PDA

View Full Version : School Uniforms....

Exrider434
02-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Well recently my school, public school, has brought up the idea of having school uniforms..Personally i think that is wrong because I dont want to look like every other kid in the school, i already get away from that by ordering my clothes from MX catalogs:blah:, there was just a clip on the news about it and our superintendent says "it will take our focus off what everyone is wearing and put more into our school work" which i think is complete bs because i dont give a ***DELETED***:grr: what everyone else is wearing.... Theyre trying to get it enforced by next year, my senior year! I could understand uniforms if it was a private school, you know your getting them when you go to that school, but i mean at a freakin public school come on!! They already keep us under watch like its a prison, you cant go more than say 25ft down a hallway without a camera, our school is supposively "the most strict" in our area and it just feels like every day its getting more and more like a prison.. Now they want us to all look alike, theyre taking away our freedom, we cant even speak without getting "insubordination" for disrespecting a teacher!!!

Sorry im just sorta mad about the whole uniform thing:ermm:

Heres a link to the newspaper article
http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/niagaracounty/story/285398.html

ZeroLogic
02-27-2008, 03:53 PM
I rather have a prison then a ********.:o

ATVMX905
02-27-2008, 05:30 PM
u need to walk in the superintendents office and grab him by his throat, throw em to the ground and honkey stomp him a couple times. That should fix things.;)

Exrider434
02-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by ATVMX905
u need to walk in the superintendents office and grab him by his throat, throw em to the ground and honkey stomp him a couple times. That should fix things.;)

If only i could without gettting in major trouble...

Parents, what do you think of this, would you support it or be against it..Same for any highschool student that reads it..

dpizz450
02-27-2008, 06:04 PM
eh... i know it sucks. i went to a private school and had to wear uniform but suck it up man you only got a year left. i know its gonna be your senior yr if they do it, but trust me you will have alot more things to worry about your sr year then some stupid uniforms. good luck

klutch
02-27-2008, 07:10 PM
My school we only have to wear uniform shirts with jeans as bottoms. They enforce the uniform shirt (hardly) they check in first period, sometimes second, but most kids just take the Uniform shirt off as i do. I hate uniforms and dont find a reason for them.

Exrider434
02-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by klutch
My school we only have to wear uniform shirts with jeans as bottoms. They enforce the uniform shirt (hardly) they check in first period, sometimes second, but most kids just take the Uniform shirt off as i do. I hate uniforms and dont find a reason for them.

Our main reason for them is to keep our focus on school not clothes:rolleyes:

klutch
02-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Exrider434

Because students care oh sooo much about what the fellow students wear? lol seriously what does the school board think....

Exrider434
02-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by klutch
Because students care oh sooo much about what the fellow students wear? lol seriously what does the school board think....

Thats exactly what i thought. I think itd bring up more of a problem in the school because everyone would look exactly the same. I mean there are times when kids get made fun of because of what they are wearing, but 99% of the time its the kids that dress like that for attention in the first place and then go bit(h about it to everyone for more.....

Nick110
02-27-2008, 07:19 PM

Ha that sucks if it goes through.

Just another reason to love Buffalo. :p

Exrider434
02-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
Ha that sucks if it goes through.

Just another reason to love Buffalo. :p

Where are you at? Im in lockport 15-20 mins outside buffalo

Kickstarts-suck
02-27-2008, 07:28 PM
I think its a stupid idea for public schools..

What if some people cant afford the uniforms?

Nick110
02-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Where are you at? Im in lockport 15-20 mins outside buffalo

In the most hated town...Orchard Park. Its about 15min outside of B lo.

mojo123
02-27-2008, 07:51 PM
i would hate to wear a uniform!!! i think uniforms are bs

good luck man

J//FLY
02-27-2008, 08:09 PM
they should jus face it there doig it cuz u probably have a low grduating class, cloths isnt guna make a difference.they should face it our generation is full of dumb*$$es.:o

Exrider434
02-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by J//FLY
they should jus face it there doig it cuz u probably have a low grduating class, cloths isnt guna make a difference.they should face it our generation is full of dumb*$$es.:o

low graduating class? My class has well over 300 kids in it and all of like 8 percent or something are failing.....

J//FLY
02-27-2008, 08:57 PM
thts wut they do round here they alwaysmake some kind of excuse to make tha school an teachers look better

ALAMX37
02-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Orchestrate a school wide walkout. I went to a little private school who attempted to make everyone where uniforms. Me and the entire Junior and Senior class just didn't wear them, what are they gonna do expel the entire class. It is simple their is power in numbers there is far more students than school employee's use your power to obtain what you want and they will be left with no choice but to follow the populous ruling.

Exrider434
02-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by J//FLY
thts wut they do round here they alwaysmake some kind of excuse to make tha school an teachers look better

Im sure thats not it here, the school was brand new 3 years ago and its huge. And i dont see how uniforms would make a teacher look better, but ok.....:blah:

MX MaNiAc 06
02-27-2008, 09:31 PM
They tried to do that at my school but it didnt happen. If ur schools anything like mine they are just talking. Its a lot of money to do it n everyone would hate it

J//FLY
02-27-2008, 09:39 PM
maybe they jus got board.

