger? My brother wants to make his bigger and can't find anything avail.

OutlawBill
03-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by #17TBoneRacing
OutlawBill,

Thanks for the confirmation. I see your Outlaw is listed as a 540 in your signature. Do you know what kits are avail for the 500 Fuji motor to make it bigger? My brother wants to make his bigger and can't find anything avail. there are a few kits for the 500 just due a search for the Predator 500 there kits from 520 too 600 + cc

LT250_JOE
03-12-2008, 06:07 PM
I just took mine to dealer for recall today. And too my amazement while loading into truck..... rear control arm bushings wasted on both sides. I think I have 2 1/2 tanks of fuel riding time since they were replace under warranty. Factory warranty expired, hopefully the sack-o-sh$% extended warranty applies.

Oh well off to bristol motorspeedway until tuesday.

ds450maniac
03-12-2008, 06:48 PM
sorry to hear about that Joe, that sucks hopefully your extended warranty does cover everything. Good luck though

ojcool
03-21-2008, 07:33 PM
So can we confirm what the recall actually is? For those of us who want to fix it themselves, maybe just get the parts from the dealer so I don't have to wait an eternity for them to do it.

jjd223
03-22-2008, 06:28 AM
The recall is for the rear sprocket bolts becoming loose and potentially falling out. I recieved the recall notice from Polaris.

LT250_JOE
03-22-2008, 09:42 AM
I called my dealer today for a status update. Music to my ears!!! All rear upper and lower arm bushings/bearings to be replaced and updated. Parts will be in on Friday. Extended warranty covering everything !!!

Recall Already done. I'll post pics of rear sprocket/ recall.

xrdrsux
03-22-2008, 08:45 PM
everybody ok.. no body hurt ??????????

ojcool
03-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Actually I'm kind of surprised that the worst injury is a "pulled leg muscle" I ride my quads on asphalt at times and I can't imagine the rear tires just suddenly locking up without warning at 40 mph. Or even 15mph for that matter. Kind of makes you think while you're riding.

ds450maniac
03-23-2008, 11:01 AM
ya that would suck bad if your wheels locked up going that fast all I can think is OUCH!!! lol

LT250_JOE
04-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Picked mine up today. Not the greatest shot, but you can see the hardened bolts and retainers. Took 4 weeks.

eerhard09
04-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Are you kidding Joe?? 4 EFFIN WEEKS???? I just called my dealer today and they said bring it up. I took it up, unloaded it, waited about 5 minutes, then loaded it back up and came home. I was at the dealer no longer than 20 minutes for everything. They have had the parts in stock since before I got my notification in the mail. That sucks that it took so long!!!!

LT250_JOE
04-13-2008, 08:54 AM
I posted that wrong. When I dropped it off they had the recall hardware in stock. The 4 week project was the star warranty repair of the rear suspension parts. So they probably would have given it back the next day. On the receipt it stated the rear sprocket recall paid the tech/dealer 0.3 hours(18 minutes).