PDA

View Full Version : Shocks

KFX450Rrider
02-27-2008, 01:40 PM
best shocks? PEP, Custom Axis, Stadium, Motowoz, and Ohlin's
out of these shocks which one is the best overall. I am a 140-160lbs MX rider, i race a KFX450R i am aggresive and like to jump. i need one for a LT setup front and rear. I am looking for opinions on performance under these conditions for those 5 companies full race shock's.
Thank you for you time

kawiefan
02-27-2008, 02:44 PM
they will all be about the same if they are set up properly

ohsobad_chevy
02-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by kawiefan
they will all be about the same if they are set up properly

Exactly, doesn't matter what brand it is, unless it is set up correctly, it will offer poor performance. ;)

KFX450Rrider
02-27-2008, 02:53 PM
what i am curious about is ease of field adjustments. durability, and customer service

jandjracing
02-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by KFX450Rrider
what i am curious about is ease of field adjustments. durability, and customer service

I think that Motowoz may have most beat here. The field adjustments can all be made with the shocks still on the quad. You have the compression screw on the front of the res adjusted with a straight blade screwdriver. The rebound adjustment is made by hand with no tools. The crossover rings and preload collar uses a suplied spanner wrench. All this is done without unbolting anything. Motowoz customer service is top notch. Build time is also fast. I know they have a trick setup for KFX. Pic of the KFX is on the website.