PDA

View Full Version : Lost Trails ATV Park

LT250_JOE
02-28-2008, 07:03 AM
Has anyone been there??? Located in Pocono Mountains Pa.
I am planning on going late summer/ early fall, but wanted to know the pros and cons of the place. Luckily it is only 6 miles from my aunts restaurant(?), so I'll have a place to stay and eat.

Looks good from website. I also looked from sattelite view on google earth and it looks huge.

Any info would be apprec.

drchoicey
02-29-2008, 08:09 PM
its ok
lots of trails and a big sand pit to play in
bring your outlaw
the trails are kinda tight and rough

deathman53
02-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Don't you need registration and insurance for it? and isn't there some stupid speed limit of 25 mph???

LT250_JOE
03-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
Don't you need registration and insurance for it? and isn't there some stupid speed limit of 25 mph???

I have PA registration & Ins, Dont know if I need it to ride there. I dont drive the speed limit in my truck, besides my quads dont have speedometers! I think atv parks post limits for ins purposes. I've been to Paragon and they have 25mph posted on the trails everyone drag races on. Never seen it enforced.

LT250_JOE
03-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by drchoicey
its ok
lots of trails and a big sand pit to play in
bring your outlaw
the trails are kinda tight and rough

How big is the park??? I dont like going places that I can cover in 30 min or less. I watched some videos on youtube and it seems cool. I also looked at overall size on google earth, and it appears very large. Planning a trip in June or August...either this place or tower city. Hatfield-McCoy is locked in for July(Unbelievable place)

drchoicey
03-01-2008, 08:07 PM
no thats about it
there is one long high speed blast out the powerline
maybe 15 mins out and back
then if you string all the green trails together
it makes like a 30 minute woods loop
on an outlaw you might be able to enjoy the
blue and red trails though
there are lots more miles of them
but they are no fun on a 450r
so i dont use them

drchoicey
03-01-2008, 08:10 PM
ps
the reg and ins rules are not enforced
our quads have both but we were never asked for the papers
and the 25 mph is only in the pits
which is cool by me
pps
deathman,
we have ridden at njorvp together
you were on your trike
have you been there lately?

deathman53
03-02-2008, 06:27 AM
no, I haven't been there since july. I might re-join(if they still are), I have found better places to ride my atv's. That place just makes me sick of how they can't care about the tracks, that atv track has gotten worse and worse. Does it still have those jumps that are like walls, flat landings, horriblly groomed, and track still leveled out since the last truck race???? Besides, my dirtbikes are getting more riding anyway. I will be going to brg and rausch creek a few times this year and both allow trikes(dan at bpg will, after an examination of riding), much better riding anyway. With Atco on friday nights, another secret place and maybe landing mx, I will have enough riding not to bother with njorvp.

BamBam730
03-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by drchoicey
ps
the reg and ins rules are not enforced
our quads have both but we were never asked for the papers
and the 25 mph is only in the pits
which is cool by me
pps
deathman,
we have ridden at njorvp together
you were on your trike
have you been there lately?
Dr, they did not check for insurance? I am concerened because where I live insurance is not needed. I would hate to travel to the park only to be turned around. Although my ATV is registered here in NY. Do you have to be member to go there? Can you just pay for the day when you go without being a member? If you can pay for the day how much is it? any help would be appreciated.

BIGCATDAVE
03-18-2008, 02:25 PM
http://ridelosttrails.com/

mandmburke
03-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Haven't been there since the late summer, but was there on a week day and it was real quiet. Was surprised that I put 43 miles on my quad. Even though the place is not super huge, still managed that many miles. Yes, we did do most of the trails twice, but did not do all of the trails and I believe that they were in the process of adding more trails in the late summer/fall. The "bowl" is super cool, almost vertical carving, also the power lines in the back were fun full throttle climbs. I would say check the place out, and you won't be disappointed. I was asked for insurance, but that was when the place first opened.
Have Fun!

LT250_JOE
03-23-2008, 06:32 PM
:ermm:

LT250_JOE
03-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Going to check the place out an Sun April 6th. I'll post my opinion and some pics when I get back.

BamBam730
03-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Went with friend's and rode lost trails yesterday. We ride sport quads and there was a play area that could keep you occupied for an hour. Then there is a very long trail along a power line that are sport quad friendly. There were many trails that led off of the the main power line trail that were more designed for utility quads. They were fun but were extremely rocky. The park rates their trails like every other park so you know where you belong, but even the trails that we were told were sport quad friendly were extremely rocky. (I know PA is a state with alot of rocks and slate in their trails). They did have an obstacle course that was for utility quads. There were alot more utility quads there then sport quads. It looks like they are constanly making new trails and the place is well kept. It would be nice if they developed a track of some sort. There were some nice views.
PS-All and all it was a nice atv park and I would go back, just thought I would let everyone know how the place was.

LT250_JOE
04-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Visited the park on sunday. I had to bring the suzuki due to the outlaw in shop for a recall. Definately a boulder-fest on some of the trails. I had to call it quits after 4 1/2 hours of riding. 90 % of my body hurt by lunch time. Could be because this was my first trip of the year and I probably was riding a little too hard. Never shifted beyond 4th gear. I will definately not bring the suzuki back, but the Outlaw would probably feel right at home. The overall park is very well kept, and they had 2 new trails opened. They definately need a track, but the play area is big enough to blow off some steam. The suzuki loved the bowl, I wish my camera didnt crap out after 3 pics because I wanted a friend to snap a shot of some roost. I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10.

Here's a shot of powerline #2

BamBam730
04-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by LT250_JOE
Visited the park on sunday. I had to bring the suzuki due to the outlaw in shop for a recall. Definately a boulder-fest on some of the trails. I had to call it quits after 4 1/2 hours of riding. 90 % of my body hurt by lunch time. Could be because this was my first trip of the year and I probably was riding a little too hard. Never shifted beyond 4th gear. I will definately not bring the suzuki back, but the Outlaw would probably feel right at home. The overall park is very well kept, and they had 2 new trails opened. They definately need a track, but the play area is big enough to blow off some steam. The suzuki loved the bowl, I wish my camera didnt crap out after 3 pics because I wanted a friend to snap a shot of some roost. I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10.

Here's a shot of powerline #2

The rocks on the smaller trails killed me too.

LT250_JOE
04-14-2008, 06:19 PM
This raptor got stuck every 20 feet.

katv12
05-27-2008, 10:31 PM
So did they ask you for the insurance? is is required or just reccomended? I live 2 hours from that place I would not want to turn around after 2hr drive.

LT250_JOE
05-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by katv12
So did they ask you for the insurance? is is required or just reccomended? I live 2 hours from that place I would not want to turn around after 2hr drive.

They do ask for ins. and registration and it is required.

sully55
05-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Mods

Please delete the above post. This guy is posting to the public about making up insurance numbers, and giving them to one of the few legal spots. Forwarding to Tony of lost trails.