PDA

View Full Version : carb blow back and hard to start? HELP

400thacker
02-26-2008, 10:47 PM
i have it running and think i have my carb fixed but when i start it i have to crank it forever and pump the gas like a mad man. when it starts it won't idle and seems to rev great but if i hold the throttle and one rpm speed it blows air out of the intake every once in a while. i think this is the timing? it starts alot easier off of starting fluid but usually dies when the fluid runs out. if it is the timing does anyone know if i should move the cam gear forward or backward (advance or retard) ? the timing marks are lined up as close as i can get them i believe. anyone ever have this happen? it sounds like it revs way to good to be the timing but i am not sure. any help is appreciated. thanks
Dan

400thacker
02-27-2008, 02:51 PM
just wanted to take this pic and try black wheels, and a black swingarm. is there anyone on here than can do that? i downloaded gimp and i am still trying to figure out how to use it.
thanks alot

bdtoady22
02-27-2008, 04:47 PM
have you checked your valve lash? that causes a hard to start condition

400thacker
02-27-2008, 08:25 PM
i have them a little loose just to get it running. i had to pull it to start it but i got it running. wouldn't do anything under 1/4 throttle but it ran like a scolded dog. revs great and does just fine in higher rmp but it's like my pilot jet isn't working? i am not really sure but i have a fellow on here sending me a carb that should work out fine. so hopefully i can eliminate that problem in the next day or so. if it is still doing it after the carb swap i may have to take it to a shop.