Exrider434
02-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
They tried to do that at my school but it didnt happen. If ur schools anything like mine they are just talking. Its a lot of money to do it n everyone would hate it

Thats what im hoping for....But the way theyre talking the vote for it is supposed to be in may. If 65% support it uniforms are mandatory and next september well have them..... Thats one thing my schools good at wasting money, so im sure this wont put a dent in theyre cash...I mean i already pay over $2 for a lunch when back in kindergarten i used to pay 45 cents for the same exact meals..

02-27-2008, 10:03 PM
I cant wait till June. I'll never have to deal with HS bs again.:D

cbrooks118
02-28-2008, 09:25 AM
I work for a school district, and it is sad when i cannot walk through the halls of some of the schools in the district and look at students without fear that i will see too much skin on a 14 year old. The fact is if you tell them to go home and change, they will not likely come back. Low attendance affects our accountability ratings which can affect our funds coming from Federal Funds for Education or Grants. Bottom line is this, if kids or parents cannot learn to dress appropiately, IE in clothing that is not distracting to other students, then they are hurting are ultimate goal, which is providing the best possible education we can to our eager young minds

Exrider434
02-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by cbrooks118
I work for a school district, and it is sad when i cannot walk through the halls of some of the schools in the district and look at students without fear that i will see too much skin on a 14 year old. The fact is if you tell them to go home and change, they will not likely come back. Low attendance affects our accountability ratings which can affect our funds coming from Federal Funds for Education or Grants. Bottom line is this, if kids or parents cannot learn to dress appropiately, IE in clothing that is not distracting to other students, then they are hurting are ultimate goal, which is providing the best possible education we can to our eager young minds

Yes that is one of the points they are making, but its just going to cause more problems when kids refuse to wear them or cant afford enough of them to not wear them out super fast. People are going to "modify" them and make them inappropriate no matter what happens

cbrooks118
02-28-2008, 10:42 AM
I highly doubt that affordibility will be an issue. These uniforms will be alot cheaper than the trends of current teens. Also, I am for sure their will be a program to kids who rate under a certain income to help them with the cost of uniforms. Keep in mind I do not have all the answers, as I just hear talks from up here in the business office and occasionally have to visit a campus

wilkin250r
02-28-2008, 01:20 PM
theyre taking away our freedom, we cant even speak without getting "insubordination" for disrespecting a teacher!!!

Keep in mind that you're not an adult. Many of the freedoms that adults enjoy do not apply to you.

On that topic, the freedom of speech and expression does NOT mean that you can say whatever you want, whenever and whereever you want. Sure, you can organize an "Anti-George Bush" rally without fear of retribution, but that doesn't mean you can organize one in 5th period English class.

Exrider434
02-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Keep in mind that you're not an adult. Many of the freedoms that adults enjoy do not apply to you.

On that topic, the freedom of speech and expression does NOT mean that you can say whatever you want, whenever and whereever you want. Sure, you can organize an "Anti-George Bush" rally without fear of retribution, but that doesn't mean you can organize one in 5th period English class.

Obviously, and i actually do have english 5th period lol...But i mean stupid little things like my one buddy set his hat on his head to sign out of study hall, and theres a no hat rule..a teacher not even in that class room walking by told him to take it off, he apologized and said something under his breath but she didnt hear what he said so she gave him In school suspension for the day for "talking back" when she didnt even know what he said...I believe that is a bit rediculous....

Oh and the Uniforms passed at the school board meeting last night, votes could be as soon as the end of march now.. :ermm:

wilkin250r
02-28-2008, 01:42 PM
I believe that is a bit rediculous....

Yeah, but that's not a "freedom" issue, and really doesn't have any bearing on the topic of uniforms.

Exrider434
02-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Yeah, but that's not a "freedom" issue, and really doesn't have any bearing on the topic of uniforms.

True.... I was just pissed off about it and rambling about everything, which now seems like nothing as i found out my grandma has cancer, but they have no clue where it is yet:ermm:

gbcap
02-29-2008, 07:02 AM
they have talked about it around here as well. but i doubt it will ever happen. basically they wanted to keep kids from wearing really baggy stuff, or really skimpy stuff. so they made rules like "the shoulders must be covered" and "no clothing can drag the floor" "skirts must be to the knee" "no offensive words/symbols viewable on clothing"

stuff like that. it gave them recourse to require students to wear certain things while still wearing thier own cloths. if they came to school in something not appropriate they are given two choices. put on a pair of school issued pants/shorts and a white t-shirt or be sent to ISS (in school suspension) for 3 days.

Moded86R
03-01-2008, 11:11 PM
I haven't been in high school since 04.(I made it!)

I had to go back to school last fall to get my transcripts.

I saw more girls in the 5 minutes I was in the office then I have seen this year!

I wouldn't worry about uniforms.Be glad you don't have to work with all guys everyday!