PDA

View Full Version : bad idle

superchevy
02-28-2008, 03:43 PM
The quad runs good when you are on the gas riding hard but once you bump down to idle or alittle more then idle it starts to like hicup and stalls out what could be causing this i tried adjusting things when i got it ran good but now it has been doin this for a while any ideas help me out thanks

CarGuy7a
02-28-2008, 04:24 PM
could be the fuel screw out of adjustment. or it could be a clogged pilot.

first check your fuel screw. if you have the stock pilot jet in it, the factory setting should be around 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 turns out from lightly seated position.

if that doesn't fix it take the bowl off and take the pilot jet out and clean it by spraying carb cleaner and compressed air through it.

superchevy
02-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Ok so the pilot jet is suposte to be fully seated and the fuel air is 2 and a 1/2 or so out i have it at 3 now and it still runs like ****

CarGuy7a
02-29-2008, 04:02 PM
well that's on your fuel mixture adjustment screw. you tighten it in till it's lightly seated then turn it back out to your adjustment.

the pilot jet inside the carb should be snugged down and not loose.

if you see no noticeable difference in adjusting your fuel screw,you may either need to clean the pilot jet out or install a larger pilot jet if the one in the carb is clean.