PDA

View Full Version : Dual rate vs Triple Rate

450Rchaser
02-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Im running a set of stock shocks on my LTR 450. They have been revalved and resprung by gt thunder and have a dual rate spring. I have a set of works triple rate springs for factory LTR front shocks. I mainly do woods races. Alot of bumpy stuff at a pretty descent speed. Would I benefit more by puttin the triple rate springs on? Or would dual rate be better for what type of terrain im riding?

bradley300
02-27-2008, 02:13 PM
more springs doesnt automaticly make it better. the number of springs used is nothing but the builders preference to get the correct progression in the shock. so valve for it, some spring for it, some do a bit of both. the person building the shocks has much more to do with how well they preform than how many springs it has

Pono
02-27-2008, 02:29 PM
you can put the triple rates on and see how it rides but there is no telling if it will be better. it depends on how the valving works with it. there is a good chance it wont ride good becuz of the valving being set up for the dual rate.

kawiefan
02-27-2008, 02:40 PM
for xc i would keep the dual rates. i would think the tripple rate would bottom out easier. try them and see