PDA

View Full Version : Fox Long travel shox DRR video clip

raidernut
02-27-2008, 05:14 PM
For any of you that are wondering how the new Fox long travel shox work on the DRR, here is a clip of Hetrick DRR Team rider 8 year old ,Buddy Williams in the WORCS 70 open on the mx portion of the track. Notice how the bike lands smoothly, and how it corners flat, and is smooth through the whoops, these shox are the real deal!

http://www.paparazzi-films.com/buddyjumps.html

forgiven
02-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Am I the only one having a problem with the video?

raidernut
02-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Let it load for a few seconds, if it doesnt play, you can download quicktime, which enables you to play most online video clips, it is a small apple download.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

JIM GRACE
02-27-2008, 07:03 PM
my computer took me to apple --quick time -- to download
the file and you have to restart your computer or it will not work..

anyway's killer video.. he look's wide open the whole time

I have a question it looks' like the quad he is riding has the best
equipment money can buy and he can ride for sure.. how does he
compare to an avg rider on a cobra 70? Not that I'm gonna buy
a cobra, but I know brandon is going to run against them in the 70 class..

brandon's dad #55

raidernut
02-27-2008, 07:19 PM
The quad is a Hetrick Racing Team DRR bike, available from Hetrick Racing. It is an unbelievable machine. Buddy has raced a couple of Cobras with the auto trans, and done quite well. Im not sure it would do as well against a manual clutch Cobra however. But a much more reliable and easier to ride machine in my opinion. We run the WORCS series, where your bike must withstand 45 minute motos, in 4-5 mile loop gran prix circuits, with not only motcross, but other varied terrain.

tireman43
02-27-2008, 08:04 PM
He looks good out there. The Fox look to be very good also...

So out of curiousity, did Hetrick put the Metrait pipe on it? I thought they used their own pipes in their builds?

Kevin

raidernut
02-27-2008, 08:10 PM
No Rich Hetrick built the Metrakit Motor, and i built the bike, and added the pipe. The bike is pretty much identical to the bikes that Hetrick is building as their DRR team bikes. We have run this Hetrick motor for quite some time, and have had great luck with it. My experience with the Mk motors so far is that if you have an experienced rider who keeps the gas on and rpms up, it works great. If your rider is in and out of the throttle and powerband, then not so great, definately not for the beginner rider.

tireman43
02-27-2008, 08:17 PM
It was just an observation I had. Thanks for the info. My youngest won't be up to that for a couple years as he is 5 and my oldest is 11 and has out grown the Metrakit years. Again great vid. and good luck this season.

Kevin

etondaddy
02-28-2008, 07:00 AM
WOW.......... I can't wait to show Kyle that video we have the same shocks waiting to go on the Honda. Not sure but it looked like DC duels. Buddy sure holds it to the pipe doesn’t he. He reminds me of Caston McConnell they both just look so smooth.

Mike Kozura

raidernut
02-28-2008, 07:25 AM
Yes they are DC duals. Thanks for the compliment. Buddy has come along way for an 8 year old. He has really come on strong since i sent him to the Joe Byrd Racing school. He took home alot of new skills., Finally got his little butt off of that seat!! The fox shox have given him alot of confidence too, he is learning that the bike is going to handle rough terrain at a faster speed.

Thanks though

etondaddy
02-28-2008, 07:53 AM
He's a great rider.......... no doubt. I've heard nothing but good stuff about the Fox Shox.... Dc's working on Kyle's front and rear suspension and should be done this week. I'm hoping the combo of Dc and Fox will make his transition from the CVT to the Honda a bit smoother.

Mike Kozura

riding4fun
02-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Buddy is amazing. This kid rode back to back races. A 40 minute race followed by a 30 minute race and looked like he could have ran another race.
Buddy has set the bar high. I enjoyed watching him.

Logan #34's Dad
02-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Can't get it to work, Chopping. I'll try again at another location.

QuadJunkies
02-28-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by raidernut
. He took home alot of new skills., Finally got his little butt off of that seat!!

Thanks though
Maybe we should have Buddy give Kelsey a lesson on that .:eek: :o :p lol
Mark, you should email that clip to Fox, I wouldnt be surprised if they used that as a demo on there site for the shocks.

Def. alot of truth to when they say good suspension will make you FASTER!:macho
Did you see the clips for the wk end I put up?

quadscrib
02-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Doesnt work for me at all...I have quicktime?

QuadJunkies
02-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by quadscrib
Doesnt work for me at all...I have quicktime?
I got it to work last night, but it wont come up for me either right now, so maybe its just down temporarily.
Everyone else able to view it?

etondaddy
02-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Mine works now :blah:

Nichols Atvs
02-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Nice video Mark, Buddys looking real good cant wait to show Landon the video . Glad you and he like the shocks i think that Fox shocks may be our next buy for the new quad when it comes time .

mxdad423
02-28-2008, 04:42 PM
AWSOME VIDEO........Thanks it was nice for us up here in the NE to see a little racing since we are still snowed in....LOL....
Looks Like the Dave Carter front end and Fox shocks are a sure WINNER........Great Video...
We just got are LT's back from Dave today and got the Fox Shox last week, going to start the assmebly process tommorrow. Can't wait to get it togeather...THANKS DAVE......

Kevin Smitley

raidernut
02-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by riding4fun
Buddy is amazing. This kid rode back to back races. A 40 minute race followed by a 30 minute race and looked like he could have ran another race.
Buddy has set the bar high. I enjoyed watching him.

Darrell-

Thanks, Buddy has made huge strides this year, as will your kids. Just keep them racing and having fun. Buddy spent two years chasing down one of the fastest 70 cvt riders ive ever seen Nick Klein from Washington State. This is part of which made him improve so much. So just be patient, they get faster and faster with experience, and it helps to try to keep up with the fast riders, it did us.

Thanks for the compliments!

wvspeedfreak
02-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks for sharing the video with us Raidernut.Your son is a very smooth rider :macho

hotquads1
02-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Great video , excellent rider. Did your son enjoy the Joe Byrd school? I didn't know how much the little guys would get out of the class?
marc

raidernut
02-28-2008, 06:43 PM
He had the greatest time in his life at Joe Byrd school out in Ca. Buddy was the only youth rider there. We had a total of 7 students, so tons of one on one time. Joe was great to Buddy, and really pushed him to his limits (at times beyond) it was not for the weak of heart though, Joe is not there to play, he is there to teach, and will wear you out. Tons of physical stuff. I learned alot about bike setup, and just the all out dedication that Byrd and other pros have with their training. Definately money well spent.

jread14
03-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Awesome video!!!!!!! What kind of rear end are you running on his bike? Thanks, JR