PDA

View Full Version : Need info about these shocks

XANDADA
11-19-2002, 10:07 AM
Help me out here! These were on the bike when I bought it, so I really don't know much about them and according to the Ohlins website they don't even make a shock for a 250r! Anyways, how do these shocks compare to what's out there now along the way of axis, pep, elka, etc? These only have a single spring, piggy back rez and are adjustable via knob at bottom of shock mount and at the rez.

I'm going to buy new a-arms soon and don't know whether to just keep these shocks if they are really good or just sell them and go with longer travels. Thanks for any help..

11-19-2002, 10:12 AM
Ohlin makes shocks for a 250R,,that's the only kinda decent shock you could get back in the day of racing quads in the late 80's and early 90's. they probably could use a freshining up and possible setup for dual rate and they'll work great for ya..

chavez
11-19-2002, 10:27 AM
i had ohlins on my r at one time i realy liked them like rico said they proble need freshened up or redone i had pep redo the ones on my 400ex turned them into tripple rates

chavez
11-19-2002, 10:30 AM
oh yeh if you dont have a manual i have one on acrobat reader pm me you email address and i could send it to you if you do not have it

smith
11-19-2002, 11:09 AM
can't tell for sure by the photo, but if there is a knob on the bottom also, that adjusts rebound. The one on the rezzie adjusts the compression. Those are really good shocks, but as mentioned probably need to be serviced. When you put new a-arms on, those shocks can be revalved and resprung if needed and you'll have a nice ride.

XANDADA
11-25-2002, 03:18 PM
Thanks for feedback, It's nice to hear that they're still pretty good shocks. You don't hear a whole lot about them anymore and I wondered if the newer stuff (axis/pep/elka) was all that much better. They are fully adjustable and I'll check into getting them freshened this winter after I get new arms. That leaves more money for the new cylinder, he,he,he!

Chavez, thanks for the manual!

sylvan56473
11-25-2002, 06:55 PM
Ohlins are some of the best shocks available in my opinion. The springs on your shocks should also be progressive springs. I just bought a complete set front and back and am loving them! I have had AXIS, PEP, and WORKS and still like the Ohlins the best.

breaks-alot
11-25-2002, 07:36 PM
Here's another pic of them. They are off e-bay I am seriously considering buying them...
Tell me if you guys think they are worth 350
There for +2 a-arms I will have Baldwin rebuild them for me though.
Any help is Appreciated!!