PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship and next season preparation

angelon400ex
11-05-2001, 05:40 AM
Hi guys, I haven't been on here much in a while because I have had a lot of changes going on in my life and been trying out the race scene. I am still so new to it and wondered if anyone had any tips on how to best solicite sponsorship and prepare for the upcoming race season. I have been having a blast racing and would like to give it a full effort next season.
Thanks for any advice!!!!!!! Angela

Tommy 17
11-05-2001, 01:46 PM
what i did in the off season when i raced 80s was i took my bike into my basement and ripped it apart till there was nuttin left to it and put it all back together all greased and rebuilt. also u want to keep in shape work out, run on a tread mill this way u won't loose what u have built up from riding. its a pain when u are outta shape and try to race u don't do nearly as good as u would in shape.

Its cool to see a girl racer we have only ever had 2 around here and ones a national womens champ. shes has tons of sposers her names paula shanks. she was so into it racing that when she was 15 she wanted to race so she got a cr80 motor and put it into her 250r frame just so she could start out. she still did good wit that quad. don't let the boyz beat up on ya. haha there nuttin like a look on a face of a boy when he gets smoked by a girl in a extreme sport.

Mity Mo
11-05-2001, 01:46 PM
Angela, the best thing to do is to make it short and sweet. They dont like reading long drawn out resumes. If you would like I can show you a sample of a racing resume that has worked and is working for me now. email me at brian @mitymocross.com That goes for anyone who would like to see what a resume should look like. I am more than happy to show anyone how to do it and make it look professional. But you do need to have them mailed out by mid November. they have schedules they like to keep and usually your bigger sponsors make their decisions by mid to late Nov. for next season.;)

MyIce
11-06-2001, 09:40 AM
If you wouldn't mind could you send me the resume.
webmaster@texasatvs.com
Thanks

trueblue450
11-06-2001, 04:26 PM
Me also:

mx300ex@hotmail.com

Thanks

11-07-2001, 05:28 PM
Me too please:) O1HondaCR@aol.com thanks

trx400ex
11-07-2001, 06:08 PM
me too please..... bluebanshee2000@yahoo.com

EX_RIDER
11-07-2001, 06:31 PM
TRX_RIDER911@hotmail.com

11-07-2001, 08:03 PM
if your not too busy i'd alos like to se a copy tobyparson@yahoo.com thanks alot man

Mity Mo
11-07-2001, 10:34 PM
Well instead of constantly typing the same thing out I came up with a better idea. Just go to my website and I installed a sponsorship page. Follow the instructions and you will have the best tool for Racing. www.mitymocross.com/profiles.html Be sure to check out the guestbook on the homepage and let me know if you like what I have done. God luck ladies and gentlemen with the resumes. Be sure to send me a copy so I can go over it with you. Two heads are always better than one.:D

Mity Mo
11-08-2001, 11:16 AM
I have even cut your work down by a little more. Go to my site and not only do I have a copy of what it should look like but I have over 70 addresses to the major companies involved with ATVs. www.mitymocross.com then click on the sponsorship page. :D :blah :p

11-08-2001, 02:40 PM
thanks alot...i am making my resume up tonite and sending some out tomorrow after school;)

Mity Mo
11-08-2001, 03:04 PM
great hope it works. Let me kow how it all pans out. Brian:cool:

Tommy 17
11-08-2001, 06:23 PM
hey brian what do u get from ur sponsers........

Mity Mo
11-08-2001, 08:14 PM
You dont get a whole lot your first year or two. But as you progress you can really start reaping the benefits of having them. Mainly you will recieve discounts on parts. Some of the big companies will give you track side help if you are with them. The racing is changing. With bigger corporate sponsors out there sooner than later we will be in a position that the dirtbikes are in. We will start getting factory teams, corporate sponsors but we all need to help each other out in order to get that far. One easy way of doing that is using companies that give back to the sport. If they dont want to help the ATV Race world grow then why donate your money to them. I see alot of guys wearing their stickers on their bikes and that is free advertising. Never do that. I raced like that for 3 years and guess what I got screwed in the end. So now only companies that help me by giving me a break on prices will I put their logo on the side of my bike or on my truck. Something to think about. If we all start doing this maybe just maybe we can help lower the prices on some of the aftermarket items we want. Maybe they will start treating us like dirtbike riders do instead of jokes. :(