PDA

View Full Version : So yeah...

DVXracer
02-27-2008, 06:11 PM
I ordered a new fuelatv intake, i dont plan on putting it on for a while as my bike wont be moving till spring, but i was wondering if i could run it with the mods i have now, or will i have to buy a PCIII? All i have no is a full exhaust, cherry bomb, and obiously the intake.....Thanks in advance.

450Rchaser
02-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Get on the power commander website. They provide alot of fuel maps for any number of mods.

DVXracer
02-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 450Rchaser
Get on the power commander website. They provide alot of fuel maps for any number of mods.

That wasnt my question, i was wondering if i could run a fuelatv intake, full exhaust and a cherry bomb without any problems?

450Rchaser
02-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Oh ok I read your post to quick. Run it and check the plug and see how it looks.

DVXracer
02-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by 450Rchaser
Oh ok I read your post to quick. Run it and check the plug and see how it looks.

Thats a good idea, anyone else have any imput?

redrider9045
03-01-2008, 06:17 PM
youll be fine the cherrybomb sets the maps for an airfilter and exausht.

DVXracer
03-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by redrider9045
youll be fine the cherrybomb sets the maps for an airfilter and exausht.

Alright sweet, i just dont want to like f*ck up my valves or anything like my friend did.

Baracudaaa
03-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Guess again, you WILL run lean with that intake. If you are running the FUEL intake, get a PIM or PC, and use the maps he has on his site.

03-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by DVXracer
I ordered a new fuelatv intake, i dont plan on putting it on for a while as my bike wont be moving till spring, but i was wondering if i could run it with the mods i have now, or will i have to buy a PCIII? All i have no is a full exhaust, cherry bomb, and obiously the intake.....Thanks in advance.

Clean out your inbox so I can PM you. lol.

DVXracer
03-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Ben_Johnson
Clean out your inbox so I can PM you. lol.

Nothings in there, mine just doesnt work for some reason... :confused:

jherbie28
03-05-2008, 06:00 PM
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

you need to re map your bike for your mods. the bike is lean from the factory and the pipe and filter(if larger then stock) will make the bike work harder to breath and not allowing for the proper air fuel ratio. get one now. the bike will likly over heat and you will have a new world of problems.

dynojet has a map just for what you have

and for the guy who said that the cherry bomb maps the bike for a larger diamater filter and full exhaust is wrong. the cherry bomb is like a map itself, for removing the airbox and the exhaust baffel on a stock pipe. good luck and get a powercommander.

DVXracer
03-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by jherbie28
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

you need to re map your bike for your mods. the bike is lean from the factory and the pipe and filter(if larger then stock) will make the bike work harder to breath and not allowing for the proper air fuel ratio. get one now. the bike will likly over heat and you will have a new world of problems.

dynojet has a map just for what you have

and for the guy who said that the cherry bomb maps the bike for a larger diamater filter and full exhaust is wrong. the cherry bomb is like a map itself, for removing the airbox and the exhaust baffel on a stock pipe. good luck and get a powercommander.

Thanks for the help, i dont dont have enough for a PCIII yet (im only 16 and unemployed:ermm: ) so im just gonna hold off on putting on the intake

jherbie28
03-06-2008, 02:46 PM
that pipes not helping either:(

get one as soon as possible, how long have you been riding it like this?

DVXracer
03-06-2008, 05:51 PM
that pipes not helping either:(

get one as soon as possible, how long have you been riding it like this?

it only has maybe 3 hours ride time with the pipe, i thought the cherrybomb could support a pipe? Or should i put my stock one back on untill i get a PCIII?

jherbie28
03-06-2008, 06:12 PM
if it were me i would put the stocker back on, no offense but if you dont have a job and cant afford a $350 powercommander then your not going to be able to afford a new motor:p like i said man no harm just trying to help ya out and prevent any future problems.

good luck, when you get your powercommander you can map it for your pipe and filter:)

DVXracer
03-06-2008, 06:36 PM
if it were me i would put the stocker back on, no offense but if you dont have a job and cant afford a $350 powercommander then your not going to be able to afford a new motor:p like i said man no harm just trying to help ya out and prevent any future problems.

good luck, when you get your powercommander you can map it for your pipe and filter:)

Thanks for all your help man, ill prolly be getting a PC in a couple of weeks :)

Desert_Dude
03-12-2008, 10:06 PM
I have a full Yoshi system and K&N filter w/ no box lid anf the Cherybomb.

Are you saying that I need a power commander too?

jherbie28
03-27-2008, 05:15 PM
i just read in the new quad mag, in the jetting and fuel injection article. they say you are able to run everything you guys have with out the powercommander. i still have mine and would recemend(sp) running it:ermm:

good luck just my $0.02

DVXracer
03-27-2008, 08:08 PM
i just read in the new quad mag, in the jetting and fuel injection article. they say you are able to run everything you guys have with out the powercommander. i still have mine and would recemend(sp) running it:ermm:

good luck just my $0.02

They never said it was alright, they said that running a higher octane will accomidate more mods w/o a programmer, thats if we are reading the same article...i read the one from QUAD.

jherbie28
03-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by DVXracer
They never said it was alright, they said that running a higher octane will accomidate more mods w/o a programmer, thats if we are reading the same article...i read the one from QUAD.

yeah i just fliped through it, is that what you took from it and did you get that powercommander yet? or are ya not going to run one

DVXracer
03-30-2008, 01:06 PM
yeah i just fliped through it, is that what you took from it and did you get that powercommander yet? or are ya not going to run one

Yep, i have one now. :)

armysig
03-31-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Desert_Dude
I have a full Yoshi system and K&N filter w/ no box lid anf the Cherybomb.

Are you saying that I need a power commander too?

You're fine with that set up. You will not need the PC. It would inturn replace the Cherry bomb.

PC is intended for highly modified engines that require the additional air and fuel consumption.

I.E. Fuelatv intake, port and polish, new piston, valves, cams, etc...

You will see a major difference in you machine if you go with an aftermarket pipe, Fuelatv intake, and a PC with the correct map for your area of riding.

TheNewn
04-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by armysig
You're fine with that set up. You will not need the PC. It would inturn replace the Cherry bomb.

PC is intended for highly modified engines that require the additional air and fuel consumption.

I.E. Fuelatv intake, port and polish, new piston, valves, cams, etc...

You will see a major difference in you machine if you go with an aftermarket pipe, Fuelatv intake, and a PC with the correct map for your area of riding.

Fairly certain this is not right.