PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a RZR, looking for advice

troybilt
02-27-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm not sure which to buy, 26" Bighorns or 25", I see alot of Rhinos running 26", but not sure about RZR's.

thanks!

TheNewn
02-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Are you concerned about power? Ground clearance? The Rzr has much more power/torque than the Rhino. The Rhino uses the Raptor/Grizzly 700 motor (new ones at least) which is a single cylinder. The Rzr from what i understand uses a V twin 800 for much more power and torque. So i would say a Rzr will spin the 26" much easier than a Rhino would.

You have enough power to do it, its just personal preferance i guess.

cjkranz
02-27-2008, 06:09 PM
You might want to upgrade the belt (EPI Extreme) and also put on a totally different air intake system. These both seem to be weaknesses of the RZR..

troybilt
02-28-2008, 07:08 AM
Thanks. I was looking at also the Dragonfire exhaust and fuel controller.

If you are from Hutch, I didn't see your RZR until after I bought mine.

Did you ever take it down to Little Sahara? How do they ride? I've been on mine a total of 15 minutes. Too much snow... I'm headed down there on Easter weekend.

Ordering the wheels and tires today. The widest offset for the wheels I'm looking at is only 1" on each side. I wanted 2" offset, but not offered, probably get 1" spacers too.

cjkranz
02-28-2008, 04:18 PM
we took the RZR down to Waynoka twice and it ran great..... until it went up against a long travel rhino.. The rzr had more power but couldn't hang with the LT unless it was smooth.

Provided the weather cooperates, we'll be there also during Easter. (last year it snowed on us down there )

Look us up, we should have a total of 5 rhinos and 2 RZRs in our group that weekend..

Just look for DuneTuned, Oil Field Trash, or Sand Spankers.. that is our group..

troybilt
02-29-2008, 06:53 AM
Do you camp on the North Side? I may have camped near you before. We are one of the few groups that run several 250R's, 2-89's, 1-87, and 2-86 ATC 250R's. This is my first time on Easter weekend, we usually go late spring and early Fall.

Thanks for the advice.

troybilt
03-18-2008, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by cjkranz
we took the RZR down to Waynoka twice and it ran great..... until it went up against a long travel rhino.. The rzr had more power but couldn't hang with the LT unless it was smooth.

Provided the weather cooperates, we'll be there also during Easter. (last year it snowed on us down there )

Look us up, we should have a total of 5 rhinos and 2 RZRs in our group that weekend..

Just look for DuneTuned, Oil Field Trash, or Sand Spankers.. that is our group..

I'm going to really sound like an idiot here, but I'm getting the rides ready to head to the dunes and I can find the where the flag mounts on the rzr. Any help? Did you fabricate something. Thanks.

kenjolly
04-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Call Kevin at Dragon fire , the pipe and fuel controler and their new air filter system is a great start. the next thing you will want it a good suspension and they have it.

Good luck show us some pic as you do it.

Tell them Ken from Florida sent you.

troybilt
04-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Yes, I've been looking at their products for awhile now. Also, checking into and EPI clutch and belt upgrade.

FYI, Quadtech has a sweet replacement lid for the air cleaner canister as well.

Does anyone have any video of the Dragonfire Exhaust sound? I've heard the Looney Tuned Duals and it sounds pretty good. I'd like to hear the Dragonfire exhaust too.

Problem with duals is when you go to long travel suspension. The shocks get real close to the exhaust.

I went with 26" Bighorns on black Douglas spyders.

kenjolly
04-07-2008, 08:23 AM
go to photobucket.com search kenjolly one word then click on album look for videos. you can here a few of them running.