PDA

View Full Version : outlaw 450 525 exhaust woes

kamsvt
02-28-2008, 04:08 PM
i have an 08 450 mxr and am in dier need of some good info i ride with a ,07 ltr 450 piped power cammanded and intake, 07 yami 450 piped jetted air and misc others, and a 08 700 rap piped and power cammanded air filter. they all beat my mxr by a bike to a bike and a half. i want an exhaust but i want real dyno # fmf doesn't have any yet yosh only shows 1.5 with ?jetting, i think ct and ac say 10-12, fmf claims up to 15 with no proof. i think hmf only offers a slip on. and what about mitch matching slipons with the fmf mega bomb, or powerbomb header it definitly seems to be best flowing wether good or bad im not sure. sorry so long im frustrated please help me . oh by the way hi im new to this site . please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rgasper33
02-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Well if you wanted to drag race them you shoulda got the 525 and spanked them:D But anyways you shouldnt be losin by that much I wouldnt think but, CT Racing is from what I have heard is the way to go. that gets you about 50 rwhp. Get the JD Jet Kit too, these ktm motors are so lean stock. also open up the airbox a lil bit. You shouldnt have a problem then. JD kit might even get you where you need to be alone!!!

willb
02-28-2008, 08:12 PM
I agree. I am not into drag racing quads. Unless it is purpose 2 smoker. Drag racing takes in several factors. First the JD kit and KN filter are musts. Vehicles: car included are tuned for epa first, performance last.

2nd. The most horsepower machine doesn't always win. What is your experience? What is your traction like? People spend billions of dollars each year making there vehicles faster but always seem to overlook the simple things.

SSJEFF
02-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by kamsvt
i have an 08 450 mxr and am in dier need of some good info i ride with a ,07 ltr 450 piped power cammanded and intake, 07 yami 450 piped jetted air and misc others, and a 08 700 rap piped and power cammanded air filter. they all beat my mxr by a bike to a bike and a half. i want an exhaust but i want real dyno # fmf doesn't have any yet yosh only shows 1.5 with ?jetting, i think ct and ac say 10-12, fmf claims up to 15 with no proof. i think hmf only offers a slip on. and what about mitch matching slipons with the fmf mega bomb, or powerbomb header it definitly seems to be best flowing wether good or bad im not sure. sorry so long im frustrated please help me . oh by the way hi im new to this site . please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the outlaws come lean. jetting will help.
did you do a second gear start and short shift? the 450 will almost keep up with the 525 I hear. the smaller tires kill the top end speed though.
I hear the ct is the highest hp exhaust. The alba isn't bad, that what I have. The fmf isn't all that great imo.

sheriff525
02-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Motoworks is putting out a pipe very soon for the 450 and the 525. I checked out their website and they have some impressive numbers. They also have some links in the review section where there is a pipe shoot out on a ltr 450 and the motoworks is top according to the rider and wrench monkeys.

www.motoworks.com

Maybe hold out because i heard that the motoworks pipe is awesome top to bottom and really good quality.

I know i am waiting

kamsvt
02-29-2008, 04:12 PM
i launch from second and get a good hole shot but they pull a bike in top end.and i believe the 450 and 525 only have like a 2 horse power difference. has anybody took there baffle out and jetted ,what jetts are best. also i did remove my air lid and i cant find a filter anywere now the irs is a different story. we race for rights to #### talk thats it i mostly we hit up the local track, wich i noticed my bike will pull them out of the turns

rgasper33
02-29-2008, 05:19 PM
if your quad pulls then you have better acceleration. Doesnt that win races. The mxr is set up to pull hard, not top end. So when they pull ahead your basically tapped??? And also the best jet kit is def. JD Jetting..

SSJEFF
03-01-2008, 03:48 AM
i launch from second and get a good hole shot but they pull a bike in top end.and i believe the 450 and 525 only have like a 2 horse power difference. has anybody took there baffle out and jetted ,what jetts are best. also i did remove my air lid and i cant find a filter anywere now the irs is a different story. we race for rights to #### talk thats it i mostly we hit up the local track, wich i noticed my bike will pull them out of the turns

if you do not short shift the ktm and wind out all the gears, it will not perform as fast. The engine has loads of torque and it shines when short shifting it.

jd jet kit in mine but I have a pro design air filter kit, with a diy outerwares lid, alba exhaust. running 172 main, blue needle with clip 3rd from top, big oring mod. 2007outlawirs525le

If you are running the stock jetting that is lean then you would run out of top end. you could probably put a 155-165 in it like it is or with the baffle out.

baldwinmx450r
03-01-2008, 06:31 AM
Leo vince exhaust will me making one in the next few months. I am headed up to TC Racing headquarters and we will be designing a tc racing/supertrapp settup.

