PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: stock 400ex engine

400exBRAAP
02-27-2008, 03:08 AM
i need a new engine for mine, becuz i dropped a valve in my old one,, really messed up the head. So im looking for a mostly stock engine, that doesn't smoke or anything, as a direct replacement for mine.

i said mostly stock, but if you think you have a RELIABLE and PROVEN engine, let me know!! thanks

j450rking
02-27-2008, 05:22 AM
i have a 416 that i built last winter that i'm selling. it has ja JE 10.8to 1 comp piston (so you can run pump gas) hotcams stage 2 cam, ebc clutch,heavy duty timing chain, and full cometic gaskets. this also has stainless polished allen head bolts on the entire engine. this engine has been vary reliable and i have never had any problums with it. it has about 40 hours on it including the break in time. i'm also in ny so you might be able to pick it up to save you a bunch on shipping. if you pick it up i can do $680 or if i have to ship it it'll be $730

j450rking
02-27-2008, 05:28 AM
here is a pic. it's much much cleaner now. the starter cover timing plugs and chain gaurd are powder coated

400exBRAAP
02-27-2008, 05:50 AM
ok, let me think about it and talk it over with my papa. idk if i can afford that RIGHT NOW, but in a few weeks i could probably afford it. i have another place (girlfriend) that needs to use my money first.

does this motor have the HD studs? and does it come with any electricals and/or the carb? has this engine ever blown head gaskets or had ANY problems whatsoever?

there is another motor im keeping an eye on that is BONE stock, which is what im leaning towards, but if that falls through, i will take great interest in yours. im basically buying and engine to replace mine just long enough to ride it for a little while (month, maybe 2), then sell it. and i dont the the difference in sale values of a 416 like yours and a stock engine is that big of a difference, so im trying to put as LITTLE money into this as i can. im hoping to sell it then maybe buy a 450r or a banshee

j450rking
02-27-2008, 12:19 PM
it has the stock studs but i havn't had a problum with it. my engine builder is using stock studds in his 440 and has never had a problum with it. i don't have a carb or wire harness for it. all that comes with it is the wires that come from the stator. i have never had a problum with this engine ever. i used the best parts i could get my hands on so it's vary strong. i always use maxima synthetic oil in it and chang it about every 5 hours of use. i was useing a 450r carb on it but the stock one will work great also.