PDA

View Full Version : paintball guns

ATVMX905
02-27-2008, 05:27 PM
i just got a model 98(older 98 custom model). i took it out today and the thing shoots great. I think i found my new hobby haha. Anybody on here play paintball. Also, im buying a tippmann custom pro platinum with an e trigger next month when it comes out, anybody heard about it?

02-27-2008, 05:39 PM
I play and all I have to say is don't waist your money on a Tippmann..... I shoot an '07 Ego ATM but if you're just getting into the sport look into getting an E-Tek Ego. Cheap starter gun and will last as long as you maintain it.

Robin Hood
02-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Nova
I play and all I have to say is don't waist your money on a Tippmann..... I shoot an '07 Ego ATM but if you're just getting into the sport look into getting an E-Tek Ego. Cheap starter gun and will last as long as you maintain it.

Not everyone loves sup-air ball.

I started out w/ a tippy and for the time that I played woodsball, it never gave me any problems. Though, if you're getting into speedball, just do like Nova said and look into the higher end guns. Ion's are great beginner speedball guns and if you want to go a step higher, look into E-tek Egos or maybe a Proto Matrix Rail.

I played tourney for half a year then ran into family issues so I had to quit. I only ball at Skirmish for D-Day. :devil:

yfzrider45
02-28-2008, 09:18 AM
I used to play, I have a stealth black spyder for sale, with a chrome red pirahnna barrel.....Lemme know if u want it...PM me

kawiefan
02-28-2008, 03:32 PM
if your not heavily into it the tippy will do just fine.

Mean250r
02-29-2008, 04:24 PM
I play D2 Speedball, i have owned so many guns over the past its rediculous. Im always tradin them, my team is sponsored by planet eclipse so we all use eteks wen we play in tourneys :o . My favorite gun so far is the DM8, i got to shoot one not to long ago. Awsome gun.

Robin Hood
02-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
I play D2 Speedball, i have owned so many guns over the past its rediculous. Im always tradin them, my team is sponsored by planet eclipse so we all use eteks wen we play in tourneys :o . My favorite gun so far is the DM8, i got to shoot one not to long ago. Awsome gun.

D2 in Jersey? What team? I used to play w/ one or two D2 teams in the past so I might know ya.

KwAdUp
02-29-2008, 09:47 PM
when i first started to play paint ball i had a tippy a-5 with response and i used that for a long time until i got into speed ball but if your getting into speed ball. don't waste your time with the ion. i had one and it was the worst thing ever. get a pmr. its only $250 and a very nice gun. thats what i own right now and it has never let me down and my team and i all have thos guns and we won a few tournaments this past summer.

Mean250r
03-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
D2 in Jersey? What team? I used to play w/ one or two D2 teams in the past so I might know ya.

Blackcell, also play for NJD occasionaly.

Robin Hood
03-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Mean250r
Blackcell, also play for NJD occasionaly.

Oh wow, Blackcell is still around? I remember that name from a whileeeee back. I used to practice w/ the Jersey Ranjerz, Hustlers Kids and the NJ Jesters a lot back when Hustlers was still around.

03-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by KwAdUp
get a pmr.

....:huh Okay.... I can say I'm sorry that you bought a PMR. Dye really ripped people with this gun. The whole trigger frame is plastic = Stupid. The back bolt is plastic = Stupid. As much as I don't care for the Ion's if you're looking at a cheap gun such as an Ion or PMR, buy the Ion. The Ion does have a drop of once you hit 17BPS but by the time you are able to hit that you will probably want a new gun or you can buy the Virtue board which is $100. Also some people ask about the Epiphany which is just an over priced Ion, so don't buy it.

Anyone who suggests a PMR does not play serious tourney ball. PMR = Waist of money and lack of effort for DYE.

KwAdUp
03-01-2008, 03:41 PM
well i have had no problems with mine. and no im not a serious speedball player. but i do play it alot and it has never let me down. my personal opinion is the pmr is a great gun

Robin Hood
03-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Nova
....:huh Okay.... I can say I'm sorry that you bought a PMR. Dye really ripped people with this gun. The whole trigger frame is plastic = Stupid. The back bolt is plastic = Stupid. As much as I don't care for the Ion's if you're looking at a cheap gun such as an Ion or PMR, buy the Ion. The Ion does have a drop of once you hit 17BPS but by the time you are able to hit that you will probably want a new gun or you can buy the Virtue board which is $100. Also some people ask about the Epiphany which is just an over priced Ion, so don't buy it.

