PDA

View Full Version : valve adjusting Q's?

rj1030
02-28-2008, 09:11 AM
alright so i just bought a new honda 450 and ive had it for about a month and a half or so, and i was wondering wat are some signs tat i should watch out for getting my valves adjusted for the first time?? or how long before i do?ive heard different suggestions but wanna hear wat the real exriders have 2 say! lol so help ya guys can help me out thx

xcracer416
02-28-2008, 11:08 AM
imho ususally if there is a sign its to late. really it all depends on air filter maintence, hours on the machine, how hard you ride it, ect. need more details to really tell you when. it doesnt hurt to check them regularly.

bloodmoney23
02-28-2008, 01:04 PM
well i never had my valves adjusted for about a year and a half after buying. But adjusted a couple months ago in rebuild. I would say every 4 months just pop the valve cover and check clearances and stuff. Now that i know alot more about these quads, im gonna have new valves, springs, retainers, seals and everything every winter. If you are racing I would check the clearances the day after every race and change oil after every 2 races.

rj1030
02-28-2008, 02:19 PM
gees a year and a half tats a long time, ya i dont race yet do 2 money etc but eventually seem 2 work my way back into it, so my quad should be fine for a while longer before gettin my valves adjusted correct? a couple people told me 10 then people 20 hours so i was unsure?