PDA

View Full Version : 300ex Questions

Ridiculous
02-27-2008, 06:11 PM
i'm thinking about buying a 300ex for my girlfriend mainly because its more affordable for me.

i'm just wondering about em. i've never been around them much. all i've ever dealt with is my 400ex.

so are the 300ex's as reliable as my 400ex seems to be?
how's the power, is it enough to pull my 200 lb *** around?
is it a good trail machine? since that's all we'll be riding.

that's all i can think of for now, feel free to throw in other tid bits as well!

Alias99
02-28-2008, 04:37 PM
They are great machines for trails and a few jumps every now and than. I have an 02 that im selling because its time to move to a bigger one. Its never given me any problems at all and it hauled my fat a** around pretty well with no hesitation and im right around 250. Just make sure you keep it well maintained and it will run forever if not longer then your 400. The 300 sounds like it would be the perfect atv for her. Theres also a lot of aftermarket parts for them. Hope this helps.

gixir
02-29-2008, 05:46 AM
With a few minor upgrades they are great trail machines. I weigh in at 190 and mine has plenty of power to spare. Not a 400 but a great machine and very reliable.

Misfit138
03-01-2008, 06:59 AM
I have a 2007 300ex and it is a great quad for trails & such.It is very easy to handle & the power is perfect for those tight spots you can get in.

JohnT_98300EX
03-14-2008, 05:14 AM
Up until last fall all I rode were utility type quads. Then i got a good deal on my 300EX and I love it. I can take it almost anywhere that I can take the 4x4. I just have to use my head a bit. It's fun to ride, cheap to operate, and repairs, well it's a Honda. With decent care they will last a lifetime.
It has a fun level of power, handles OK, and is just fun to ride. If a person wants to, for less than the price of a good used 400EX the little 300 can be a real fast ride. *LOL* and the older I get the more I want to redo an old ride instead of just buying a new one.
Old Hondas never have to die, they can just get better. I should be just about 2 weeks away from posting pictures of mine. It's been a long and boring winter here in NNY and the changes in my EX show that.

bkstewart
03-19-2008, 08:28 AM
I agree with all the others. I have an 02 300EX....it is the first quad I've owned. I bought it to ride with my son and have really had fun on it. It has been easy to maintain and very reliable.

Brian

twisted300ex
06-09-2008, 01:47 PM
a 300ex is perfect for trails and pretty much everything else.... i have a 300ex myself but before i started racing it i rode trails with it.... they are great rail riders but if u ever get tired of trails you can also hit a few jumps with them to... if i was you i would DEFINATLY get the 300ex