Anyone who suggests a PMR does not play serious tourney ball. PMR = Waist of money and lack of effort for DYE.

Actually, I've seen plenty of people take PMR's, throw an UL frame on it and replace the back bolt. It's so much lighter than all of Dye's other guns and it rips just as fast.

Pmr is light, cheap, and fast enough for an entry level player.

03-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Actually, I've seen plenty of people take PMR's, throw an UL frame on it and replace the back bolt. It's so much lighter than all of Dye's other guns and it rips just as fast.

Pmr is light, cheap, and fast enough for an entry level player.

I've seen that to but I think it's lame on DYE's end to make a plastic gun in the first place... They freaked out becuase Smart Parts came out with a cheap entry level gun (ION) and threw something together in a panic.... Not cool. If they're trying to progress the sport as much as they say they shouldn't be making cheap guns. I've seen more than enough people bring a PMR into my work (Pegleg ProCenter) becuase they can't get the rear bolt off because it got stripped out. If it wasn't plastic it wouldn't get stripped out.

spanky101
03-02-2008, 09:12 AM
dye made a plastic frame and back cap... yes you can break the frame and ive seen it but to break it you pretty much have to land on it from what ive seen. Dye and SP did a good thing wth making cheaper electro's, think about it; The paintball industry is losing more and more money each year due to drop in players. They decided instead of having to spend about 750-1g to get a decent tourney gun, why not make it affordable for the 13-15 year old to save up some money and have a gun he can go to a local tourney and have fun, and be competative rate of fire wise. Dye and SP were trying to make the jump from woodsball to speedball a less costly jump, so thumbs up for that! I have been at all ends of the spectrum, i started in the woods and ended up all the way to d2, played on some d3 teams and of coarse a bunch of local stuff. Played with TPA at one time, HKNation, and just various throw togethers. Paintball is a super expensive industry and hobby, so trying to save money for newer people was/is a great idea!

Mean250r
03-02-2008, 11:52 AM
PMR is an entry level gun. period. Anything more then that its a joke. Wasting the money to put a ul frame on that is the stupidest thing i ever seen. The pmr is good for the n00bs that dont wanna get plastered playing speed ball. Once you start doing tourneys the pmr just isnt gunna cut it.

mikeB
03-02-2008, 12:09 PM
I gotta Tippmann A-5.. barley use it now..

14" whisper barrel.
16, 12, 20oz CO2 Tanks
Pods
V force mask

I used to play quite a bit. im thinkin about selling it now.. im not sure though

bwamos
03-02-2008, 01:58 PM
I still use my VM-68 most of the time. Gun is older than most of you are.. lol.

Occasionally I'll use my 1st Gen AutoCocker that I used to use in tournament play ages ago.. lol.

03-02-2008, 04:11 PM
If you want to get into "a better entry level gun" that's a completely different subject. Paintball is 90% player and 10% gun. I work with a kid that will light anybody up with a $20 pump from wal-mart. Smart Parts made a good gun for cheap. Dye freaked out becuase Smart Parts made a cheaper gun so they threw together some plastic pieces. PMR has alot of problems. I've had 9 people bring in a PMR to be fixed. I've only had 2 ION's.....

spanky101
03-02-2008, 07:37 PM
its all about the market. SP made a whole new market with the cheaper electro, and dye was missing part of that market so they threw a quick gun together. simple business

Robin Hood
03-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
I still use my VM-68 most of the time. Gun is older than most of you are.. lol.

Occasionally I'll use my 1st Gen AutoCocker that I used to use in tournament play ages ago.. lol.

Nothing in this world is better than a fine tuned mech 'cocker. I'm dyin to get my hands on an Evo X or another Eclipse cocker. Unfortunately, my Eclipse was E-bladed before I picked it up. :ermm: