PDA

View Full Version : xtreme/pitbike motor swap

double d 1
02-27-2008, 11:55 AM
you guys that are replacing youre motors with manual trans pit bike motors what exhaust are you using? and what about all the electrical stuff. are you using the stock 125 xtreme stuff or do these motors come with all the wiring and if not how much extra does it cost. and do these motors bolt right in. thinking of putting in a 140 or 150 GPX motor. thanks

WOLFPACK
02-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Generally the motors come with wiring and cables but you have to clarify that with whoever you buy it from.

Call Rob at (708)906-3528 and ask about the new pipe he's running. It's mean!

The motor should bolt right in without issue.

Shane

guy310
02-27-2008, 07:47 PM
The 140 will bolt right in. I am using a Two Brothers pipe. I saw it on a pitbike ridden by a guy from our area, Brad Ripple. His pitbike sounded awesome, full BBR I think. Anyway that pipe was on there and I got one from Willie's Moto World in CA, the shop that built that orange xtreme that raced in the WORCS series last year. The wiring harness will come with the engine, as will all of the cables. We used our parking brake lever and perch for the clutch lever and it works awesome. If you have any questions, call me at 219-746-3163. My name is Guy.

Jaybird
02-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Should bolt right up! The Typhoon exhaust will work but I eliminated about 80% of the stock wiring harness, including the key switch, starter button/off-on switch and the battery. There are some diagrams on t-bolts site under the electrical section. I had to cut and solder the stator connector from the stock Typhoon motor onto the Lifan. I used a newer YZ style kill button on the left handlebar and it looks real clean.
Brian

double d 1
02-28-2008, 04:46 AM
thanks for the replies. thought about just building the stock motor but for a few hundred more can have a new complete motor thats probably better. might not be legal in some racing series but we mostly trail and ride the dunes. thanks

hanzito
02-29-2008, 12:49 AM
i took the entire gpx 125 motor outo of my pitster pro and put it in my sons typhoon. i put a 146 kit on it before putting it in the mini. i used the stock pitster 125 exhaust i had to turn the clamp around. i used the complete wiring harness and cables to include the twist throttle and kill switch from the pit bike. Now my son has my 146 motor in his atv and i have a new 150 on teh way for me to put back in my 07 x4r pitster pro. i removed the stock typhoon exhaust, motor, and complete wiring harness and battery from the typhoon then put the complete setup up from my pitbike in his atv.

double d 1
02-29-2008, 04:47 AM
i have been going over to planetminis.com they have a lot of info there for the pitbike motors.

hanzito
02-29-2008, 07:13 PM
another great source for info on these chinese motors is thumpertalk.com forums under the pitbike section.