PDA

View Full Version : ATV hit by semi, now what

full foot notch
02-27-2008, 07:14 PM
well yall, i get a call from my 75 yr old step father. it seems he needs a new frame for a 1996 Honda 300 Fourtrax 4x4 ATV.

apparently he needs a new frame becuase a semi hit the rear of it. well you ask, how the hell did a semi hit it. well apparently he had been hunting a while back, and was done for the day, he loaded it up onto the trailer but forgot to tie it down. well he left the property and was turning on the road and apparently it fell off and he did not notice it (it was at night, well i guess he noticed it a minute later, and by that time a semi had hit it and wedged into the bumper. so to the end of the story, he needs rims and tires and a frame, most of it is fine but the right rear is all jacked up. so we are going to swap everything over that is good to the new frame and rebuild it back to slightly stock.

if yall could find a frame for that, or one that is a replacement for it, that would be greatly appreciated by me and my elderly stepfather, even though i may be grown its still gonna be a sorta father/son project.

i looked at servicehonda andtheframe is 1k-1100, but i would rather buy used due to $$ . does anyone know the crossover for that frame (it is the 4x4 version) that i might be able to locate other ATVs that use that same frame

mods, sorry if this is in the wrong forum but i did not see a 300ex forum

bwamos
02-28-2008, 05:57 AM
You could always buy a used 300 and either pull parts from it, or just use it and part out whatever is left of the 2 and sell the parts.

Might be the cheapest route although it would be a bit more work, ebaying the parts etc..