SSJEFF
03-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I kjnow someone who wants a super trapp for their 500 outlaw.

kamsvt
03-02-2008, 05:49 PM
we all raced again today i short shifted and was dead evan with the 700rap got beat by 1/2 a bike by the zuki w/full dasa power cammander filter kit that replaces box, and got killed by the 450 yami ........2.5-3.0 bikes it just kept pullin from what i see its got full hmf cam mod jetted way fat air filter and other tricks, this guy does his research and has done every trick you can think of . any way i was so happy with the runs minus the yami i think im going to order the ct racing exhaust from the info i found it seems to make the most power, thats with what little info there is for these bikes....................... thanks for the advice.........does any one know of any filter kits for the 450 or 525s?

SSJEFF
03-02-2008, 05:58 PM
If I were you I would wait till someone figures something out for the filter system. It is a drain on the bike.

The yfz450 is one of the fastest bikes. The ktm with jetting and stuff will hold it own, its just a different beast. I rode my 525 for one of the first times today and it loves to be short shifted. You will get the hang of it after a while. If you change the sprockets you may find a little more. I put a 15 front and 39 rear. With your 18"tires you may want a 15 front only. This is a cheap mod at $8.

Be careful with the sprocket bolt holding it on the output shaft many have sheared it off. It was red loctited in on my 525irs. I sheared it off and had to drill it out and get a 10 1.5 mm tap to clean the shaft out.

kamsvt
03-02-2008, 06:19 PM
i was thinking of changing the sprocket but i really prefer riding on the local mx and dont want to compromise the acceleration out of the turns but i agree for drag top end kills me all three other bikes will eventually pull me top end. if i dont get the pipe i need to atleast jet it i noticed it backfiring alot today so with the lid off i think its real lean.

#17TBoneRacing
03-04-2008, 08:49 AM
I run a 525 IRS and changed tires to a 18X10X10 rear and a 20X6X10 front. With the stock 14t front sprocket it topped out too quick. I went to a 15t and it put it back to a stock ratio. I am not sure how close the gearing is on the 450 compared to the 525 though.

outlaw450mxr
03-04-2008, 01:39 PM
we all raced again today i short shifted and was dead evan with the 700rap got beat by 1/2 a bike by the zuki w/full dasa power cammander filter kit that replaces box, and got killed by the 450 yami ........2.5-3.0 bikes it just kept pullin from what i see its got full hmf cam mod jetted way fat air filter and other tricks, this guy does his research and has done every trick you can think of . any way i was so happy with the runs minus the yami i think im going to order the ct racing exhaust from the info i found it seems to make the most power, thats with what little info there is for these bikes....................... thanks for the advice.........does any one know of any filter kits for the 450 or 525s?

my friends got the 2008 ltr 450 with the baffle out, air lid off, and the cherry bomb and when we race were dead even, sometimes he wins by half a bike, sometimes i win by half a bike. and we both destroyed a raptor 700by like 4-6 quad lengthes everytime. i havent raced a yfz yet. but i dont know how you came dead even with the raptor and got beat so bad by the yfz.

kamsvt
03-04-2008, 06:37 PM
wow 4 bike lengths it most be stock , ive never raced the 700 stock or the yfz. ive heard the yfz 450 were bad. this gu w/ the yfz knows his #### with carbs and has that thing running right. i know hes got the accelerator pump w/ adj leak dwn jet, fuel mixture adj screw, cam mod full hmf custumised intake suspensionwork plus his clutch is adjusted all the way in so it ingages immidietly . but i ordered the ct racing pipe and jd jet kit so im gunning for him

SSJEFF
03-04-2008, 11:29 PM
i was thinking of changing the sprocket but i really prefer riding on the local mx and dont want to compromise the acceleration out of the turns but i agree for drag top end kills me all three other bikes will eventually pull me top end. if i dont get the pipe i need to atleast jet it i noticed it backfiring alot today so with the lid off i think its real lean.

You may try the 15 front just too see what its like, It may not hurt your corner exits.

kamsvt
03-05-2008, 04:20 PM
thanks for the info ssjeff is the front sprocket the way to go i believe 1 tooth up front =3 teeth out back. also do you have preference on were to get sprockets or what brand ..........thanks. oh and i talked to allen at ct racing today and he said he will be dyno tuning a 450 mxr next week so he should have some good # and tech for us!

SSJEFF
03-05-2008, 04:43 PM
thanks for the info ssjeff is the front sprocket the way to go i believe 1 tooth up front =3 teeth out back. also do you have preference on were to get sprockets or what brand ..........thanks. oh and i talked to allen at ct racing today and he said he will be dyno tuning a 450 mxr next week so he should have some good # and tech for us!

I got my sprocket from roggkymountain for around $8

#17TBoneRacing
03-05-2008, 06:41 PM
I paid $18 for a KTM 15 tooth through the dealer.